Sign in to follow this  
SakuraHimitsu

Rares more Common?

I have a question!

Before the past week or so, I’ve never really seen many coppers, silvers, cheeses, or chickens in the cave. Recently, though, I’ve seen a tonne! Is this just weird luck for me, or has anyone else noticed this?

Unless the ratios reset at this time of year (I can never remember when it happens) it's just luck.

1 hour ago, Keileon said:

Unless the ratios reset at this time of year (I can never remember when it happens) it's just luck.

The ratios reset annually? Huh. For some reason I always thought they automatically adjusted throughout the year based on player activity.

I haven't seen anything more valuable than a Red for a while, so yeah, I'm also guessing it's just a streak of really good luck. Enjoy it while it lasts!

I don't think they do as such. Just creatures older than 1 year don't count anymore for the ratios, I faintly recall TJ saying a long time ago. Since we have the Market with its price fluctuations, we could probably guess how often the ratios get calculated - definitely not just once a year.

I saw two coopers in the cave and caught one, which hasn't happened since their release...so maybe?

Though, I've been hunting more as of late so... *shrug*

I got two Cheeses, a Mageia Xeno, and a Yellow Zyu in the caves on the same day. That was some crazy luck, because I can never catch Xenos or Cheeses on my own. I always trade for them. And apparently Yellow Zyus are rarer than the ones I usually catch (White, Red).