The Dragoness

Lucky Lottos [STATUS: CLOSED]

~ Lucky Lottos ~

What is Lucky Lottos? An opportunity to win great prizes while doing even greater things for the Dragon Cave community! Lottos will be hosted whenever prizes are available and are open to all players.

Table of Contents

I. About

II. Current Lotto & Prizes

III. Participants

🍀 Rules 🍀
1. You must fill out the form below each time you complete the monthly task.

2. You must have the messenger feature enabled.

3. You must have at least a bronze trophy.

4. The dragons you submit must have laid/stolen and matured dates occurring during the lotto period to be counted.

5. Submitted dragons (excluding gifts) must remain on your scroll for the entire lotto period. You may freeze them but please do not kill/release/etc. until winners are drawn.

6. Please add your non-gift dragons to a public group on your scroll titled "[Your Forum Name]'s Lotto Entry." Make sure you remove the dragons from the previous month!

7. You can join at any time during an active lotto.

8. You must claim your prize within 24 hours or a new winner will be drawn. If you are drawn and no longer want the prize, let me know as soon as possible.

9. Any prizes you win must grow to adulthood on your scroll. No exceptions.

10. Please do not edit a post after I have made an update. I will not be checking old posts so any new dragons that you add to them will not be counted.

🍀 Earning Tickets 🍀

In order to play, you must have at least 1 ticket. Tickets can be earned by completing the given task for the month. There are 4 possible tasks: gifting, catching, breeding, and experimenting. Keep reading for more information on what exactly those tasks will look like.

1 ticket = 1 entry of your name in the drawing

Ticket, Please!

Scroll link: 

Lineage link(s): 

Group link: 

**GIFTS ONLY** Recipient: 

Example of a completed form:

Spoiler

Ticket, Please!

Scroll link: Scroll Name

Lineage link(s): Lineage

Group link: Example's Lotto Entry

**GIFTS ONLY** Recipient: @The Dragoness

Catching

Task: catch dragons belonging to a specific breed or type (which will be stated at the beginning of the lotto).

The purpose of this lotto type is to keep the eggs in the cave moving and prevent blockages.

If a specific breed is chosen, it will be common to allow everyone participating a fair chance.

Dragons from the AP will not be counted. CBs only. You may submit dragons that you received as trades or gifts as long as their laid/grown dates occur within the lotto window.

Reward: 1 ticket per dragon.

Breeding

Task: breed dragons belonging to a specific breed or type (which will be stated at the beginning of the lotto).

The purpose of this lotto type is to have a positive impact on the breeding ratios. 

If a pair produces an egg that does not fall under the lotto requirements, it will still be counted as long as one of the parents fits.

You must breed your own dragons for this. No trades or gifts.

Reward: 1 ticket per dragon.

Gifting

Task: send random gifts to anyone you wish.

The only purpose of this lotto type is fun!

These gifts can be anything. They can also be delivered to anyone but must not be part of a trade or other previous agreement. They must be rrandom

Please don't post free-for-all links here.

Reward: 1 ticket per dragon.

Experimenting

Task: create as many Zombies, Vampires, and Neglecteds as you can.

There really is no purpose for this lotto. Isn't conducting chaos with dark magic enough?

Like all other dragons in this game, any undead that you manage to resurrect must have been caught/laid during the current lotto period.

Rejected Vampires, eggshells, and unturned dragons will not be counted.

Reward: 2 tickets per dragon.

🍀 Prizes 🍀

Grand Prizes

Tinsel_egg_variations_rotator.gifShimmer-scale_egg_variations_rotator.gif 2G Prizes

Gold_egg.gifSilver_egg.gifCopper_egg_variations_rotator.gif CB Metals

Neglected egg Neglecteds

user posted image 2G spriter's alt kin/2G HM kin/2G Thuweds

qyu.png 2G Alts

14udqig.jpguser posted imagePaper egguser posted image Unbreedables

Runner-Up Prizes

Tinsel_egg_variations_rotator.gifShimmer-scale_egg_variations_rotator.gif 3G Prizes

Gold_egg.gifSilver_egg.gif 2-3G Metals

user posted image 3G spriter's alt kin/HM kin/Thuweds

user posted image CB "rare" uncommons (ex. Xenowyrms, Almandines, Zyumorphs)

The prize(s) will vary each month, of course, but they won't ever be any ol' random AP finds. The winners will be allowed to choose their prize on a first come, first served basis.

