borntobefree

Vampire trading and retrieval

After noticing the trading boards I see that vampires are greatly under represented.  The purpose to this thread is to request a bitten egg, a trade for the actual egg to be bitten, or even finding the person who might have lost an egg to the ap, Has happened to me 15 times and only got to keep 2 eggs, and someone always picks it up before I can click it in the ap. Its also hard for newbies to get there first vampire, if you are not fast enough or your internet isn't fast enough to beat others to the ap vampires.

So vamp discussion is ok just limit it so we don't loose any links or vampire pick up notices.

Many vamp fans might also want to gang up to help with retrievals from the ap.

Good luck out there!

speaking of which caught a vamp today in the ap bitten by

Azrie Shino 'K

no owner so I can't message to ask if they want it back. This is the eggs code

(rltVv)

message me for transfer link

People are viewing but not commenting, but that's ok. Since newbies and I mean anyone who came after 2010, can't get a first gen vamp, either caveborn or messy lineage the best we can do is ask those from before 2010 to bite an egg for us. Are there any owners of pre 2010 Vampires who'd like to be on a list for helping especially newbies, get a vampire?

I've got a few 2nd gen cb vampires that are from caveborn first gen vampires if any newbies, or anyone would like a bitten egg.

no need to trade anything, just like to help.

I think perhaps not a lot of people are that desperate for a vamp bitten by a first gen one. (and you can't actually get a first gen lineaged one, BTW.)

I am one who had viewed this thread once already - just to see what it was all about - but....

There's only a few of us who really like vamps, I agree with that statement. Also its true that it is impossible for any new people to get a first gen vamp, so unless Tj surprises us this Halloween with a re-release of the cb vamps, any new people will never be able to start a lineaged vamp line from a first gen vamp, the best we can hope for is for someone with a first gen vamp to bite an egg for us. I've managed quite a few through tradings and request from other, but its hard alot of work and newbies really aren't that familiar with finding scrolls and matching forum names, not everyone has the same and not every scroll is identifiable. This is to help anyone who wants help getting a vamp. I actually found it quite hard to pick one up in the ap. So really this is for fans of the vamps, not sure why someone who doesn't care one way or another for a vamp would want to haunt this board, but more power to you. I just ask to keep tones pleasant, and do not discourage anyone else from posting to this board or requesting a vamp. Any shout outs for any kind of assistance I encourage.

BTW Fuzzbucket do you have any first gen vamps or any you'd be willing to use to bite an egg for someone, or to donate or want to trade?

I love vamps. Lots of people do - but most people aren't usually that picky about where they came from.

But no, I don't have any first gens in the sense that you mean.. And you can NEVER create a lineage from a vampire - they cannot breed. I am happy to bite for people when I have space and can live with 24 hour dead eggs.  and I do drop to the AP. Only one (I think) from 2010 like this: https://dragcave.net/view/UROt - not one of the "originals". If you want him to bite something for you (but NOT just now) he will do.

I have two original Vamps from 2008, and I have bitten with them specifically to gift in the past, but it does seem like a very niche group, I really don't see many people actually wanting specific vamps. Usually when I see vamp-related trades/posts it's because someone lost a vamp egg with the auto-abandon outcome (and it used to be a rule on the forum that you can't actually post asking for specific eggs 'back' from the AP, 'cause it's no longer yours, though I'm not sure if that's still an actual rule). 

I'll put it out there that I have her and him, original Vamps, available to bite on request, though I'm often locked or almost-locked so I won't always be able to right away.

I have noticed more interest on the hub with people asking for their vamps that were auto ap'd. Though I thought that was still against the rules, asking for a specific egg that isnt yours anymore. 

While I personally would love to have a couple vamps bitten by originals, I have noticed it's a very small few group who are interested in vamps and I haven't got around to getting into that group myself yet. 

Idk, I'd like to see what happens with this and where it goes

17 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I have noticed more interest on the hub with people asking for their vamps that were auto ap'd. Though I thought that was still against the rules, asking for a specific egg that isnt yours anymore.

It is against the rules.

I'm concerned this will lead to harassment of people who caught auto ap'd eggs (because it has in the past). Since there seems to be no interest in trading at the moment, for now I'm going to close this. I'll PM the OP.