Aqub

Gift Exchange [Closed]

@Aqub you did an awesome job, this is a great idea, and anyone who has or is still running events would give you props. Thanks for doing this, you are doing fantastic and people will be coming out to support and participate. Love it and hope you had a good time and if you need ANYTHING from any of us in the Player Community, you just tell us so we can support you. Awesome Gifting Event/Exchange!! Can't give enough praises.

Thanks to all who donated, and participated, and please spread the word because the more people involved we have, the more fun this is going to be! It is important to follow threads like this so not only do you benefit from being notified (and sharing with others more easily cuz you know the timing), but it also lets the people know who run it how they are growing and their capture and support. So if you like it, and want to keep up on it FOLLOW IT!!

Edited by Natayah

Thank you so much for all of the support! I'm so happy to know that you all enjoyed this and I'm excited to continue hosting this event for a long time. ^_^

@Natayah Seeing your enthusiasm about player-made events was what inspired me to start this in the first place! :D I love the kindness in the DC community and I love making people happy by gifting things. Originally I was going to make a raffle to try to spread the gifting spirit, but by the time I had time to make something, three great raffles were already running, so I decided to come up with something more unique instead. Again, I'm so glad people like it. ❤️ 

Got mine in!  Thanks @Aqub, this was great fun last time.  Looking forward to seeing how it goes this time around ^_^.

@Aqub You should change the thread title -- it still says closed!

I will breed an egg in a few hours when I get back home.

Bred my egg for this exchange and entered. :)

@Aqub I got viewbombed and had to cancel my transfer so I could hide the egg. Let me know what I have to do to fix this, I really want to participate still. Everyone else, Watch your eggys QQ

Form is closed. Thanks once again to everyone for entering! ❤️ Results will be posted soon!

Here are the results! There were lots of awesome gifts in this one! Thank you everyone for supporting this event. :) 

@purplehaze picked Coheart's gift!

@Dracleia picked Terces' gift!

@Izabelle picked a gift from an anonymous player and won a bonus!

@Blake_Wolfe picked purplehaze's gift and won a bonus!

@Pryanka picked Sunrunner's gift and won a bonus from Blake_Wolfe!

@Coheart picked Dracleia's gift and won a bonus from Natayah!

@Sunrunner picked Blake_Wolfe's gift won and a bonus!

@osean picked Izabelle's gift and won a bonus from Sunrunner!

@becondethuong1307 picked sage19's gift!

@Terces picked becondethuong1307's gift and won a bonus!

@Natayah picked Pryanka's gift and won a bonus!

@sage19 picked Natayah's gift and won a bonus from Dracleia!

The anonymous player won osean's gift!

Edited by Aqub

Thank you becondethuong1307 and Aqub for my prizes! Glad I made it into this round, I had fun. :D Can hardly wait for next week.

Thank you anonymous and Aqub for two lovely lineages, I'm very happy! ❤️

Thank you @Purplehaze & to whomever supplied my bonus gift! :D I'd have loved whatever I was lucky enough to get, but both types happen to be faves of mine! Thanks again. :D

I'll be playing next week.

Edited by Blake_Wolfe

Thank you Isabelle and sunrunner for my pretty babies!!

Thank you @Blake_Wolfe & the donor of my bonus, they're both beautiful :D!

And thanks once again @Aqub for a great Gift Exchange!

Thank you @Coheart for the beautiful egg!

Glad to see so many people enjoying this. Thanks to @Aqub for another great round of the exchange.

muahahahahahaha I love this event. Instead of just donating this round, I participated, I am really astounded and appreciative of the gifts thank you so much!! - whoever won my gifts you can ALWAYS trade and/or regift them and not feel any guilt. It is a gift and I want you to get something YOU want and/or need out of if be it trading for something you need more and/or regifting to someone and it makes you happy. Whatever! I know some of you are horrified by that idea and I won't do that with prizes I get from this event that specifically state so, but that is because of how this particular event is set up and the standards it holds. (I am unlikely to do that anyway, but you get my point - I get not wanting nicer stuff or special stuff to NOT be traded away. But if your Gift is nice but isn't necessarily a super rare, or are like me and sometimes people enter multiple raffles and win a sibling of something of mine or REALLY need something on their scroll more (heck, even if its a bundle of BSA hatchlings, whatever), don't be afraid to allow this option because the group of people who participate and donate are really solid good people and will take care and love stuff, but there might be a valid reason to trade something - I want you to get what you need and/or want, even if it is just making someone else happy.)

