olympe

Please close - BSA Suggestions for 13th Birthday Release Dragons

Spoiler

When I first saw the adult description of our new dragons, I thought that quite a few of them would be perfect for certain BSAs. And, well, why not suggest them? (Of course, I'm aware that either artist and/or TJ can reject any suggestion at any time.)

Anyway, here's what I, personally, feel seems a perfect fit:

Aeria Gloris adultThe Aeria Gloris are an unusual-looking breed. With six glowing eyes, a ring of crystals that orbits around the dragon’s neck, and seven sets of short wings lining their body, these dragons are thought to be related to something primordial, perhaps even alien. Regardless, Aeria Gloris Dragons are graceful and gifted with potent magic that allows them to manipulate space almost instinctively. They have been known to use highly complex teleportation magic on the fly, and while these dragons are not very mobile on the ground, they often take off by using their magic to create a field which temporarily reverses gravity’s hold. Aeria Gloris are usually neither malicious nor benevolent, preferring to mind their own business and wandering as if in search of something."

I think some kind of "super teleport" would be perfect to them - like a teleport that allows you to transfer more than 4 growing things in each direction - maybe up to a maximum of 6 or 8? I think the cooldown should be the same as that for a magi's Teleport.

Kovos adultKovos Pygmies cast terror into the hearts of those unfortunate enough to encounter one. As solitary hunters, they avoid contact with most other dragons. Tendrils of nearly-condensed liquid mana swirl about them at all times, bringing a sense of dread—and slow corruption after prolonged contact. They will attack prey even when well-fed, sometimes solely for the entertainment of the kill.

BSA: Corrupt

Use: Will increase the chance for a successful zombification of the target dragon is killed and revived within the week. Would also work on hatchlings dying of natural causes (running out of time, sickness).

Cooldown: 2 weeks?

Vremya adultVremya Drakes are known for their impeccable abilities to alter time as an instinctual response to external stimuli. Whenever they feel threatened or startled, Vremya Drakes are capable of locking their target into a temporary time loop, allowing the drakes to escape unscathed. This attachment to time magic also supplies them insight to potential outcomes a few moments ahead to give them an advantage in dangerous situations. Many instances of deja vu have been attributed to Vremya Drakes and their time loops. Once heralded as the most intelligent drake breed, they are actually not much smarter than the average drake, but their unique method of distracting enemies has falsely given them a reputation of cunning and acumen.

BSA: Time Loop

Use: Undoes all BSAs performed on that living egg/hatchling. Incubated eggs will gain their day back, Influence will be undone, Ward too (and might even be re-applicable?), you could also un-stun a hatchling. Bitten eggs could be unbitten - but not after hatching. For obvious reasons, teleports and killing can't be undone. Dragons on cooldown for their BSA will stay on cooldown, though, as it only affects the target egg or hatchling. Bonus idea: Might also add 1 hour to an egg's or hatchling's timer. (Discuss away!)

Cooldown: 2 weels?

Lihnseyre adultLihnseyre Dragons are innately in tune with the souls of creatures around them, informing these dragons of where and what life forms are near. These solitary creatures use this ability to evade others and watch from a distance, staying out of sight or soaring high up in the air. As they have a tendency to “see” and appreciate souls more than the actual wielders of said souls, they are rather detached in terms of emotional and personal connections. Though some tell stories of their anger and sorrow being washed away by these dragons or being freed from weariness, this is not out of inherent goodwill; they simply prefer the feeling of peaceful souls. While hard to anger, a Lihnseyre Dragon, once enraged, will unleash powerful magic to sever the soul tether—the connection betweem a being’s material body and its extra-planar soul—of the offender and effectively end their life with cold indifference.

BSA: Soulstrike

Use: Instantly kills a dragon - even if you reached your kill limit. Good for additional zombie attempts - or those stubborn dragons that annoy you by dodging time and again.

Cooldown: 2 weeks? 1 month?

Sorry, but I have no idea for the Galvanics and the Geminae.

