TJ09

2019-06-01 - Site Raffle Update

I hope I win!  What an awesome Birthday that would be... seeing as the drawing is on my Birthday... I'll cross my fingers!  

Awesome, thanks TJ! Maybe one day I'll finally be one of the lucky winners. :-)

How are the winners selected? Does it matter whether you enter the raffle early or late or how many required dragons you raise above the minimum?

27 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

How are the winners selected? Does it matter whether you enter the raffle early or late or how many required dragons you raise above the minimum?

Winners are randomly selected. There is no way to increase your chances of winner; everyone who enters has the same chance of winning. 

Really excited about this update - thank you so much! Can't wait to see how this grows!

Edited by Natayah

This is something I've been sort of asking for for a while and I'm glad it is happening. Kind of annoying that we don't actually get to see how many prizes have been given out, though... it might not actually be many more.

16 minutes ago, osmarks said:

This is something I've been sort of asking for for a while and I'm glad it is happening. Kind of annoying that we don't actually get to see how many prizes have been given out, though... it might not actually be many more.

At this point I think *any* increase is a good start. We've been asking for raffle/prize changes for so long, it's very promising that something is finally happening. No matter what the actual increase is each month, it will definitely be better than before... Even just 2 or 3 more winners a month adds up over the year!

16 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

At this point I think *any* increase is a good start. We've been asking for raffle/prize changes for so long, it's very promising that something is finally happening. No matter what the actual increase is each month, it will definitely be better than before... Even just 2 or 3 more winners a month adds up over the year!

Agreed! :)   And hopefully this will encourage more people to participate, which will lead to more winners.

Maybe after 7 years of playing I will finally get a little more chance to get 1 CB Prize 😣

Great update! I'm glad that something is being done about the wonky Prize distribution. I look forward to seeing even more winners this month! :D

On 6/2/2019 at 4:38 PM, Lesh4537 said:

Winners are randomly selected. There is no way to increase your chances of winner; everyone who enters has the same chance of winning. 

Well, there is a way to increase your chances: prevent everybody else from entering. 🤪

On 6/2/2019 at 4:38 PM, Lesh4537 said:

How do you know they are randomly selected? Has this been officially confirmed?

29 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

Winners have been randomly selected since the first raffle was put into effect. I'm not sure why you're implying otherwise, considering that TJ is the only person with access to site code and for a single person to do otherwise would take a lot of time and have very little reward.

Ooo nice to hear about the raffle!! I'm honestly very excited and I'm glad there's more chance to actually get a prize!! :D

9 hours ago, walkinslow said:

If by official, you mean stated in the news release of the first drawing then yes.  The only non random prizes were the first year for the tree decorating contest.

For the post in question.

And a clip:

image.png.3c82043882b48af1b566eeaccc7d4979.png

And thus it has been ever since.

YES. Thank you TJ! Prize distribution has always been wonky af but this is a great change for the better! (now here's praying I can finally get in on the shiny market XD) 

15 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

For the post in question.

And a clip:

image.png.3c82043882b48af1b566eeaccc7d4979.png

And thus it has been ever since.

Lol fuzz, I was not going to to trawl all the way back to find it.