Qualeo

Achievement System - Rewards based on earning achievements

sounds cool! I think it'd be cool to be given "a good home" badge on raising x eggs from the ap. "Master Merchant" for x successful 2 way trades (raising an egg that came from a trade, maybe? or having the receiver raise an egg you caught) "Spirit of Giving" for gifting x eggs (eggs have to be raised for them to count)

I love this, so I'll probably add more ideas later. Badge titles are subject to change, open to suggestions :)

12 hours ago, Qualeo said:

It does, add to the playing experience technically. There are additional rewards and ways to gain what right now is gained through luck. That is a pretty massive gameplay change. And yes I do think prizes belong with the rewards that would be gained from a gameplay change like this - they are called prize breeds. It makes sense to have them as rewards. That being said, I think applying it to more than just biomes would be ok - but the CB prize achievements would have to be a small portion of them all. They are meant to be special, so it'd be redundant to make them available for every single badge reward. So yes, there might be a few "playstyles" that might feel left out depending on which would end up being the CB prize rewards, but there will always be something like that tbh. 

• I think introducing a new breed to serve as a reward would be ok, now that I think about it more. I was concerned about the limits for a bit for the breed, but then I remembered we have GoNs and people seem to be doing fine with their small limits. Rewards could range from, shards to cb rares to potentially cb hybrids and then with the top tier being the CB prize. The new "prize" breed could potentially be a lower tier, a prize but not as rare. 
  • As this is a thread to suggest a reward system based on playing, an achievement system of sorts, I'm only going to make a single comment on distributing prizes to biomes. I don't think it's a good idea, they are prize dragons, and as rewarding as catching them in the caves can be, I think locking them to longterm goals like this will at least satisfy the need to keep them special from other breeds, but still make them reasonably obtainable. 
  • I do like the idea of achievements that are rewarded throughout the various activities and mechanics of DC though. I initially focused on biomes to start it off small, but thats actually a better idea I think. An entire achievement system, with different tiers of rewards based on the achievement. 

And on a final note, bred dragons are just difficult to make more "valuable" in a sense unless they have special dragons in them. And value is subjective on DC anyways. 

Prize dragons will always be a source of conflict. There should be no reason to hide away ideas just because its "volatile" People can be civil and open to suggestions, it's not that difficult. That being said, making the achievements more spread out with more than just the biomes would include more than just CB prizes as a reward I think. So there would be other things to gain than just prizes, so with this shift to a more. Wider range, prizes aren't the sole focus anymore. 

(Just quoting so you don't have to go back a page to see what I'm referring to.)

While I'm all for making the current Prize Dragons available in a way that is not the raffle, I think for rewards, we need specific new prize breeds. Maybe even some with special abilities that tie in with your achievement. Personally, I think there should be 4 levels for each achievement so you can get the same reward up to 4 times. Rewards would be special CB dragons that can be bred - but the only way to get CBs is through achievements. Which means that everyone has the option to work for 2 CB breeding pairs (and an unlimited amount of lineaged dragons).

• If you have completed X trades (with different people to avoid people teaming up and passing the same egg back and forth to reach their goals in mere hours), you could get a dragon as a reward that gives you better teleport options through a BSA. Maybe a dragon that allows you to put more items in a teleport. Or a dragon that has protected teleports or one that can protect items in a teleport from getting views. Something like this.
  • If you have  created X zombies, you get a dragon that has a BSA that improves your chances of creating more zombies. (Zombie Queen? Apocalypse Dragon?)
  • If you have raised X dragons from a biome, you get a biome-specific super-awesome-looking dragon. (And, maybe, that dragon could help with breeding, upping the chance for the offspring to be associated with the biome it represents? Apparently, this wouldn't quite work with rares that drop in all biomes...)
  • If you have raised X dragons of a certain elemental affinity (or elemental affinity group - creation, change, destruction), you get a super-aweseome-looking dragon that represents said elemental affinity. (And, maybe, it could affect breeding results just like the biome-specific super-awesome-dragons, but in regards to elemental affinity...)

And so on. I think you get the idea.

48 minutes ago, olympe said:

(Just quoting so you don't have to go back a page to see what I'm referring to.)

While I'm all for making the current Prize Dragons available in a way that is not the raffle, I think for rewards, we need specific new prize breeds. Maybe even some with special abilities that tie in with your achievement.

