Keileon

Egg Freezing - The Simple Solution

Full support

Leetle Trees are namable...runs to name hers.

Even if limit on GONs is not risen, there's always option of releasing one I guess?

Yeah, definitely in favour of that. There are so many pretty egg sprites I'd love to freeze.

My favourite solution to egg freezing is still the one about putting the eggshells back together after the dragon's hatched (with magic if you need a reason why you can't see any seams, for all I care; it takes care of any moral issues and makes frozen Guardian of Nature eggs available without any slot juggling), but I don't really care much what method we get, as long as we get egg freezing in some form. :) So I support this.

Support. I'm ok with it being included in our freezing limits. I love nebulas and their eggs are, to me, the prettiest things in the game. I would really love to have one or two permanently on my scroll. If we can freez hatchies why not eggs?

3 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

My favourite solution to egg freezing is still the one about putting the eggshells back together after the dragon's hatched (with magic if you need a reason why you can't see any seams, for all I care; it takes care of any moral issues and makes frozen Guardian of Nature eggs available without any slot juggling), but I don't really care much what method we get, as long as we get egg freezing in some form. :) So I support this.

A BSA that lets you save the eggshells when the egg hatches would be cool.

While that is certainly nifty, it gets started on the road to make things complicated. Because it has consequences. Like...

• Should you be able to do this for every single egg or do you need to collect several of the same type?
    • If it's possible to do for every egg, what is the limit?
    • If it takes several eggs to get one frozen, how are you supposed to manage to get rare eggs, especially GoN?
  • Is there a chance for failure? 
    • If so, what about rare eggs?
  • Is this kind of egg freeze supposed to be a regular action or a BSA?
  • Should frozen eggs count towards your trophies?

Overall, I'd prefer to keep it simple. Add egg freezing without any lore as a standard action, use the same limits as for freezing hatchlings (either separate or combined or whatever)

It's also not what this thread is about. Putting the shells back together is an alright solution, but what I'm suggesting is something else. :)

5 minutes ago, olympe said:

While that is certainly nifty, it gets started on the road to make things complicated. Because it has consequences. Like...

• Should you be able to do this for every single egg or do you need to collect several of the same type?
    • If it's possible to do for every egg, what is the limit?
    • If it takes several eggs to get one frozen, how are you supposed to manage to get rare eggs, especially GoN?
  • Is there a chance for failure? 
    • If so, what about rare eggs?
  • Is this kind of egg freeze supposed to be a regular action or a BSA?
  • Should frozen eggs count towards your trophies?

Overall, I'd prefer to keep it simple. Add egg freezing without any lore as a standard action, use the same limits as for freezing hatchlings (either separate or combined or whatever)

I don't see why it has to be complicated. To answer your questions: Every single egg. / No. / Regular action. / No (they're not separate dragons, they're duplicates of other dragons you already have).

I feel like this is better discussed in its own thread, though, as it has nearly nothing in common with this suggestion (other than being a competing method to achieve the same thing). I know there was one - couldn't find it earlier, though, am clearly too stupid for that. >_> Anyone got the link?

7 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

I don't see why it has to be complicated. To answer your questions: Every single egg. / No. / Regular action. / No (they're not separate dragons, they're duplicates of other dragons you already have).

I feel like this is better discussed in its own thread, though, as it has nearly nothing in common with this suggestion (other than being a competing method to achieve the same thing). I know there was one - couldn't find it earlier, though, am clearly too stupid for that. >_> Anyone got the link?

Then where's the limit?

2 hours ago, olympe said:

Then where's the limit?

Why is there a limit?

There is no limit to regular freezing (apart from the time limits, which would also apply to the eggs, as it would be /the same action/ in this suggestion), and there is absolutely no reason why eggs should be treated any differently. That is the whole point of this suggestion: make freezing eggs super simple by being an extension of the existing system.

10 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

Why is there a limit?

There is no limit to regular freezing (apart from the time limits, which would also apply to the eggs, as it would be /the same action/ in this suggestion), and there is absolutely no reason why eggs should be treated any differently. That is the whole point of this suggestion: make freezing eggs super simple by being an extension of the existing system.

Exactly. Just add eggs to the things available to freeze, under the same T&C and limits as hatchlings.

9 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

Why is there a limit?

Actually, there is. It's 2 plus your (trophy-based) number of egg slots x2 for freezing hatchlings.

2 hours ago, olympe said:

Actually, there is. It's 2 plus your (trophy-based) number of egg slots x2 for freezing hatchlings.

That's exactly what she just said.  The only limit is time.

Would the frozen eggs/repaired eggshells be displayed on the main part of the scroll? It sounds more like they would be something separate from the dragons and growing eggs. We have badges to display non-dragon collectibles (Easter eggs, Halloween treats, Valentines, etc). If saving the eggshells were to become a thing I think I would like to have a badge to display the eggshells separately from the dragons on my scroll.

1 hour ago, UnicornMaiden said:

Would the frozen eggs/repaired eggshells be displayed on the main part of the scroll? It sounds more like they would be something separate from the dragons and growing eggs. We have badges to display non-dragon collectibles (Easter eggs, Halloween treats, Valentines, etc). If saving the eggshells were to become a thing I think I would like to have a badge to display the eggshells separately from the dragons on my scroll.

I personally would not like that. One of the big reasons a lot of people want egg freezing is to be able to have *all* the sprites on their scroll (egg, stage-1 frozen hatchling, stage-2 frozen hatchling, and adult). Isolating the eggs from our actual scroll completely defeats the reason for the freezing in the first place. Also it doesn't really make sense if the egg-freezing action is to act the same as hatchling freezing... Frozen hatchlings are a part of our scroll, why would eggs frozen in the same manner be different? The badges we have are fairly separate from our actual scroll, ie most of them are for holiday side-games that actually have very little to do with the main DC game. Egg-freezing is not a side-game, it would be part of the normal freezing behavior in the regular game.

If people want them "separate" they can put them all at the bottom. It's not hard.

Also, let's... please not get this confused for the "saving eggshells" suggestion that's been tossed around in the thread; this thread is JUST for the concept of simply freezing growing eggs as we would a hatchling, thus preventing the egg from hatching. In that case, the eggs would definitely stay on the scroll like frozen hatchlings do, and not be relegated to a badge for no particular reason.

Yes. I cannot see why this is a problem as long as the overall freeze limit is retained - AND  the 5 hour CD on new biome eggs too.

Full support for just a simple freezing egg bsa, no reassembling of shells and other complicated alternatives for me

Absolutely support just using Freeze the same old way, limits intact, for eggs. I've been wanting to collect the beautiful eggs in a more permanent way for years.