BSA Network

BSA "network"

Activation: Can do one of of 2 things:

1) Post (or take away) a BSA dragon you own to "the network"

2) Use the BSA of a dragon on "the network" on an egg/dragon you own

Casting dragon: ?

Cooldown: ?

Thoughts?

I'm afraid I don't understand what this is.

Are you proposing a way for people to use the BSAs of other people from a voluntary public pool? If so, why would this need to be a BSA and not just a feature of the site?

Regardless, if that is the intent, hard no from me.

42 minutes ago, Keileon said:

I'm afraid I don't understand what this is.

Are you proposing a way for people to use the BSAs of other people from a voluntary public pool? If so, why would this need to be a BSA and not just a feature of the site?

Regardless, if that is the intent, hard no from me.

Yes, though not summon. So there's some limit to the usage.

I don't know if I fully see how this might be possible. To use a BSA, the affected egg/hatchling currently needs to be on your scroll.

Influence help is already available here and here. I think a simpler idea would be to create a forum thread where people can offer to claim eggs/hatchlings, use a BSA on them, and then return the dragons. You could even call it "The BSA Network." Adding such a feature to the site would take a lot of coding and I just don't see it working out.

Edited by The Dragoness

32 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I don't know if I fully see how this might be possible. To use a BSA, the affected egg/hatchling currently needs to be on your scroll.

This. I think something like this would be a *huge* change from how the game currently works. DC is, and has always been, relatively independent, ie your scroll is yours alone and no one else can affect it. I really don't see how something like this could work without huge changes to the entire idea of the game... Making users able to use dragons on someone else's scroll, changing the entire structure of BSAs in general to allow the action on dragons not even on the same scroll... Too complicated and too much of a change, imo. There are plenty of people around here willing to help people with BSAs, either by gifting BSA dragons or offering to take an egg/hatchie and doing the BSA on it and then returning it... I don't see a huge need for something like this in-game.

Depending on how it's implemented, I see three likelihoods:

1) Charitable people put dragons on the network, but it can't keep up with the number of people who find it more convenient to use from the network instead of collecting BSA dragons.  Possibly devaluing BSA dragons, probably resulting in an almost-useless "network".

2) If you have to trade your own BSA uses for others: you've basically got a red that can also incubate.  Sounds like some combination of weird and overpowered.

3) If you need a new dragon to access the network, then you've got two problems:

--a) It's harder for charitable people to put dragons on the network.  Refer to problem 1.

--b) The new BSA dragon is immediately in high demand for its versatility.  Especially if it's uncommon.

Yeah, there are some issues with passing eggs to someone else to use BSAs on, including "they might not give it back" and "influence is erased by teleports so you have to keep it until it hatches", but I think your suggestion would either not fulfill its intended purpose or else severely change the game.  Severe game-changes are not generally desirable.

So... your idea is cool in principle, but I don't think it would be a good idea in practice.

I don't like this idea. It seems like a good way for lazy people to use BSAs without bothering to do the work of catching and raising the dragons. Also, what would be the advantage for anyone to bother with putting their own dragon on this network?

It's not difficult to get all the BSA dragons you need. The Trading Hub is a good way to exchange for something you're having a hard time finding on your own, and there are gifting and trading threads here on the forum.

I know that, way back when, I actually made an effort to collect reds (despite not really liking the old sprite) in order to never run out of influences. It took a while, and I felt very accomplished when I succeeded. With an ability like this, you take away this sense of accomplishment for others - because there's no reason to put in the effort any more.

I know that not everyone likes every dragon, though, and can understand that you don't want to collect certain dragons. It*s a pity if one of your least favorites is one of the important BSA dragons. Which is why I would rather see the same BSA with slightly different flavor texts given to several different dragons. Let's take incubate, for example: It could easily make sense for Spitfires, Embers and maybe even Magmas to have. Maybe even with slightly different results - Embers take 4 hours off the timer for every full day left (=up to 28 hours if you use the BSA on a fresh egg), Spitfires can take off an hour or two for the whole batch of eggs you have, even if they have been "incubated" by a different breed, Magmas can take off a random amount of time between 6 hours and 2 full days - with a risk of killing (=overcooking) the egg instead. "Incubates" don't stack with each other, unless stated otherwise. (So, no taking off 28 hours with an Ember, then another 24 hours with a Red, then another random amount of time with a magma...) Things like that.

While I am not in favor of this suggestion, I do see that it could help new members who are not on the forum and haven't had a chance to collect BSA dragons yet. On the forum there is a great sense of community and cooperation that is not available to game members who do not use the forum.

14 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

This. I think something like this would be a *huge* change from how the game currently works. DC is, and has always been, relatively independent, ie your scroll is yours alone and no one else can affect it. I really don't see how something like this could work without huge changes to the entire idea of the game... Making users able to use dragons on someone else's scroll, changing the entire structure of BSAs in general to allow the action on dragons not even on the same scroll... Too complicated and too much of a change, imo. There are plenty of people around here willing to help people with BSAs, either by gifting BSA dragons or offering to take an egg/hatchie and doing the BSA on it and then returning it... I don't see a huge need for something like this in-game.

I rather agree. I would rather (and do) breed BSA dragons to the AP, for those who need them. Scroll independence is a big thing with DC, and I would rather it stay that way.

Also, there are a lot of people willing to breed on request and for free. For most people, that includes (clean-lineaged) BSA dragons.

I like this idea and I know I'd raise some dragons specifically so I could share their BSAs. ^_^

On 7/3/2019 at 10:24 PM, olympe said:

I know that not everyone likes every dragon, though, and can understand that you don't want to collect certain dragons. It*s a pity if one of your least favorites is one of the important BSA dragons. Which is why I would rather see the same BSA with slightly different flavor texts given to several different dragons.

I do also like this, though, but I think I've said that before in another thread. Do you know where this was first discussed? Does it have a dedicated thread yet? :)

@pinkgothic It's been years, and most of the discussion went about exact replica of the BSA vs. slight differences to the BSAs. You can easily guess which side I took... I think the thread was started by TJ, so that's something to look into...

Seems like the thread has either vanished, or I remembered something wrongly, or whatever. I can't find it. I guess this means that you'll have to start a new thread about it. If someone else finds the original thread, they'll likely inform you then. XD