(BTW, these were some very nice donations and prizes I won, I get you not wanting them to be traded, if I donated a 2G Prize I would have to decide if I would allow it to be traded or not. I might, but I would be a bucket list of stipulations - I would certainly not want you to have to keep a 2G Prize baby if you, were example, the name of the Prize was something you wouldn't want on your scroll would 10000% honor that and just make sure you got something you wanted and that you traded it to someone who would follow a few basic rules - when I gift anything, it isn't so much the specific dragon but that you won something of value, so I want you to get the MOST value out of it as possible, whatever that means to you, I want you to be able to exchange a basic dragon pixel voucher for some sort of happiness. Whatever brings that to you, awesome)

I'm gonna be 100% honest that these days, I am very careful and picky about entering raffles and prizes. A "random prize exchange" is the type of event I would donate to, but *NEVER* participate in because of a fear of getting something that is just not something I would want to keep on my scroll because I got a lot of dragons, a lot of stuff that I do or don't love that make no sense but if I can't do something, isn't amusing or special to me for some reason, isn't expanding some CB dragons I need some more of for whatever reason, etc. then that can be problematic. I 1000% appreciate @Aqub requiring that donations/gifts be nice enough to warrant gifting. A random exchange with the open to everything is my worst nightmare. Because there have been issues with this in the past with me. I will get some random.... really not great dragon.... I'm not supposed to EVER kill or release or trade or harm it in any way, but after several months or years pass - I forget this and then it ends up as Zombie Fodder or released into the wild because I'm like WTF is this dragon doing on my scroll, I must have picked it up from the AP and it grew up on my scroll before I had a chance to regift it.... let's get that off here... (especially around halloween when you are looking for last minute fodder and pre-picked fodder are dodging the knife) - Look, these things happen. But technically now, I have violated the rules of the Thread or Event or Gifting or whatever, and now I'm able to be banned for life, am a bad person who didn't respect their gift, and have no recollection on how that dragon even ended up in my scroll. I mean, I think people are understanding of these sorts of situations, but there are other players who are horrified who literally would NEVER harm any dragon on their scroll and even if it was some crazy dragon they would love and cherish it forever. I love you sorts, you are very nostalgic and dear and precious to me and I send out all the love to you in the universe. On the flip side, I am a bit less sentimental, have some memory issues in real life (of which I have zero control), and don't do this ever maliciously. But without making this essay longer than it is, I appreciate the guidelines that are set up on this event that allow me to participate and it not be an issue.

I just wanted to say to people, besides thank you very much, that sometimes allowing the Trade/Regift option isn't always a bad thing, and most people who participate here are going to keep it anyway unless there is a really good reason (like already having a sibling of that dragon from an earlier win or similarly lineage dragon on their scroll). But for me, I almost normally don't care. I get those of you who do and always respect that. Thanks for organizing such a great event and for people so great and involved!

Edited by Natayah

Thank you all for participating and for your all of your amazing donations! I love seeing all the prizes, thuweds, saltkins, and other beautiful, generous things that make it into this game. Also, the first round we had a 2G prize, and this time we had a CB Gold in there somewhere. That's so awesome!! Thanks again, and I hope to see you all back next week! :D

Edited by Aqub

Sorry for the delayed response, it's been a busy week!

Thank you @Sunrunner & @Blake_Wolfe for both of my gifts :) 

Interestingly enough, both lineages involve GoN's and have given me good projects for my guardians to work on

Thank you for hosting yet another successful round @Aqub! This was a great idea ❤️

@Natayah - that is....a LOT of words omg. I used to be as verbose as you but I promise you, you will get your points across better if you consolidate them just a tad.

I...I think the main takeaway I got from your recent post is a decent suggestion, but it was hidden around a lot of your other thoughts. Aqub, what about including an option in the form where people can write in some clarification? (Ie. I usually don't want my gifts to be re-traded or re-gifted because if they were going to end up as trade fodder, I would just do that myself. However, if somebody told me they already have that lineage or know somebody who would like it, then that would be great). I'd probably put "please don't trade, but gifting is fine & I'd appreciate if you let me know" 

Edited by Pryanka

Although it's not a bad idea, I'm a little reluctant to include a clarification option like that, honestly because it will make sorting though and keeping track of the info harder for me and it already takes some time. 😅 If someone has more specific requests, maybe they could deliver the gift themselves? As it is, most of the people who enter allow for regifting, and many allow both. For now, I would just encourage anyone who enters to allow at least regifting, because like Natayah said, the people who participate will most likely want to keep it unless they have a good reason not to. :)

This is an active ongoing Player Run Raffle/Giveaway. Another round will be coming up and I think I'll be able to help promote, but right now I'm sorta withdrawn, and feel bad about it, so I would like others to pitch in and help me out here as another round will be coming up shortly so we can get people here and ready BEFORE it comes up. So I hope others are also pitching in. Are you following the thread? Are you sharing it with others? Do you post and participate and share and show support? Make sure you doing that to help keep these kinds of events going! Please make sure to show your participation and share the info as this is still a newer raffle so we can continue to grow both the base of donations, entries, people following and supporting and more. Make sure you are doing this BEFORE the next thread so people are ready to go for the next round.