If you are interested in donating a prize, please PM me after the final participant count!

In order to avoid having too many runner-up prizes, I will cap the winning percentage at 40%

(ex. out of 10 participants, 4 will get a runner-up prize + however many grand prize winners are drawn)

Breeding vouchers will be accepted at any time prior to the prizes being distributed. For eggs/hatchlings that you already have on your scroll, please hold them until the winners are drawn.

I will politely decline donations that do not hold an equal value to the examples above.

🍀 FAQ 🍀

Q: Are there any dragons that are never counted even if they fit the criteria?

A: Just Sinomorphs.

Q: How do I prove that I sent my gifts?

A: You don't need to. There is an honor system in place. The only method of "proof" currently in place is pinging the recipient.

Edited by The Dragoness

🍀 Current Lotto 🍀

Monthly Task: TBD

Start: TBD

End: TBD

Grand Prizes

First place: -

Second place: -

Third place: -

Runner-Up Prizes

~To be decided after the final count~

Edited by The Dragoness

🍀 Participants 🍀

Edited by The Dragoness

🍀 Past Lottos 🍀 

August 2019 (catch pygmies)

October 2019 (gifts + experiments)

Edited by The Dragoness

This looks awesome! :D I will definitely be participating, and I hope many others will support this game as well! Participating, donating, or just spreading the word can help keep fun player-made events like this going strong.

Thanks, The Dragoness, for starting this. If you ever need help with running this game, feel free to ask me!

Does catching mean CB only? So no grabbing bred pygmies from the AP?

1 hour ago, Dirtytabs said:

Does catching mean CB only? So no grabbing bred pygmies from the AP?

Good question. I did originally mean CB only but I'll count AP finds as long as their laid dates are on or after the 22nd.

Also, thanks to @osean, there is now a third 2G Prize to win this month!

Edited by The Dragoness

Oh, OK!

This sounds fun. Thanks for hosting. :)

So, just to be sure... bred pygmies are ok for this challenge if they are caught from the AP but not if they were traded for/received as a gift/bred from two pygmies on your own scroll/bred from your own pygmies then abandoned then re-found in the AP?

Also, can we get tickets for gifting/experimenting any time or only when it is given as a monthly task?

Another question: will there be other tasks added throughout the month or only the one for the entire duration?

Yea I'm really confused. can we bred our own pigmys? Also we have to make a group on our scrolls for all the entries for each lotto?So the other things like vamps and neglected, we put them in that group as well so tickets can be tallied? Now what if we vampire a neglected does it count as two?

Also where do the hybrids fit in, breeding or experimenting? All of the no habitat breedables?

Edited by borntobefree

5 hours ago, Kigyptnee said:

So, just to be sure... bred pygmies are ok for this challenge if they are caught from the AP but not if they were traded for/received as a gift/bred from two pygmies on your own scroll/bred from your own pygmies then abandoned then re-found in the AP?

Also, can we get tickets for gifting/experimenting any time or only when it is given as a monthly task?

Another question: will there be other tasks added throughout the month or only the one for the entire duration?

That's a good point. I was hoping to include more people by making AP babies count but I see now how that could become confusing. Maybe it would be better to just make catching = CB only to prevent people from breeding their own. Does that sound fair?

Tickets will only be given for the current task, which is catching. I may add little bonuses in the future but for now I want to make sure this lotto thing works as-is :)

4 hours ago, borntobefree said:

Yea I'm really confused. can we bred our own pigmys? Also we have to make a group on our scrolls for all the entries for each lotto?So the other things like vamps and neglected, we put them in that group as well so tickets can be tallied? Now what if we vampire a neglected does it count as two?

