Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Of course they didn’t @Fuzzbucket prizes are a desirable breed. At least 1200 prizes got bred to the ap over a 24 hour period and there was no wall. I am not sure if it is possible to wall them because they go to fast. 

The ap was always meant to be a trash can for unwanted eggs. If you want to see more desirable breeds in there then plan your own mass breed. As my mass breed has proved, many people will participate and breed their pretty babies to the ap if you just ask. 

Share this post


Link to post

Complaining about the AP not having what you want is like going to the clearance section and complaining that the new iPhone isn't there.

 

It's a totally random freebie bin. No one has any right to dictate what goes in there or not via other players breeding/tossing habits.

 

The walls have a lot of pros, while most like to focus on the cons. Our recent streak of having the AP around, or below 4 days has been a boon for newer players to help build up their scroll counts, or older folks like me to start picking up more BSAs. I had a ton of fun in the low AP hatching and throwing things back for others to take later, or finding little treasures to give to friends and new players. None of that would have been so readily accessible without the folks who walled the AP to lower the times for us.

 

Nothing needs to change except some perspectives, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, osean said:

Of course they didn’t @Fuzzbucket prizes are a desirable breed. At least 1200 prizes got bred to the ap over a 24 hour period and there was no wall. I am not sure if it is possible to wall them because they go to fast. 

The ap was always meant to be a trash can for unwanted eggs. If you want to see more desirable breeds in there then plan your own mass breed. As my mass breed has proved, many people will participate and breed their pretty babies to the ap if you just ask. 

 

That's the point. All breeds are desirable to someone. I didn't go there for the prize wall because it DIDN'T interest me :lol:  But I bred for it. A couple of hundred :) Happy Birthday !

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/30/2019 at 9:03 AM, Husky51 said:

I have looked thru MANY of the page subjects in this site and did not find anything pertaining to this subject.  If I erred and there IS one, then I apologize in advance...

 

Isn't there any way that Cave blockers can be stopped???  It can be very irritating when someone with time on their hands thinks that it is humorous to block up the cave with all Eggs from a single breed...

 

Thank You...

Superb idea !!!!

Share this post


Link to post

There's a cave block going on right at this minute...I dunno. I might glance at it then at the cave but my dragon interests have kind of simmer down. Though I did obtain one of my goals. Got me a chicken finally! Just need a Neglected. 

Share this post


Link to post

To be perfectly honest, I think threads like this encourage people to make walls just because it will annoy. Just as viewbombers often target the people complaining loudest in threads here.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2019 at 12:27 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

To be perfectly honest, I think threads like this encourage people to make walls just because it will annoy. Just as viewbombers often target the people complaining loudest in threads here.

Not gonna lie, the thought has crossed my mind. But AP times are so wonderfully low right now, I really can't justify the several hours across two days needed to massbreed my salty horde. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post

XD Mine too - but after my mass breed for osean's birthday, I knew I would just give up part way through ! 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2019 at 4:30 AM, Firebirdwyvern said:

There's a cave block going on right at this minute...I dunno. I might glance at it then at the cave but my dragon interests have kind of simmer down. Though I did obtain one of my goals. Got me a chicken finally! Just need a Neglected. 

 

This is just bugging me so much, sorry.... It's not a cave block, it's an AP wall. (Or AP block if you like, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone call it that). The page you are looking at and complaining about is the AP, not the Cave. The cave cannot be blocked by users. Cave blockers are overcommon eggs that drop in biomes in almost every shuffle and bother people by hiding other rarer eggs.

 

That's it, my *old man yells at cloud* moment is done! 🙃

 

(And get off my lawn)

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

413471624.jpg

 

True. VERY true. There is a redfin wall just now so I collected some as zombie fodder.#

 

But do always remember there may be a language issue.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/30/2019 at 11:54 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

2) If someone breeds more than 30 of a single breed within an hour, their odds of producing another egg of that breed drastically decline for one hour (wouldn’t apply to holiday dragons for obvious reasons)

My 2cents:

I like this suggestion.

 

I've never really understood what's the sense behind these massbreeding - away from blocking the cave und killing the fun for everyody else who wwants to hunt for some nicely lineages eggs from the AP...

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/30/2019 at 11:54 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

2) If someone breeds more than 30 of a single breed within an hour, their odds of producing another egg of that breed drastically decline for one hour (wouldn’t apply to holiday dragons for obvious reasons)

Does that mean that you'll have increased chances of producing the other parent's breed? I could see this as being great incentive to actually flood the cave with checker breeding...

I could also see people trying to use this to breed rares from commons. Maybe not the best idea, after all?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, olympe said:

Does that mean that you'll have increased chances of producing the other parent's breed? I could see this as being great incentive to actually flood the cave with checker breeding...

I could also see people trying to use this to breed rares from commons. Maybe not the best idea, after all?

 

I was just thinking the same thing. If you're trying to get a particular egg out of a pair, and you figure out that dumping a few dozen of the one parent's breed makes it less likely that the pair will produce the undesired parent's egg, I could definitely see people making that a practice. Like, even more so than we do, with people speculating on how ratios work.

 

Plus anything that's scroll linked can be dodged by organizing multiple users in a mass breed event ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post

I was envisioning it just replacing common egg production with no egg. So no better odds of getting the other breed.