Any suggestions? Discussion? Pretty please?

Since TJ asked for this, I'm going to ask for this to be closed and start separate threads. :) 

Edited by olympe

8 minutes ago, olympe said:

When I first saw the adult description of our new dragons, I thought that quite a few of them would be perfect for certain BSAs. And, well, why not suggest them? (Of course, I'm aware that either artist and/or TJ can reject any suggestion at any time.)

Anyway, here's what I, personally, feel seems a perfect fit:

I think some kind of "super teleport" would be perfect to them - like a teleport that allows you to transfer more than 4 growing things in each direction - maybe up to a maximum of 6 or 8? I think the cooldown should be the same as that for a magi's Teleport.

I think the CD should be longer, if it's a "super" teleport.

Fairly neutral on these in general, to be honest.

For your Kovos BSA idea: I see no correlation between the corruption of the mists (death and dark manas, primarily) with a successful zombification. The mist kills, it does not revive.

36 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think the CD should be longer, if it's a "super" teleport.

Fairly neutral on these in general, to be honest.

I think I agree with Fuzzbucket that the Super-Teleport should probably have more cooldown. It would probably take way more mana and magic to move more things. Maybe like 4 days, double the time for Magis? So, like transporting 8 things takes twice as much magic? 

I like these though, I don't think you can keep Kovos' one if one of the artist doesn't agree with it.

Unless you wanna do something like mass-death? An assured kill for not one, but multiple things? Like if you are going for several revival attempts at once? 

Maybe name it  "Miasma?"

Actually, since the miasma is only lethal after long exposure, maybe it would make the chances of murdering certain dragons easier by weakening them? (Why am I discussing this so casually...?) 

Also, maybe the killing BSA would work better with Kovos anyway. From the description, Lihnseyres only kill people if they get really angry, and they seem rather detached from everything, so that's hard to to do. Kovos seem like the guys who'd rip out anyone's jugular if you asked...if you managed to befriend one without losing your own jugular. (Though, their description just make me think of cats.) 

Can you imagine?

You: Hey dude, I've got something fun you to enjoy.

Kovos: You've got two seconds.

You: I want you to kill that dragon over there.

Kovos: I thought you didn't want me murdering people randomly.

You: Yeah, but I have reasons this time.

Kovos: Reasons?

You: Yeah...reasons...

Kovos: Eh, whatever.

Kovos: *casually murders a dragon* 

I don't really have any comments on the Drake BSA though.

As for the other two...

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190524115248 Galvanic Wyverns possess a strength that seems impossibly vast for their size. They achieve this through their unique ability to extract magic in its purest form directly from mana. They then channel this energy throughout their bodies via the metallic conduits along their spines, wings, and tail tips, giving them their magically-augmented physical prowess, as well as the magical dexterity to lay devastating spells. However, once they have depleted a mana crystal, they are left vulnerable until they are able to harvest another.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190524115432 Geminae Dragons are known to be among the most powerful psychics of dragonkind. This power is used primarily to communicate with other creatures, but also as a defense mechanism. Though large, Geminae are not particularly well-suited for physical combat and thus rely on their psychic abilities to influence the thoughts, intentions, and emotions of anything that seeks to harm them. These dragons have no interest in fighting, either; they spend most of their time solving complex puzzles as a challenge for both heads to achieve together. Though both heads of the Geminae approach problems much differently, they are unparalleled in their desire to collaborate and compromise to reach a solution. When a Geminae puts its heads together, there is almost nothing it cannot do.

I don't know either...

Disregarding how well they fit the respectively chosen breed, here are a few thoughts:

Super Teleport: While I personally wouldn't mind the option for larger teleports, adding a literally just stronger version of Teleport that can fully replace it in functionality seems a little odd to me. In my opinion, there should be more to set the two apart.

EDIT: Wait, no. I think four is probably the maximum because that's how many eggs a scroll without a trophy can have, and allowing larger trades of eggs would put those without a trophy at a disadvantage.

