lamel

ANSWERED:lost egg

do we have here a forum/thread, where we can search for "lost" eggs? if not, would it be possible to make such a thread or better section?

for example, i did not realize this morning, that i'm on my egg limit and bred an egg in the right colour for a family-group from me: https://dragcave.net/lineage/l4QjE

the possibility, that i will find it again is low. So, if i could make a search query, and someone would catch it then when it pops up at the abandon page (and don't have much use for it), he/she could teleport it back to me. There should certainly no must to do.

Ok, it is maybe difficult, because someone would feel an obligation to do, even he/she wants to keep it 🤔

~/view/ link changed to /lineage/ link~

Edited by purpledragonclaw

I've seen others post that you can temporarily rename the parents something like--"would like this egg back" and "please contact on forums" or something like that.  You can always put their original names back after.

You aren't allowed to post asking for an egg back, no; renaming the parents is one way, and you can post a request in your sig. As you say, if they catch it they have no obligation to return it. But you might be lucky; That isn't a combo that most people are building.

I did once rename the parents and post a  beg in my sig and someone did indeed catch and return. Good luck. I will watch for it. But you need to change the link to a lineage link - links to growing things are not allowed under the rules. 

Unfortunately, once you abandon an egg, it is gone. We did have a suggestion thread (though I couldn't find it, I remember it) to give users a warning when breeding would put them over the limit. random_dragon_collector and Fuzzbucket gave the best advice for how to get your egg back. I've lost an egg due to Biting that wasn't returned, it was sad, but it's a risk I took. Before breeding, make sure you have the space available on your scroll for the egg. I will close this since it's not actionable. 

If I find the link to that thread, I'll link it here.

ETA: Of course after I lock the thread I find the thread I mentioned: 

This thread is locked down too, so I'm not sure what the outcome was to this suggestion.

Edited by purpledragonclaw