Share this post


Link to post

I honestly don't think that idea would help very much, not in the way people would expect... Putting a cap like that simply means the breeding will take longer, it doesn't actually directly cause any change in the AP. If a breeder can send 30 of the same breed to the AP in an hour, and then wait an hour and send 30 more... That's still a *ton* of that breed going to the AP. Many mass-breeders have already talked about how it pretty much takes all day to breed their hoard, so a 'penalty' for one hour really isn't going to be very effective. Unless the idea is that applying that penalty would make mass-breeding so frustrating that people just wouldn't do it... Which isn't really the best idea either way imo.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

My 2cents:

I like this suggestion.

 

I've never really understood what's the sense behind these massbreeding - away from blocking the cave und killing the fun for everyody else who wwants to hunt for some nicely lineages eggs from the AP...

That would also do away with my yearly birthday mass breed of prizes. I sent over 100 prizes to the ap for that in a few hour period. Nobody was upset when a bunch of people participated in that one and we sent over 1200 prizes to the ap in a 24 hour period. 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, @osean, I was one of those people who sent Prizes to the ACave, and it was a lot of fun, and was like donating en masse to the Cave in general.

 

And it really works for a wide enough range of eggs and generally desired breeds.

 

Sending every "cave jammer" - (all 1700 of them because you competed in the Holly raffle or whatever) that is just the opposite of a good time for anyone.

 

In those circumstances, the low time for eggs is useless, because the reason the times are so low is because nobody wants them. It is only the total lack of interest in those eggs that keeps the times artificially low.

 

Low times means there are more eggs than people wanting them. So the only way to use this method of bringing it about in a considerate and fun way is to breed lots of different and desirable dragons.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, Justie said:

Yes, @osean, I was one of those people who sent Prizes to the ACave, and it was a lot of fun, and was like donating en masse to the Cave in general.

 

And it really works for a wide enough range of eggs and generally desired breeds.

 

Sending every "cave jammer" - (all 1700 of them because you competed in the Holly raffle or whatever) that is just the opposite of a good time for anyone.

We don't get to decide what breeds other people want. You might look at a common wall and sigh, but there might also be other people who look at the wall and have fun, because they like/collect that breed (most "hoard" breeds are commons because they're so easy to get) or they need that body type for zombies or even because they want low-time eggs for NDing.

 

Low times in the AP just as often- or even more often- mean that, rather than nobody wanting the eggs, there are so many that people simply don't have the space. A low-time wall also isn't the goal-- the goal is to push down the times of the eggs after them in the queue, which DOES make people happy.

Edited by Keileon

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Keileon said:

We don't get to decide what breeds other people want. You might look at a common wall and sigh, but there might also be other people who look at the wall and have fun, because they like/collect that breed (most "hoard" breeds are commons because they're so easy to get) or they need that body type for zombies or even because they want low-time eggs for NDing.

 

Low times in the AP just as often- or even more often- mean that, rather than nobody wanting the eggs, there are so many that people simply don't have the space. A low-time wall also isn't the goal-- the goal is to push down the times of the eggs after them in the queue, which DOES make people happy.

 

Exactly. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Keileon said:

We don't get to decide what breeds other people want. You might look at a common wall and sigh, but there might also be other people who look at the wall and have fun, because they like/collect that breed (most "hoard" breeds are commons because they're so easy to get) or they need that body type for zombies or even because they want low-time eggs for NDing.

 

Low times in the AP just as often- or even more often- mean that, rather than nobody wanting the eggs, there are so many that people simply don't have the space. A low-time wall also isn't the goal-- the goal is to push down the times of the eggs after them in the queue, which DOES make people happy.

Keileon I agree with you completely. We all have different tastes and different needs at different times. 

 

But if the AC times are dropping that is your objective measure - eggs are staying longer in the queue because people don't want the eggs that are before them. No opinions involved. Just the facts.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Justie said:

Keileon I agree with you completely. We all have different tastes and different needs at different times. 

 

But if the AC times are dropping that is your objective measure - eggs are staying longer in the queue because people don't want the eggs that are before them. No opinions involved. Just the facts.

 

Nope, not necessarily true. In general, yes, if you see a huge one-breed wall that stays for a long time, you can assume that maybe most people looking at the AP don't want those eggs right then. But it can be just as possible that people *do* want those eggs but can't grab them. Egg limits are a huge factor when it comes to helping to clear AP walls. Even if every single person looking at the AP at a given moment sees things they want, they only have at most 8 slots to work with. There are currently 24 users in the AP, even if you assume that all 24 of those people have the max 8 slots, that's still only a possible 192 eggs that can be picked up. After that, no matter how much users actually *want* the eggs, they can't take them. 

Share this post


Link to post

This is true. I would have grabbed a LOT more of those nocturnes the other week, but I was locked when it started and although I tried really hard I only managed five !

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Keileon said:

...there are so many that people simply don't have the space.


Absolutely this! I have been locked at 24/24 eggs for a good few weeks now from all the instahatchable eggs going through the AP, and am only now starting to have slots free because AP time is going back up again. Low-time messy AP eggs are perfect for zombie attempts!

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Special congrats to a ... let us say ... player, who blocks AP with Neos. I believe, they feel very important by doing this.👾 I just hope, in near future it will not be allowed and such people will be removed from DC. Dont kill me for these words, plz 🧜‍♂️

Edited by purpledragonclaw
Edited for more appropriate language.

Share this post


Link to post

I won't kill you - but anyone gets to breed what they like, when they like. You can't regulate against it; there is no way to make it "against the rules", never mind a way to "delete players from DC" for doing something perfectly legitimate - nor should there be.  I got some great stuff from the recent Nocturne wall. Just come back when it's over, and there will be lots of lovely low time stuff.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.