Oh god no; please no more special breeds.

34 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh god no; please no more special breeds.

As long as they're not raffled off, I'm pretty much in favor of more special breeds. Breeds that you can gain through achievements are actually my favorite.

While those suggestions for new ones do look interesting, the zombie one is essentially worthless unless you've managed to beat the insane revival gauntlet that IS zombie making. I'd rather that got a buff first before basing anything new on those abyssmal af odds. At least the other three are doable without taking months and months, if not years and years, to achieve.

23 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

While those suggestions for new ones do look interesting, the zombie one is essentially worthless unless you've managed to beat the insane revival gauntlet that IS zombie making. I'd rather that got a buff first before basing anything new on those abyssmal af odds. At least the other three are doable without taking months and months, if not years and years, to achieve.

Well, the numbers for zombies would have to be lowered considerably - which is pretty much obvious. :) Also, once the first person achieves the zombie special, they can breed that dragon to create more... Trading will be wonky for a while, but with high-gens, people will probably be able to get them quickly. Of course, it'll take a while for things to get started, and even more time for things to even out - but slow improvement is still better than no improvement at all, isn't it?

I like the idea of having an overall achievement system that links to hunting, raising, etc. I will point that, however, that something like unlocking the encyclopedia would have to count retroactively, since a lot of older players have either complete or almost complete encyclopedias.

Perhaps with every certain number of badges earned (3 Bronze badges, for example) across the system, a dragon reward could be received. That would 1) solve the issue of having to have a reward for every badge, and 2) solve the issue of different play styles. You wouldn't have to complete badges you weren't interested in, but you'd still be able to earn toward the reward by completing ones that are related to your goals in the game.

I agree that Prize dragons would work for this. Rather than being seen as a Raffle Prize only, they would then also be a Participation Prize that reward players who play regularly (that is, the stable player base that keeps DC running during non-holiday times).

Edited by MoonShark

20 hours ago, Qualeo said:

I was concerned about the limits for a bit for the breed, but then I remembered we have GoNs and people seem to be doing fine with their small limits.

People SEEM to be doing fine because GoNs only produce hybrids, and hybrids are not popular at all, so here's why. And many people don't collect in consistentpatterns. Well, I'm certainly NOT doing fine with the GoN overall limit, it screwes my scroll's pattern https://dragcave.net/view/s51hS. No thank you, no need to add another hatred-generating things to this place.. and definitely no more gameplay discriminating!

2 hours ago, VixenDra said:

People SEEM to be doing fine because GoNs only produce hybrids, and hybrids are not popular at all, so here's why. And many people don't collect in consistentpatterns. Well, I'm certainly NOT doing fine with the GoN overall limit, it screwes my scroll's pattern https://dragcave.net/view/s51hS. No thank you, no need to add another hatred-generating things to this place.. and definitely no more gameplay discriminating!

Well, there's no reason that Reward Dragons shouldn't be able to reproduce their own kind...

I definitely understand what you're getting at. I don't think "reward" breeds as we should maybe call them, would be a bad thing. The problem with CB Prizes and GoNs are exactly the same thing (with GoNs having that extra hybrid disadvantage of course): luck based. Unlike these two, these "reward" dragons would be a lot more obtainable for people and would be capable of breeding true. I can acknowledge the problems with the current specials, but we don't necessarily have to apply the same rules our current "special" dragons follow. Nobody said that would be the case, so I don't think the idea of "Reward" breeds is as bad as you're thinking. 

