olympe

Reduce Pop-Ups on Site, Please?

I know this is just a minor annoyance, but I feel it deserves to be suggested anyway.

Whenever I we execute a commonly used BSA, there are several steps involved: 

1. Find dragon with BSA available.
  2. Go to BSA page.
  3. Choose target egg/hatchling.
  4. New page, enter password (or have it filled in with auto-fill).
  5. Confirm.
  6. Now there's a pop-up, and you need to confirm again.

It's that last step that I feel is really unnecessary. I mean, before that thing pops up, you're on a separate page with only the target egg/hatchling on display. If you wanted to check, you could do it then. The only thing the pop-up does for me is force me to move the mouse pointer there, click again - and annoy the heck out of me. Especially if I need to mass-incubate or mass-influence.

And, while I'm at it - there's the same thing for abandoning (and probably releasing/killing?) dragons of all stages. 

I'd really like to see these pop-ups go. They're no help to me, don't make me stop to check (because I do that before confirming for the first time - unless I want to use the BSA on everything, in which case I don't need to check). They're just there for the heck of it. If that topic is too controversial, do you think it'd be possible to make it a scroll settings feature - enable pop-ups for actions yes/no? There's not real advantage for either having or not having them when it comes to playing DC, so it should be harmless enough.

Turn off javascript while you are doing stuff. That turns them off.  And that has the same effect as a toggle in your setting really - and occasionally one does actually need those popups.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Turn off javascript while you are doing stuff. That turns them off.  And that has the same effect as a toggle in your setting really - and occasionally one does actually need those popups.

The only thing about turning off javascript is that it breaks the grid sort page (possibly other custom sorts? not sure.) But otherwise yeah, turning off javascript is a pretty good solution. And if you have a quick toggle Javascript disabling add-on, it's pretty easy to switch on and off.

It does indeed, and you can't use fertility etc either. But still, if it bothers you THAT much, olympe... And I do indeed have a toggle !

I definitely need that pop-up when it comes to abandoning! I grab-toss sooo many AP eggs and yeah that pop-up gets annoying but it also helps me pause and recognize what I'm actually abandoning. I'd support getting rid of the pop-up for non-game-changing BSAs, like Incubate and Precog and such, but not for serious actions like abandoning and killing. (And yeah, toggling javascript is a fairly easy way to accomplish this) 

On devices with keyboards you can just hit enter to make them go away. That works for me, anyway.

Enter is the same as "yes" - which as Heather says may not be what you meant...

I actually know about the JavaScript hack against pop-ups - but there's the issue of fertility, not to mention events. (I don't use a custom sort, so I'm in the clear there.)

But you only need it off when you are going to go BSAing (other than fertility) a lot....

Which I happen to do a lot of.

If you ask me, I would want to get rid of ANY sort of confirming action thing. Over Halloween I abandoned a new Halloween hatchie despite entering my password and confirming the pop-up instead of removing the name.

So clearly it does nothing for me but cost me time and nerves and I wish I could switch it off. Especially during AP hunting when I toss a lot of eggs back.