Nighttamer

Genetics

First i want to say that this thread is more in universe and i don’t want the Admins/etc. to change anything or such. This is just an discussion what would it look like in universe. 

So what i want to talk about is the genetics when two dragons breed, i know that the breed of one of the parents is carried over. But is, if a Black and a Tailwip-dragon breed the tail of the resulting black than longer?

Or if you would have to breed any normal dragon species to breed with an Albino are their bodies then lighter? And if an very strong magical Dragon would breed with another dragon species would the cild have stronger or weaker magic?

I would say yes, but what do you think?

Well, I can't answer all these questions - but I happen to know about albinism being a recessive trait. And it's usually an all-or-nothing condition - either you're an albino with pretty much no dark pigment (melanin) in your body, or you have the normal amount. Unless, of course, you have a different condition like dilutism - but that's not the same as having one albino gene and one normal one. More like two normal ones that don't work quite as well as a true normal one, if you get my drift.

In any case, if you breed black x albino, the offspring would be black (unless the black has an albino gene, in which case each kid had a 50% chance of turning out black, and a 50% chance of turning out to be an albino).

This thread seems like it would be more aptly placed in Site Discussion, as it is in-universe.