Also where do the hybrids fit in, breeding or experimenting? All of the no habitat breedables?

I answered the first question above. Yes you need to make a new group for each lotto and post whenever a new dragon grows up. The reason I ask for both is so that I can see that the dragons really belong to the person posting if they have their scrol/scroll name hidden. You can just delete it after winners are drawn. No, vampires/NDs/zombies will only be counted when the monthly task is to create them, which it isn't this month. They will only be counted as one dragon each.

Hybrids will count for anything except catching unless the monthly task says that a specific breed/body type that they do not fall under is chosen. The same goes for unbreedables. 

Does all of that make sense? I know it's a lot of information so just let me know if you need me to clear anything else up.

Nice challenge but I'll play devil's advocate here.  What's to stop people from trading for cb pygmys and how would you be able to tell if you decide to disallow that?  Also should update the current lotto post to specify cb only, not everyone will read through all the posts to find that.  My first thought when reading the current lotto was maybe I should work on some of my pygmy breeding plans I keep forgetting about. 

15 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

Nice challenge but I'll play devil's advocate here.  What's to stop people from trading for cb pygmys and how would you be able to tell if you decide to disallow that?  Also should update the current lotto post to specify cb only, not everyone will read through all the posts to find that.  My first thought when reading the current lotto was maybe I should work on some of my pygmy breeding plans I keep forgetting about. 

If someone wants to trade for CB pygmies, they will still have to raise them so I'll consider that alright for now. Some people (like me) do really struggle with cave hunting so I won't punish them for that. The only two things I'm fully against are using someone else's dragons or dragons that grew up before the start date--two issues that are solved by requiring a scroll group. But I'm still making little adjustments as time goes on. The feedback has been really helpful so far. This first lotto is definitely a test run as you can see XD

Second post updated! 

So if we want to enter dragons we have to do both the group and enter each one individually via the thread?  

20 minutes ago, osean said:

So if we want to enter dragons we have to do both the group and enter each one individually via the thread?  

Yep, that's correct!

For entering in the thread, you can include multiple dragons in one form

Edited by The Dragoness

When should we request a ticket for a dragon? After it is full grown/frozen? Or can we fill out the form while the qualifying dragon(s) are still in the egg stage?

10 minutes ago, Kigyptnee said:

When should we request a ticket for a dragon? After it is full grown/frozen? Or can we fill out the form while the qualifying dragon(s) are still in the egg stage?

When it is grown or frozen

I'm confused on the frozen, if its not growing to adulthood, then all you have to do is incubate hatch freeze and move on? Its that against the purpose of making sure its raised to adulthood on your scroll?

I just spotted this and I'm so in. Collecting pygmies gives me a reason to start hoarding pipios and increase the army again. I'm just not sure how many pygmies equals how many tickets.

Scroll link: TerraAnne

Lineage link(s): 

Bi0i6

more to come...

Group link: TerraAnne Lotto Entry

**GIFTS ONLY** Recipient: ??

Edited by TerraAnne
forgot my entry form lol

1 hour ago, borntobefree said:

I'm confused on the frozen, if its not growing to adulthood, then all you have to do is incubate hatch freeze and move on? Its that against the purpose of making sure its raised to adulthood on your scroll?

Well there is a limited amount of times you can freeze so it's only a small "cheat" for so long. The most anyone could do is 40 if they have a platinum trophy and freeze exactly 2 weeks apart. But then they can't freeze anything else, including dragons for the next lotto. Not everyone is a fan of having a army of frozen hatchlings either. So I don't really see it as cheating much at all. If you want to freeze yours, that's perfectly okay. I'll take frozens or adults :)

Noted, TerraAnne!

Edited by The Dragoness

Is it okay if I just keep adding to the pygmy list to my first entry post above or will I have to resubtmit for each pygmy added to the list?

4 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

Is it okay if I just keep adding to the pygmy list to my first entry post above or will I have to resubtmit for each pygmy added to the list?

You will need to resubmit if I've already done an update. I haven't quite yet as I'm editing the third post still, so if you have more right now to add, go ahead.