Nightmon

Impossible lineage that you want to do?

Since no one tackle this idea I did it for y'all
image.png.e8c6dcbe2056595a789caa9c5b7ab6b6.png

Both are female but look very good together.
Sure you can find pretty much easy others idea that can't be do because of gender basis,

I’d love to breed a Gold and Honey together, I dunno why but I think it’s cute.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:59 AM, Guillotine said:

Actually, Bautas and a lot of dragons that they can't breed with, lmao, they.... don't have many options in their own group yet....

We need more 2-head breeds. We are starting to get more pygmies, but 2-heads and drakes need some love, too.

I'm glad someone asked this! There's one hybrid lineage that is canon only in my head lol. Ever since Olive dragons were released, I thought they looked kind of similar in color to Neglected dragons. And when Caligenes were released, their lore caused my head to create this lineage below. So even though it will never be seen in the cave, its permanently in my head lol. Maybe its just me, but it seems like the malignant force emanating from Caligenes could totally warp an Olive dragon into the skeletal, weak Neglected. Their description even says Caligenes are physically weak. Also it seemed like a good combination with the Olive dragons' ability to cause necrosis with their venom. So that's my impossible lineage ^_^

798417954_NeglectedLineage.jpg.5ff8461b6079231f18591b83235a592b.jpg

A water dragon lineage using the temporary Christmas 2011 and Halloween 2012 joke sprites.

I hate that we cannot crossbreed. Pipio x White would be my first to go, some other pygmies too.

Drakes give me the big sad

Gold Floret x Howler

Spoiler

XoCvRvH.png

Celestial x Day Glory

Spoiler

5QikLT0.png

Tatter x Kohraki

Spoiler

OWGN2gR.png

I want to do this kind of EG lineage where no sprite turns up twice. I know it should be possible to do so up to 7th gen without having to rely on SAs/SAkins, but it's pretty darn hard. And Xenos - I'm starting to really, really hate them. 

image.png.d01c42d73d0d3a9382733c1d1059051e.png
When I first saw the new released I was like "I WANT TO PAIR IT WITH THIS ONE" but then... *sad violon*
I mean, as show in the mock up, their egg are so similar image.png.33362df40ba72c8013d44346ba2385d3.png and I like to pair similair-looking egg XD

Wow, their eggs are really similar! That's so cool! Except not since you can't breed them together >.<

Maybe the 7th gen is a Vampire, Zombie or Neglected?

38 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Maybe the 7th gen is a Vampire, Zombie or Neglected?

In that case could you get to 8? Zombie in the first gen, then 6 Xenowyrms, then a Vampire or Neglected. The problem would be finding another with 7 for the other side of the chart, so I guess it's still impossible though.

Edit: wait, I figure it out. Zombie, then 5 stripe colors, then Neglected or Vampire on one side. The 6 Xenowyrms on the  other side. That's how to get the 7 and the 6 for a 7g.

Edited by wobster109

7 minutes ago, wobster109 said:

In that case could you get to 8? Zombie in the first gen, then 6 Xenowyrms, then a Vampire or Neglected. The problem would be finding another with 7 for the other side of the chart, so I guess it's still impossible though.

Edit: wait, I figure it out. Zombie, then 5 stripe colors, then Neglected or Vampire on one side. The 6 Xenowyrms on the  other side. That's how to get the 7 and the 6 for a 7g.

If you accept Lunars (aka no sprite reused), you could also accept both genders of all Seasonals, which alone gets you 8 gens.

There'd also be various Undead Sprites ... (7 if you want it to still look unique with tombstones)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

4 hours ago, wobster109 said:

@olympe @Ruby Eyes

I second that question. What breed has 7 variants?

I want to do Halloween x other breed with all the Halloween species represented. Like this with holidays and valentines: https://dragcave.net/lineage/zOrk9

Can’t do it for Halloweens though, since pumpkins are pygmies.

Well, if you count dimorphism and all that, Stripes have 10 (although I'd hate to have to use them all), Seasonals have 8 and there are several breeds/hybrids that get up to 6: Gemshards, Firegems, Carina (if you count the 4 variations of their parent breeds - purple and tan male and female ridgewing as well as the 4 nebula colors), not to mention the darned Xenos. Lots of breeds with 4 sprites, too. Lumina (light and dark), GoN followed by the three avatars, Lunar Heralds, Blacks (with alts), Undines (with alts), Snow Angels (if you can start with a spriter's alt - otherwise, it's just 3), Spinels, not to mention aria (m+f) => pink, Hellhorse (both parent breeds have dimorphism, just like the Hellhorse itself), Florets. I'd also accept weird things like throwbacks from UV to Spitfire just for the confusion factor. :D 

And, of course, there are lots and lots of possibilites for 3 generations - Siyats, breeding a 2nd gen Risensong to a 2nd gen Sunset (from Sunrise) to get a Setsong, Bluna, Shallow Water, Soulpeace, even Geodes, Coppers (although this means only two colors represented)... 

For two variants, I'd prefer to use stuff with really obvious dimorphism - like Monarch or Anagallis, Aegis (white and black), Vine (regular and alt), Solstice (rosy and blue wings), Stormrider, Moonstone Swallowtail and Terrae as well as some of our oldest dimorphic breeds - like Silvers and Water Horses. Maybe even Dorsals and a Zyumorph bred from a Sinomorph. 

I'm most definitely not going the way of Zombies - can you imagine the hassle? *shudders* Although the idea of biting the last generation to add the vampire to the mix isn't too bad...

11 hours ago, olympe said:

I'd also accept weird things like throwbacks from UV to Spitfire just for the confusion factor. :D 

That would be more fun if Spitfires were dimorphic and could actually contibute another sprite that way.

11 hours ago, olympe said:

really obvious dimorphism

Now also Sandwastes! (in my mind, I still call them Sandrunners)