TJ09

2019-06-18 - Official Dragon Cave Discord

7 minutes ago, MonicaOP said:

Oh, I'm getting an Invalid invite message!!! :(

22 minutes ago, Dragonking said:

Getting a Invalid invite?

25 minutes ago, Angra_Mainyu said:

I clicked on the link, but was told that the invite was invalid?

The link inexplicably expired despite being permanent (not the first time I've seen it happen...).

I've already updated the first post, but the new link is https://discord.gg/EJYM4QE

A quick tip: if you're signed into Discord on the desktop client, but open the invite in the browser, it will sometimes say the invite is invalid. In this case you just need to copy the invite into the "join a server" prompt on Discord.

exciting to have the chat now on discord.
New platform to get to know and used to, at least for me.

I hope you all feel welcome and homey in our new chat! ^.^

32 minutes ago, erevainsgirl said:

Well, maybe it's time to get Discord then...

- or not -  :lol:

The best part about discord is that it will often work like the forums. You can scroll back as far as you like to read the latest. You don't miss anything by logging out and back in. It also works well across computers and devices, so you can respond to things like trade links quicker if it's on your phone.

You can make friends through discord and then create groups within discord - user to user instead of on a specific discord server like the Dragon Cave server - to have specific discussions that limit the people talking or are off-topic on the DC server discord.

P.S. - The default colors and font sizes can be changed. Don't let readability of the default settings stop you from keeping up!

Edited by stardust13

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

- or not -  :lol:

I'll now make you angry and say If only there was a 'like' button! 😈

Never say never but not yet!

My wall to avoid Discord just got another crack in it that's probably take it down. I'm interested to see what this looks like!

I'm not sure it'll ease anyone's concerns, but when I first joined discord a while back, my immediate thought was "... oh, this is like IRC but with a better interface!"

It's really quite easy to get used to if you give it some time.

Honestly shocked by the amount of people posting here saying that they don't know how to use discord 😂 Literally every forum that I've been on (which are as old as or older than DC) abandoned IRC literal years ago and have been using Discord or other platforms for a while now, so I have no idea how y'all have been able to avoid it... unless DC is the only forum you visit?

Glad to see DC is finally moving on as well. Maybe now a live chat will finally be active. 

I know how. I have visited the unofficial discord several times. Thanks; I MUCH prefer the forum. Live chat is not something that appeals to me in any form.

3 hours ago, quinney said:

I'll now make you angry and say If only there was a 'like' button! 😈

Never say never but not yet!

raygun.gif

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I created an account and joined both official and unofficial discords today, looks very good so far.

Also, is the Discord logo Mickey Mouse pants??

58 minutes ago, natli said:

I created an account and joined both official and unofficial discords today, looks very good so far.

Also, is the Discord logo Mickey Mouse pants??

Mickey Mouse pants? For which one?

This post is late, but I would just like to say:

YEET

38 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Mickey Mouse pants? For which one?

I mean the general Discord logo:

image.png.a7fb8b5b5e4a0325c7feaddd2b7b6bc7.png