And again, I'm going to address "gameplay discriminating", and I think we should really stop bringing this up because gameplay is subjective, how people play can vary tremendously (there's someone who only collects green dragons for crying out loud and we don't stop and only make green dragons do we? No.). It is extremely unrealistic and hindering to expect everything to accommodate for every single playstyle out there. It's simply not feasible, doesn't take in to account the multiple of other playstyles that could exist that COULD work with the suggestion, and quite frankly it's growth hindering. This is not a reason to say flat out say no to an idea, especially one that is very clearly trying to accommodate with the many other options. If you feel that your playstyle isn't being accommodated, try to offer suggestions and badge options that might actually work with how you play. This is an idea that can have many, many different available options. This might sound super harsh, but I don't want to spend half this thread with complaints on "my playstyle doesn't work with this" when we've set out a foundation to expand upon that CAN potentially work with what you'd like if you actually offer suggestions and tell us what you might be looking for. I'm sorry if this sounds mean, I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm trying to shut you out of here (I'm not, rather I'm asking you to offer potential ideas that might help with the issue of not really working with how you play the game), but it's an unproductive line of reasoning with an idea that has already changed to try to work with more of the site and it's many, many current gameplay mechanics (and potentially new ones). Tell us what your playstyle is, tell us what you enjoy what you do, and maybe we can work in suggestions for achievements that would fall in line with that. I just find it unfair to assume your playstyle is the determining factor as to why this can't work when it's not the only one. You can't speak for everyone and their playstyles, so this argument does not really hold that much weight. 

I think with this idea implemented, I don't think we should tie it to the encyclopedia simply because of what Moonshark mentioned. It should be a system that everyone starts at 0 together as. Kind of like how the encyclopedia didn't count any dragons acquired pre-encyclopedia? Everyone starts at the same point and has the potential to progress at the same rate or at whatever pace works for them. 

As for badge suggestions, I don't think it's unreasonable to have super difficult ones really like the zombie one. Maybe keep the number low (1 zombie, 2, 3). The rewards would match up to the difficulty of the achievement. The harder it is, the more luxurious the reward would be. But obviously Zombies wouldn't have an insane number like 50, I think 1, 2 or 3 range is a perfectly acceptable number. Maybe 1 - 5 - 10 ? Or maybe 1 - 3 - 6? I don't know what a reasonable number would be, I have two zombies myself (and at one point three). The more common dragons would have higher requirements, while the rarer have a lot lower. The number would be based on the intended rarity of the breed I suppose, which is a little difficult to pinpoint. 

And again, I'm going to address "gameplay discriminating", and I think we should really stop bringing this up because gameplay is subjective, how people play can vary tremendously (there's someone who only collects green dragons for crying out loud and we don't stop and only make green dragons do we? No.). It is extremely unrealistic and hindering to expect everything to accommodate for every single playstyle out there. It's simply not feasible, doesn't take in to account the multiple of other playstyles that could exist that COULD work with the suggestion, and quite frankly it's growth hindering. This is not a reason to say flat out say no to an idea, especially one that is very clearly trying to accommodate with the many other options. If you feel that your playstyle isn't being accommodated, try to offer suggestions and badge options that might actually work with how you play. This is an idea that can have many, many different available options. This might sound super harsh, but I don't want to spend half this thread with complaints on "my playstyle doesn't work with this" when we've set out a foundation to expand upon that CAN potentially work with what you'd like if you actually offer suggestions and tell us what you might be looking for. I'm sorry if this sounds mean, I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm trying to shut you out of here (I'm not, rather I'm asking you to offer potential ideas that might help with the issue of not really working with how you play the game), but it's an unproductive line of reasoning with an idea that has already changed to try to work with more of the site and it's many, many current gameplay mechanics (and potentially new ones). Tell us what your playstyle is, tell us what you enjoy what you do, and maybe we can work in suggestions for achievements that would fall in line with that. I just find it unfair to assume your playstyle is the determining factor as to why this can't work when it's not the only one. You can't speak for everyone and their playstyles, so this argument does not really hold that much weight. 

This actually IS a valid argument.  Even TJ has commented on suggestions that limit playstyles.  The idea is that dragcave is simple, you CAN play however you want and you don't miss out on features based on those choices.  Your ONE example that you keep using over and over: a player who collects only green dragons can still do everything on the site, it may take them longer to do some things but they aren't excluded from anything by that personal goal.

If you have enough alternative ideas that people can choose which ones to do and get the same rewards then maybe.  but honestly I don't know that I want an achievement system.  because as a complentionist I would feel compelled to do all of them and frankly, I LIKE that this game is simple and that I don't have to be on everyday to get things.  I do not want DC to turn into a massive grind-fest because that will quickly suck the fun out of the game.  I suspect other players would feel the same, and that we would actually lose many players over it.  It would be like the GON or zombie burnout only much worse.

