Jump to content
TJ09

2019-06-30 - June Dragon Release

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Yeah I guess my only critique is that the female's head region is really bunched up and busy, and it's hard to understand what's going on. Would be a lot better if the second/upper part of the neck twist wasn't there and instead it went straight to the first portal. The male looks so flowy!

Edited by High Lord November

Share this post


Link to post

 

38 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

 

1 hour ago, Pixxelation said:

Imagine:

 

You run a grocery store. Now, this store is known for it full-sized hams. These hams are gorgeous—honey-cured, meaty goodness, and you make a good buck off them.

 

Then, one day, it happens: you walk into the store and your entire stock is gone. So you vow to find the culprit and stay in the store overnight.

 

You hide in a nearby aisle and keep an eye on the hams. However, you begin to drift off to sleep. But just before you’re completely out, you hear a VWOOP sound and some rustling around.

 

Immediately you bolt upright. The hams, you think to yourself in a nervous sweat. You tiptoe around the edge of the aisle, and that’s when you see it:

 

A portal pops up. The head of a riftwyrm emerges. It swallows a ham whole. And then it pops back into the portal and disappears.

 

And then the portal reappears, only slightly further down, and out pops the riftwyrm—is it the same one or another? You really can’t tell.

 

You have no idea what you’re going to do, but you swear on the fallen hams that you will have vengeance.

 

...and that is why I love riftwyrms and am hella excited for lore implications.

In the distance comes a chorus of roars from angry Green Dragons, your best customers. You now have an instant army. An epic showdown is imminent.

 

  Green adult Halloween 2015

LOL

 

This is great.

 

The Mystery of the Missing Meat!

 

Only on Dragon Cave!

Share this post


Link to post

Here's a large chunk of the hourly non-coast "chill" egg locations, with color to hopefully help spot patterns.  (???) represents times nobody recorded any non-coast locations.  Some of it might be due to the eggs maybe sometimes trying to spawn in coast and coast, rather than, say, coast and alpine.  Some of it, though, is just "nobody was looking at the right time to figure out what biome the eggs were in."

Spoiler

Desert
(???)
Desert
Jungle
Desert
Forest
Desert
Forest
Volcano
Forest
Alpine
Volcano
Volcano
Alpine
(???)
Jungle
Jungle
Forest
Desert
(???)
Alpine
Volcano
(???)
Desert
Alpine
(???)
Jungle
Forest
Forest
Volcano
Volcano
(???)
Jungle
Desert
(???)
(???)
Desert
Forest

I can't find a pattern; can anyone else?  If nobody finds a pattern, it's probably safe to declare it's random and stop collecting data.  There's more data (including dates/times and some scattered older points) in this spreadsheet, if you want it.

 

Actually, @TCA you sprited the wyrms, right?  Would you mind telling us whether we'd be wasting time to look for a pattern?

Share this post


Link to post

The Rift Wyrm face looks nearly identical to the Aeria Gloris face and I can't help but wonder if the Rift Wyrms were supposed to be the original concept for the Space Infinity Stone :v Especially since the stone's original color had been purple throughout all Marvel content from 1972 up until MCU changed it in 2017 to blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ValidEmotions said:

The Rift Wyrm face looks nearly identical to the Aeria Gloris face and I can't help but wonder if the Rift Wyrms were supposed to be the original concept for the Space Infinity Stone :v Especially since the stone's original color had been purple throughout all Marvel content from 1972 up until MCU changed it in 2017 to blue.

 

Nah. Rifties and Aeria Gloris's similarities are largely coincidental. One was originally a Halloween loosely inspired by Yukari Yakumo and the idea of "what if a vaguely Lovecraftian dragon was not evil, just made of shenanigans", the other was made to go "well okay I guess we're doing infinity stones let's make the space one weird and alien". They're both supposed to vaguely resemble deep-sea creatures though, and I hadn't looked at the Rift Wyrms in months when I made the Aerias so the horns ended up more similar than perhaps I would have liked.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pixxelation said:

Imagine:

 

You run a grocery store. Now, this store is known for it full-sized hams. These hams are gorgeous—honey-cured, meaty goodness, and you make a good buck off them.

 

Then, one day, it happens: you walk into the store and your entire stock is gone. So you vow to find the culprit and stay in the store overnight.

 

You hide in a nearby aisle and keep an eye on the hams. However, you begin to drift off to sleep. But just before you’re completely out, you hear a VWOOP sound and some rustling around.

 

Immediately you bolt upright. The hams, you think to yourself in a nervous sweat. You tiptoe around the edge of the aisle, and that’s when you see it:

 

A portal pops up. The head of a riftwyrm emerges. It swallows a ham whole. And then it pops back into the portal and disappears.

 

And then the portal reappears, only slightly further down, and out pops the riftwyrm—is it the same one or another? You really can’t tell.

