Keileon

Egg Freezing - The Simple Solution

I think it's time to stop chasing our tails over the concept of egg freezing. My suggestion is the idea in its simplest form.

Ability to use the existing "Freeze" action on growing eggs. Tie it to existing freeze limits, maybe increasing them. 5hr cooldown on CB eggs, as normal. In the case of the Guardian of Nature, either add a fourth slot or allow the Trios to summon a frozen egg.

No morality discussion. We have the ability to stab, starve, smash, neglect, bite eggs, hatchlings, and dragons all to either force their hatching or get a different breed. This is the cleanest, simplest, least convoluted solution out there. Either voice support or say no.

I'd love to have one of each Xeno egg to stay on my scroll, I think they're beautiful.

Support!

Full support. I just love those eggs (sometimes even more than the hatchling or adult sprites)

Any egg freezing mechanic works for me. I also agree on the no-morality clause! 

OP has expressed all those years of my thinking about including the eggi in the Freeze and why I never understood why is there even a problem... Those who ever expressed moral issues are free to choose not to Freeze eggs and probably don't even collect frozen hatchies anyway.

Thank you for including the GoN issue! They should actually have a much higher limit than they do anyway, to allow a basic set of adult pair+frozens or at least a pair per avatar, which is basically not less than 6 to enable more goals to be possible,

Edited by VixenDra

I know people who don't do any of those actions that you mentioned because they are distasteful to them. People could choose to NOT use the freeze action on eggs.

So many ideas have been presented over the years to try to get around those "moral" issues (Really? Moral? With pixel images?) None of them has been satisfactory to everyone. This is the simplest, most straightforward way of doing it, so I say go for it!

I guess I can support that mechanic in general, even with raised limits - although I think I'd prefer if eggs and hatchling had separate limits. I guess eggs should stay at the stage they're frozen at - so if the egg you freeze has a big black hole in it, you'll get a frozen egg with a big, black hole in it. Correct?

However, I'm actually against allowing an extra GoN only if you keep it as a frozen egg. Just either keep the limit as is for everyone, or raise it for everyone.

Edited by olympe

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

I guess I can support that mechanic in general, even with raised limits. I guess eggs should stay at the stage they're frozen at - so if the egg you freeze has a big black hole in it, you'll get a frozen egg with a big, black hole in it. Correct?

However, I'm actually against allowing an extra GoN only if you keep it as a frozen egg. Just either keep the limit as is for everyone, or raise it for everyone.

Hatching stage: I could honestly go either way, so whatever TJ wants for that.

GoN: I only brought that up to appease the "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GON" people. My suggestion was to either bump up the limit alongside this mechanic coming out or allowing Trios to summon a frozen egg after the three GoNs have been summoned. Any further GoN limit discussion should go in another thread.

Edited by Keileon

As I said, I'm totally neutral on GoN limits - as long as they're the same for everyone without stipulations as to what we can do with our GoNs. So, really, not much of a discussion.

51 minutes ago, olympe said:

I guess I can support that mechanic in general, even with raised limits - although I think I'd prefer if eggs and hatchling had separate limits. I guess eggs should stay at the stage they're frozen at - so if the egg you freeze has a big black hole in it, you'll get a frozen egg with a big, black hole in it. Correct?

This. GoNs have a limit of 3, and that's the way it is. If you want to freeze a hatchie, you can only have 2 adults. If you want to freeze a hatchie and an egg - then you only get one adult. Life is al about choices, and some are tough. As Judge Judy says, she'd have chosen to be 5 foot 10. but we don't all get what we want....

Full support I see no reason beyond the GoN funky business. I don't see a reason to summon only an egg though. Not everyone wants the egg. So all of this, up the limit by one I suppose if you must and make it a choice to freeze or not. 

I support pretty much any method of egg freezing. Some of the egg designs are genuinely neat and it'd be nice to be able to collect them like you can everything else. I feel the summoning an empty GoN egg is a bit odd though, especially if you could still freeze any normal GoN egg. Instead of putting a weird stipulation on one particular breed the limit should just either be raised by one or people have to make the decision as to whether the egg is worth it for them in my opinion.

I've vocally supported egg-freezing pretty much since I first started playing. I really don't understand why the concept is so controversial or complicated. If you object to freezing an egg, for any reason, then don't do it. But why not allow others to, if they want to? There are some *beautiful* eggs in this game, especially holiday eggs, but they are always so fleeting. You can never keep an egg for long. It would be wonderful to have some of those beauties stay permanently on our scroll. I personally would prefer a separate freezing limit for eggs, purely selfishly because I tend to freeze hatchies a lot so I'd never have many 'extra' freezes for eggs... But if using the same freeze limit has a chance of actually getting this implemented, then sure!

Full support from me as well. I'm fine with either reverting cracked egg to uncracked upon freezing or not. Some eggs have interesting hatching sequences.

Edited by Naraku

57 minutes ago, Naraku said:

Some eggs have interesting hatching sequences.

Exactly. If you want an uncracked egg, just fog it for 5 hours and freeze it afterwards.

I want egg freezing.  Ive added my voice and support to every suggestion that has come up.  So, YES PLEASE.  Hatching sequence: don't care either way (other than how many MORE freezes it will take to get a complete set)

GONs are a separate issue.  Instead of adapting a suggestion around one breed, if a certain breed needs exceptions it should adapt to the suggestion.  Lets concentrate on getting Egg freezing THEN we can all bug tj with it as a reason why the GONs need their limits upped.

Support, I've been waiting for the egg-freeze option. Wonder about the sequences tho- maybe whatever you freeze it on, there it is.

3 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

GONs are a separate issue.  Instead of adapting a suggestion around one breed, if a certain breed needs exceptions it should adapt to the suggestion.  Lets concentrate on getting Egg freezing THEN we can all bug tj with it as a reason why the GONs need their limits upped.

Yes, this please. I only brought it up to nip the inevitable argument in the bud.

The two additions to this suggestion I mentioned are purely secondary. Let's focus on the actual freezing first. :)

I used to care about morality issues when it came to freezing hatchlings; heck, I even took an anti-freeze oath as I thought I'll never freeze a single hatchling because pixel "lives" matter. But I was pretty stupid back then and now I'm the proud owner of around 450+ frozen hatchies and I'd love to add some frozen eggs to the list, so yes -- full support!

Yes, and we should be able to name them now that Leetle Trees are nameable.