34 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

This actually IS a valid argument.  Even TJ has commented on suggestions that limit playstyles.  The idea is that dragcave is simple, you CAN play however you want and you don't miss out on features based on those choices.  Your ONE example that you keep using over and over: a player who collects only green dragons can still do everything on the site, it may take them longer to do some things but they aren't excluded from anything by that personal goal.

If you have enough alternative ideas that people can choose which ones to do and get the same rewards then maybe.  but honestly I don't know that I want an achievement system.  because as a complentionist I would feel compelled to do all of them and frankly, I LIKE that this game is simple and that I don't have to be on everyday to get things.  I do not want DC to turn into a massive grind-fest because that will quickly suck the fun out of the game.  I suspect other players would feel the same, and that we would actually lose many players over it.  It would be like the GON or zombie burnout only much worse.

This so much. I am mad as all get out about the zombies. There is no way to CHOOSE to get them; the fail and dodge rate is totally disproportionate and the rest. We don't NEED this, and a lot of people will really hate it. Me for one.

Well, we didn't actually NEED teleport, and some people really hated it because it hindered their particular play style (sniping stuff from the AP that other people were trying to trade) - and yet, here we are. So, there's that.

Also, if the reward helps you with getting to the next stage, shouldn't it be a win-win? What if creating 5 zombies would give you a breedable CB dragon that helps you get more zombies, and could breed you more of its kind? *gasp* That would actually make it easier to create your zombie army in the long run. Who'd ever want that? 

@DragonLady86

The reason why I don't consider it a solid reason why an idea can't work is simple and has many reasons. 

• You seem to be under the idea that this is something you HAVE to join in. You don't have to. Nobody is forcing you to change your ways. It is an optional system. If it's not your cup of tea, just don't try to work towards achievements. It's not limiting anything, not even removing anything for christ's sake - it adds on to the game. This line of logic makes no sense. You don't have to buy from the market, and it's still there. I don't usually. I'm not forced to go buy in the market, but I have the option. And I don't choose to. 
  • Completionist is a subjective term. Does this apply to badges? To dragons? To sprites? To certain lineages? What does this mean to YOU? Because it might mean something else to someone else. And again, your way of playing isn't the only way to play this game, so you can't say your idea trumps other's playstyles. How is that fair? This game isn't made for you specifically. 
  • Stop automatically assuming you know what people think. You don't. And again, it's not a requirement you can keep playing how you want all day long. And a lot of the suggestions it's nearly impossible to not achieve. A lot of the badges wouldn't require more than minimal efforts, A.K.A playing the game. 
  • Effort. Isn't. A. Bad. Concept. Rewarding people for putting a little extra effort into a game isn't unhealthy. Technically we already have an effort based mechanic in this game, and people find it very rewarding and thrilling to participate in. This game isn't a zero effort game, in reality, this would just make the effort side a little more pronounced and reward people a little more. 

I don't want to see this argument again in this thread, because it will ultimately keep going back and forth with no resolution between people who aren't willing to even try to compromise and people who are actively trying to find possible solutions to your problem. Say you don't like it and give maybe a few ideas we can work with that might make the suggestion work with how you play, or leave it at that. I'm not going to continue arguing with people over the same point, because it's the same exact thing every time. It's redundant and a waste of time. If you find this unfair, oh well. I haven't seen very much add anything in favor of this current argument that isn't just a repeat over and over and over again. So. I'm leaving it at that and ignoring any more comments without anything new to add. 

@Fuzzbucket

You keep tunnel-visioning on two of the hardest, RNG based mechanics in the game. The topic of this thread does not say "Add rewards for Zombie and GoN's". In fact, I just updated the thread again to help clarify a few things. Please read the updated front post. Just because one specific part of an idea doesn't work in your opinion, doesn't mean the entire idea is bad. Please think of the bigger picture. 

@olympe

I forgot to address the BSA portion of the Reward breeds I apologize. While I think it is a neat concept, I think that actually might be a little unhealthy for the gameplay as a whole. New breeds, a few extra shards in the pocket, and easier access to Prize dragons are one thing - but adding BSA boost types of things would make it unfair in the grand scheme of things in a way I don't think is really necessary. Because certain rewards would be tied to certain things, that would mean people have to do specific things to earn those BSAs and that might be a little too unreasonable. 

I really, really like this.

DC can be played very casually which certainly adds a lot of appeal to the site compared to more high-maintenance games like Flight Rising, but having a system that rewards those who do play more actively and who want more engagement on the site is a total win in my books!