 

You have no idea what you’re going to do, but you swear on the fallen hams that you will have vengeance.

 

...and that is why I love riftwyrms and am hella excited for lore implications.


This is just awesome, lol! .... And now I can't stop thinking about a holiday event-game where we have to deal with these portal-hoppers causing mischief everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post

So it seems pretty clear the rifts drop randomly (except in coast, where they always are.) Ok. What about the pygmies, though? Is there any method to their madness?

 

Maybe I'm cynical, but this all seems designed to force us to go to the new Discord so we can find out where the darn things are every hour LOL...

Share this post


Link to post

Both are beautiful, and I'm insanely happy I managed to fill up on them first day <3

 

Share this post


Link to post

The Pygmies are great and the wyrms no longer make me uncomfortable like their s2 did (don't like the bisecting). Win all around.

Share this post


Link to post

Rifts are made of shenanigans and I love it, I love it so much. Best dragons.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

The adults are beautiful! Thank you TJ09! Thank you artists! I love them!

Edited by WatersMoon110
I love them!

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, what cool dragons!! I've got a good clutch of the pygmies but am still looking for some rift eggs... I'll get them eventually! 

 

and oh man, the implications of what havoc mischievous portal-hopping dragons can wreak... there's great potential for hilarity there.

Share this post


Link to post

i...i dont know how it happened, but every influence of mine has failed. All my rift worms are male...

Share this post


Link to post

TJ says there is no fail rate any more. He said it's 100%.

 

 

Check your action log, and if it shows you influenced female, PM him.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

TJ says there is no fail rate any more. He said it's 100%.

 

 

Check your action log, and if it shows you influenced female, PM him.

 

huh, i could have sworn i did 2 female, 2 male. I did my 4 pygmies correclty. Not sure what happened but i guess it IS my fault, so i'll have to try and trade for females or catch new eggs. bleh but they're such a pain to catch. i'll hope for someone to offer on a trade before i resort to staring at biomes for hours on end waiting for one to appear and not have it happen

Edited by Sirithiliel

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/30/2019 at 9:40 PM, Imzadi said:

The first I could go for, but I draw the line at burning plastic bags in my house. 😀

 

To be fair, that part wasn't actually on purpose

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

huh, i could have sworn i did 2 female, 2 male.

Your Action Log should be able to tell you!

Share this post


Link to post

omg. I love both adults, but The Wyrms are my fav by far. There's so much I wanna pair with them. Arcena's and Witchlights are the first two on the list for sure! Then Come Gaia Xenos. 

Share this post


Link to post

The Avea Pygmies are really pretty, but I LOVE the Rift Wyrms! They're SO cool and unique!

Share this post


Link to post

Another lovely release! The adults and hatchlings are just beautiful. :wub:

 

Thank you TJ, artists, spriters, and everyone involved in bringing these to the cave! ^_^ 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Your Action Log should be able to tell you!

 

I think the implication of their last post is that they checked and indeed.... :(

Share this post


Link to post

Oops, I kept forgetting to check out this release! Either way the adults look neat, and I'd imagine Rift wyrms would look cool paired with Aeria Gloris dragons. Their heads seem to be kind of similar in shape!

 

Thanks to TJ and the spriters. :) I'll probably try to catch these eggs soon.

Share this post


Link to post

These dragons are fantastic, love them both. The story with the hams (and maybe my coffee) turned my grouchy morning into happy. 😃

Thanks to the artists, and those commenting on stories. Loving the thought of an epic green army forming over the theft of ham.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/4/2019 at 7:56 AM, Spiteful_Crow said:

 

In the distance comes a chorus of roars from angry Green Dragons, your best customers. You now have an instant army. An epic showdown is imminent.

 

  Green adult Halloween 2015

Oh, does this bring back memories.  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/1/2019 at 11:43 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

 

What time zone are you in ? I'm on UK time and for once it was a good time for me. The big issue is the fact that they MOVE, though ! I keep hitting the wrong biome, and by the time I realise, there will still be a couple there, but I miss them.

 

Even so - they ARE permanent. As a general rule I don't mind what day I catch them; I'm just always afraid they will turn out RARE..

 

I am also UK, but had not expected the change of time so while it might have been a good time for the release, I didn't know about it until much later.  I had got into the habit of checking at certain times, most recently usually on a Sunday morning and finding the release was overnight. I had checked on Sunday morning, but there was nothing so I figured no release was coming, only for it to come out later on Sunday and not find out until I got home from work on Monday evening.  

 

As another person replied to me, lots of us have lives that don't allow us to be on the computer stalking the cave all the time.  A 24 release in the relevant biomes would solve that problem.  The moving biome I understood was a deliberate aspect of this particular release. I hope you got them. 

 

And yes, I hear you on the rare issue.  I missed the big DC birthday celebration (the year the coppers were released) because I was on holiday and without internet, and I am still trying to complete my collection for all I would like of those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.