BlueLatios

Automatic Hide

I have an idea, and this might work. So there's probably nothing to do about sickness mechanism, and fogging is the most effective way to keep eggs and hatchlings safe. However, not all people remember, and some are busy with other things to do as well which makes it easy to forget. So this is my suggestion: an option in the Account Settings for people to automatically hide eggs that they have just received.

This can be just hiding any and all eggs they had just obtained from cave or teleport links, or it can be expanded into 2 additional options: hide eggs from Abandoned Page, hide hatchlings received in any way. Alternatively, an option to automatically hide all eggs which has not lived for more than a day.

While I personally don't really care either way about this suggestion, I don't really think it would fly. Yes sickness is frustrating, and viewbombing is a horrible thing, but in general we are supposed to be responsible for our own dragons. Keeping an eye on them, knowing to fog if and when it's needed, even using Ward if needed, those are all things that we as users should be responsible for. Automatically fogging every egg is basically just 'I want to keep my eggs safe but don't want to actually put in any effort so I'll just have the game do it for me', which... Given TJ's opposition to changing sickness, I can't see that actually happening. 

On 6/19/2019 at 5:43 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Keeping an eye on them, knowing to fog if and when it's needed, even using Ward if needed, those are all things that we as users should be responsible for.

The only time sickness actually does anything is when you're trying to hatch zyumorphs and prizes fast (very annoying...), when you're a new player who doesn't know better, and - possibly most commonly - when you're viewbombed. I can see why you should be "responsible" for the first two, but not the last.

Do new players, outside of holiday rushes, actually lose that many to sickness? I see plenty asking for help that ran out of time, but I only really see sickness deaths during events when it's much busier. Only ones I lost to sickness was the lag monsters fault as there wasn't any others in the fan sites. 

Which, if true means sickness really does nothing except provide flustration and a way to attack others. If it's your first dc holiday, you likely aren't going to know what works the rest of the time, will now get them killed.

I find it immensely frustrating that we're expected to perform a lot of boring, repetitive chores (fogging and unfogging each egg manually) just to protect ourselves from viewbombing, which isn't even SUPPOSED to be part of the game.

It doesn't really make the game more challenging in any way, just more boring and more annoying. There's no pleasure in going back and forth fogging and unfogging eggs; literally zero.

I think what we need more is a mass unfogging option - even if it has to be a BSA.