From shards to eventual prizes for the most dedicated users, I think all of this is very rewarding. If balanced correctly it could breathe a lot of life back into the site, and encourage users to start new projects or perhaps explore other areas of gameplay that they had previously ignored.

I'm all for more motivators!

32 minutes ago, Qualeo said:

@Fuzzbucket

You keep tunnel-visioning on two of the hardest, RNG based mechanics in the game. The topic of this thread does not say "Add rewards for Zombie and GoN's". In fact, I just updated the thread again to help clarify a few things. Please read the updated front post. Just because one specific part of an idea doesn't work in your opinion, doesn't mean the entire idea is bad. Please think of the bigger picture. 

I have thought of the bigger picture and I have read the first post. But the whole basis of this idea boils down to grinding, as well as a major advantage for those who simply have more time to play (and full disclosure, that would include me.)

The zombie thing was a separate issue; just pointing out that they are very very hard to get even now, and that's in theory a "choice" thing too. I don't like any idea that ties people to playing extra hard to get things that others with less time and lower scroll goals can't get. (I don't think I had anything to say about GoNs; I couldn't care less about them !) I'd far rather simply be able to amass shards to buy prizes, and I dread the idea of any more "special" breeds that cannot simply be caught or bought CB by anyone. Trophies - there I don't care. If people want to earn themselves trophies/badges, that makes no difference to me.

On 6/8/2019 at 12:45 AM, Qualeo said:
  • Raise "X" amount of dragon based on either biomes, element, and maybe even breeds. 
  • Hatch "X" amount of eggs => seems redundant, considering there's the "raise x amount of" thing already.
  • Adopt "X" amount of eggs from the abandoned page => Define "adopt". Does it mean grabbing the egg and then tossing it back? For how long do you have to keep the egg? Overall, it seems to be just the same as "raise x dragons".
  • Adopt "X" amount of eggs from the cave in general => See above.
  • Hatch "X" amount of Rare dragons => Personally, I think this is the worst idea thus far. Rare dragons are a reward in and of themselves. A reward for raising them will make them only rarer, make the game harder and less fulfilling for those with less luck, slower reflexes or worse internet. I'd much rather see a "Hatch/Raise x amount of common dragons" to get rewarded.
  • Successfully create "X" amount of zombie dragons.  => With what I've heard about the chances of successfully turning dragons into zombies, I think this might cause more frustration than there already is. So, maybe not?
  • Successfully summon "X" amount of GoNs => Like rare dragons, GoNs are rewards in and of themselves. No need to further reward for successful summoning.
  • Win the site raffle (this would be a badge only though no extra reward) => As if the Prize Dragon wasn't reward enough... Plus, there's the problem of anonymity. Quite a few Prize winners prefer to keep their status hidden - and hide their CB prize in an army of their kind. With a "raffle winner badge", this will be impossible.
  • Use a BSA on "X" amount of eggs/hatchlings => Maybe. Although the BSA effect is a reward, so this seems superfluous to me.
  • Have "X" amount of a certain dragon in a certain form at any given time (See: Luminas, Bolts, Aeons, etc or dragons with different forms based on an action done) => Sounds like fun!
  • Freeze "X" amount of hatchlings => Sounds like a good idea. (For the record: I don't freeze.)
  • Release "X" amount of dragons => Whyyyy?
  • Kill "X" amount of dragons => The Badge of Necromantic Failure... Because most people seem to kill in order to create Zombies.
  • Buy "X" amount of dragons from the market => Ouch. Just ouch. I think that many people use the market to get those expensive dragons they cannot catch themselves. Which means they'll not be able to get many because expensive...
  • Spend "X" amount of shards => Way, way better than the above. +1
  • Earn the maximum amount of shards per week "X" times in a row. => Also a worthy cause - if the number of weeks isn't too high.
  • Name "X" amount of dragons => Careful with this - renaming and unnaming is a thing. However, "Have x amount of named dragons on your scroll" should fill that loophole.
  • Breed "X" amount of dragons => Breeder's Badge.
  • Autoabandon "X" amount of dragons => Badge of Oops (I did it again)?
  • Have "X" amount of refusals => Single Awareness Badge.
  • Have "X" amount of a certain color of dragon (Or raise, etc) => Let's make this into a Minecraft reference: Poppy Badge (red), orange Tulip Badge (orange), Dandelion Badge (yellow), Smelted Cactus Badge (green), Lapislazuli Badge (blue), Mix It Badge (Purple), Cocoa Badge (brown), Octopus Badge (Black), Bone Badge (white)...
  • Raise "X" amount of a certain lineage based dragon => I have my doubt about this. Because, as far as I know, there's no feature to discern what kind of lineage something is.

