SakuraHimitsu

ANSWERED:Adware Issues?

Earlier today, I started getting redirected to something about a Walmart gift card/YouTube survey almost any time I try to go to a new page on the main site or the forums. So far, it appears to only be on this site, so I don’t think it’s actually a virus on my phone. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Edited by SakuraHimitsu
Typo

That's almost certainly something on your device. If it was on DC itself there would be a ton of people frantically posting about it lol. I'm not sure how different phone-internet is from computer stuff, but if something is actively redirecting the page (instead of just a pop-up or such) then it's most likely your browser. Have you done anything with your browser recently, updated it or installed an extension or something?

Congratulations, dear iPhone user. You won a virus. And, in case you missed this, we'll tell you again and again. Congratulations, dear iPhone user. You won a virus. And, in case you missed this, we'll tell you again and again. Congratulations, dear iPhone user. You won a virus. And, in case you missed this, we'll tell you again and again. 

XD

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It IS malware on your phone.

I have just posted this elsewhere for someone with the same issue. and it worked: 

www.malwarebytes.com/ios/  for iPhones and iPads. 

https://www.malwarebytes.com for those with other devices/systems. It's free; everyone should use it REGULARLY.

Thank you guys! I’ll try to figure out how to fix it. It is strange that so far, it only seems to be on dragcave, but it’s probably a site I visited. I keep reading those story ad things from Snapchat, and those sites do seem a little fishy. 

Use the link I posted. It has already worked for some people on another forum. (where it also showed up). It's free - you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. And it is your phone, not the cave or the forum here. These things hook on to one site and go for you !

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Use the link I posted. It has already worked for some people on another forum. (where it also showed up). It's free - you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. And it is your phone, not the cave or the forum here. These things hook on to one site and go for you !

Thank you so much! I downloaded it!

And did it work ? Bet it did !

It did 😅 everyone always says iPhones cant get viruses so ive been ignorant. I appreciate the help. 😁