saarkin

Add a new Biome - Swamp

I think it would be nice to add a new type of Biome.  With adding new dragons regularly it would be nice to have another area for dragons to show up in.  This will allow more breeds to be available at the same time plus it will allow us to maybe revisit the sorting of what types show up where.

I don't think what shows up where will be revisited any time soon - that's up to the creators. But there have been other threads about adding new biomes.

Here's one:

While I agree a new biome might be nice, I don’t feel like a swamp is a great one to go with. I think there was a suggestion like this a while ago that asked for multiple new biomes, but I can’t quite remember it now (never mind Fuzz found it for me lol!), but imo you could easily find a swamp inside both the forest and jungle. Imo grasslands, plains, hills, or fields would be a good idea because they’re different enough from a sandy desert, and in real life are host to many varied and interesting species. 

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

I am all up for swamp biome, its a wonderful wetland that is not clearly split up like the Coast is with its huge cliffs and the bottomless ocean.

Its also one of the biomes that would be entirely different depending where it is places.

It can be hot and mostly water like the Everglades with creatures left and right around you but hidden from the eye or cold, foggy and spooky like the northern ones, being the birthplace of ghost stories, will-o-wisps and huge monsterious beings that vanish suddenly with the change of wind in the fog.

There is a high chance a dragon will hide there, knowing how much the fog, water and the unsetteling sounds will trouble potential egg stealers.

We've had so many suggested new biomes - Tundra, Arctic, Steppe/Savannah, Deep Ocean, Swamp/Wetlands (to include all sweet bodies of water), Meadow, Cave/Underground, Island, Cloud/Sky... You get the idea. While I'm still in support of it, I don't see it happen anytime soon. Maybe in 2 to 5 years we'll be ready for another biome - but I'm definitely not going to hold my breath. ;) 

Edited to add: Personally, I think Swamp isn't the ideal biome to add first. I feel like a separation between woodlands (Forest, Jungle) and grasslands (Savannah? Or just Grassland?) should be the first step, followed by splitting Coast into saltwater and freshwater.

Edited by olympe

Thanks for the responses and for the link Fuzz.  I like the diversity of the swamp which is why I went with it but any other new Biome would be nice as it would expand the world and provide more dragons the opportunity to be shown at one time which would be the main point in my opinion.

I think TJ once mentioned that we *might* get some more continents to explore eventually, but he also stated somewhere else that we don't need any extra biomes yet.