Red by me. ;) 

12 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The zombie thing was a separate issue; just pointing out that they are very very hard to get even now, and that's in theory a "choice" thing too. I don't like any idea that ties people to playing extra hard to get things that others with less time and lower scroll goals can't get. (I don't think I had anything to say about GoNs; I couldn't care less about them !) I'd far rather simply be able to amass shards to buy prizes, and I dread the idea of any more "special" breeds that cannot simply be caught or bought CB by anyone. Trophies - there I don't care. If people want to earn themselves trophies/badges, that makes no difference to me.

Well, you can choose to not have any on your scroll. You can even get rid of those you have. I did.

Apart from that, though, I totally agree with not giving rewards for hard-to-get things. I'd also rather see Prizes hit the Market, but that has been suggested from the very beginning (with mixed support from other forumers), but hasn't happend, so...

Regarding special breeds that cannot be bought or caught - as long as they can be acquired with any kind of guarantee (you do this, you get egg), I'm totally fine with it. Honestly. If there's a new, super-cool Necromancer Dragon that you only get when you have created X zombies, I'd still have a choice: Start making zombies (I have zero) or not. Trying to trade for a bred Necromancer or avoid the breed completely. My scroll, my choice. But the consequences of my choice are mine to deal with. It's that simple.

Sure you can choose to have no zombies. But if you are a completionist - which I am rather :lol: - it isn't a CHOICE you can make to collect them; the fail rate is far far too high !

And didn't someone say that whatever exotic things you can get from this idea the dragons mustn't be tradeable ? Still and all - if the ways to get these things involve raising large numbers of dragons you don't want - that's grinding. And would this be like our current trophies - release enough dragons and you lose them ?

@Fuzzbucket Well, CB Prizes aren't tradeable, and yet most players have a lot of Prizes... 

But not CBs. If some new derg came up, I'd like to see everyone able to get CBs without having to grind. As LadyLyzar said in another thread about this stuff, we can regret the raffle all we like, but it's here now. True. But there's no need to create another cl;ass of users with stuff that skews the trading market. I hate the "value" side of things anyway, but this would make it worse.

How is this different from the market? Many of the activities you listed are already rewarded by the market. It was made to reward active players without punishing less active players (since nothing can be bought with shards that isn't obtainable otherwise). If you want a guaranteed way to get CB prizes, adding them to the market would be effectively the same as this achievement system, just much more streamlined. And I think achievements are fun, but DC already has achievements in the form of badges. There's an "achievement" for owning a certain number of dragons, for partaking in holiday events, and even for doing bonus activities (Magikarp badge). Your reward for raising dragons is encyclopedia entries and getting more egg slots. Your reward for summoning GoNs is having a GoN and being able to breed Avatars. Not sure what this would add to the game.

I think a public stats log would meet the unmet want (advertising accomplishments?) without introducing redundancy. Maybe the stats section on the scroll could link to a page like this:

cbussiere has:

• Raised 1,429 dragons
  • Raised n dragons from the Alpine, n from the Coast, n from the Desert...
  • Obtained 233 breeds
  • Bred n dragons
  • Abandoned n dragons
  • Frozen n hatchlings
  • Killed n dragons
  • Traded n times
  • Used a BSA n times
  • Bought 1 dragon from the Market

I'd be interested in pixel badges, but not prize dragons, unless it was some new prize dragon (or a new colour, like bronze, crystal, what have you). I do agree with cbussiere that the market already rewards players on keeping active and such.

Edited by Ashywolf

I'd love achievement badges (I'm still sad about missing a few of the cave badges ;.;), but I'm more so-so on getting reward dragons from achievements. I think just the achievement in and of itself is reward enough. However, I wouldn't be upset if there were rewards to achievements- I'd be happy just for the achievements.