olympe

Which hybrid would you like to see in the cave?

I just got this weird idea to think of hybrids I'd like to see. So, why not discuss this?

To make things as easy to understand as possible, please list the parent breeds instead of a made-up name. Or put the hypothetical hybrid name in brackets after the parent breeds. Also try to explain what would make this hybrid special. And, who knows, maybe someone will get inspired to create one of these breeds? You never know.

A hybrid I'd like to see:

Nebula x Spirit Ward.

It would be black during the day, and gradually show more of its nebula pattern during the night. Yes, it's kind of like a Nebula, but with the sprite-changing feature of the Spirit Ward.

Blancblack x Gilded Bloodscale would be wonderful.

Also just hybrid Drakes and 2-heads in general.

Pillows and Seasonals. One for each season. Which WERE being worked on and were lovely - but have been abandoned. :(

Purple Stripeds. Parents would be Striped + any purple dragon!

I just randomly thought about Pipio Pygmy x Dark Myst Pygmy to create some sort of Ying Yang pygmy *lol*

A hybrid I'd like to see:

Nebula x Spirit Ward.

It would be black during the day, and gradually show more of its nebula pattern during the night. Yes, it's kind of like a Nebula, but with the sprite-changing feature of the Spirit Ward.

That sounds really cool. I want that.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Pillows and Seasonals. One for each season. Which WERE being worked on and were lovely - but have been abandoned. :(

I miss this one too. They looked great...

Maybe a Red X Water Dragon or Red X Ice/Frost hybrid? I like opposites combining.

Speaking of old Dragon requests, there was a Blusang x Sunsong hybrid in the works, but it's gone too.

Edited by Shokomon
I meant to quote just part of the OP

28 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Speaking of old Dragon requests, there was a Blusang x Sunsong hybrid in the works, but it's gone too.

The Sunburst Lindwyrm. It was nothing if not gorgeous. 

So, I know this will never happen, but I'd *love* hybrids of Xenos and Prizes. There are 6 different Xeno breeds, have each one able to produce a different 'shiny' Xeno when bred with Prizes. 

17 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Gold and mint = gold mint :)

Dear Lord. Best idea ever. It'll make the most common commons popular again, and hopefully make the rarest rares more common (if gold Mints are at least uncommon). Even if they're super rare, just the thought of a shining golden mint is too cute!

23 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Gold and mint = gold mint :)

Just allow the same kind of thing to happen with all other shiny dragons - Coppers, Silvers, GWs, Speckle-Throateds, both kind of Prizes, Lunar Heralds, Ribbon Dancers, Heartstealers, 

Even better, allow recolors with these pallettes for the 3 most underpopulated breeds of the month, count the color variants for the breed and you'll help ratios.

Just about anything involving really old dragon breeds so they could get some more love.

Or maybe a Black x Dark Green that could alt. :D

I've noticed that Waterwalkers and Waverunners get very little appreciation and love....maybe combine them to make something cool? Wavewalker? XD

Waverunners already make Storm-Riders, with Electrics ;)

I think Blanchblacks and Nexus could make for an interesting hybrid, it could bring balance to the chaotic Nexus! Plus their features and colors could be played around with to make for an interesting design. Maybe the dragon could even have a steam-based breath weapon and be weaker than a nexus but less axe-crazy to balance it out. Plus it could be a winged eastern like radiant angels which is pretty neat.

Aether wyverns and Fellfire wyverns could make a hybrid based off of the Australian fire tornado. Those exist, sweet dreams!

Image result for australian fire tornado gif

I'd imagine the breed would have powerful air/fire mana, big firey manes, and hearts as black as coal!

Edited by blockEdragon

On 6/24/2019 at 6:19 AM, tjenni said:

I just randomly thought about Pipio Pygmy x Dark Myst Pygmy to create some sort of Ying Yang pygmy *lol*

I was actually just thinking about that the other day. I’m already collecting and starting a lineage, lol.

On 6/24/2019 at 6:19 AM, tjenni said:

And here I kinda thought when the Mariner Pygmies came out, that they looked like a Dark Myst x Pipio hybrid.

What I'd love to see is a Waterhorse x Balloon hybrid... the Water Balloon! It could stun its prey by spitting a gelatinous-skinned blob of water at it, then pouncing on the stunned critter. (Like how an archer fish hunts insects.)

Edited by catstaff

On 6/24/2019 at 11:15 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Are you thinking of the Weather Balloon dragons? (Seasonal x Balloon)

I don't remember a Seasonal x Pillow one. What were those like?

I used to spend a lot of time trying to make a large checker out of Spitfires and Deepseas. I'd not mind a hybrid from that pairing. No clue what its traits might be, though. Similarly, I'd enjoy Blusang x most of anything else if it resulted in something with the body shape of the 'anything else', but the colour scheme of the Blusang - I really like the aesthetic.

Solar Herald (Magma x Lunar Herald), which I'm envisioning as some kind of impossibly bright dragon.

Soulscorcher Dragon (Guardian x Hellfire), a protective dragon with a mean streak? XD

Pearlwing Dragon (Swallowtail x Ridgewing), a thin-winged, iridescent butterfly dragon.

Something like that. I like hybrids.

Its completely impractical, but I'd like to see hybrids between the metallic dragons. What would a silver x gold hybrid look like? silver x copper?

Take this thought a step farther, and we could form all sorts of "alloy" dragons! Bronze! Brass!

I'm a nerd.

23 hours ago, Twimm said:

What would a silver x gold hybrid look like?

Green-ish yellow metallic, probably. (Because if you create a With an orange (female) or green (male) mane, and maybe even wings. ;)