Corrupt: There presently seems to be no downside at all to increasing the chance for successful zombification, and therefore might be a case in which TJ could just increase the chance altogether. I believe this BSA might need better balance, which could be done by adding possible negative consequences.

Time Loop: I'd like a BSA like that. It's already possible through teleports, so I don't see why it couldn't also be a BSA on its own that doesn't require another person.

Soulstrike: Basically the same I said about the "Corrupt" BSA also seems to be true for this one. It just seems like a way to practically bypass something that exists for a reason.

Edited by Mewtie

Geminae Dragons could allow you to send a small message to another scroll, like a "telepathic sentence". Of course with the introduction of a BSA like this everyone should be allowed in their private account options to enable the option to not receive messages at all if they want to.

Galvanic Wyverns could instead force an egg out of your scroll even if the initial 5 hours hadn't passed. However this would have a scroll CD, so you could use it like 3 times for example, no matter how many Galvanic Wyverns you have, and then wait a couple of weeks.

Also i agree that  Lihnserye could have a more fitting BSA than the one you proposed. What if we do something for the poor neglected dragon? Neglected breed is barely in game due to the fact people have a hard time creating one. Something that makes it easier or even just more clear and doable would be highly appreciated. Maybe Lihnserye would be actually able to touch the sould of poor Neglected Dragon, make him feel wanted for once, warm his heart so much to make him able to breed for a short period of time? (not the ungendered one ofc).

If Aerya Gloris have a BSA too similar to teleport you could make them do another kind of teleport. If you breed an egg and youre egg-locked it gets auto-abandoned. Aerya could bring it back if you use its BSA (only if it hadn't been already catched by someone else). I would just empower current teleport and make magi able to transfer up to 8 growing things.

Edited by Naruhina_94

1 hour ago, Fiona said:

For your Kovos BSA idea: I see no correlation between the corruption of the mists (death and dark manas, primarily) with a successful zombification. The mist kills, it does not revive.

True. However they have the stone of "reality". Which better thing of living, but not living, is it real i'm here? am jI ust a dead corpse? If that's so, why am I walking, did I really died? What's real and what's not?

Edited by Naruhina_94

Reality stone can transform matter to another kind of matter, particularly matter to dark matter. I don't think living or not living, or halfway between, is one of it's things. I don't remember Jane having any memory confusion about whether she was alive when she was possessed.

Please split this into one thread per BSA suggestion. I get that all of the dragons were released at the same time and to some extent it makes sense to try to think about them as a whole, but since the suggestions you have here are pretty independent of each other, it'll be easier to have separate threads to discuss each one.

If you do split it, perhaps one of the mods can help with moving the existing replies around so the current discussion isn't lost.

Just now, Fiona said:

Reality stone can transform matter to another kind of matter, particularly matter to dark matter. I don't think living or not living, or halfway between, is one of it's things. I don't remember Jane having any memory confusion about whether she was alive when she was possessed.

Ok... I think you're taking it a bit too litterally XD I mean, if a stone can transform matter to dark matter I totally see how a Dragon cold be turned into an Undead Dragon. My speech was describing reality in general, I wasn't assuming it confoundes the minds of people. It was an example of how much powerful shifting powers it has.

35 minutes ago, Mewtie said:

Disregarding how well they fit the respectively chosen breed, here are a few thoughts:

Super Teleport: While I personally wouldn't mind the option for larger teleports, adding a literally just stronger version of Teleport that can fully replace it in functionality seems a little odd to me. In my opinion, there should be more to set the two apart.

{snip}

Maybe make it for hatchlings only? Like eggs are too fragile for the magic required for the super-teleport?

And then make it a week long cooldown, since it moves more creatures and uses more magic?  

Is that more specific?

36 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Galvanic Wyverns could instead force an egg out of your scroll even if the initial 5 hours hadn't passed. However this would have a scroll CD, so you could use it like 3 times for example, no matter how many Galvanic Wyverns you have, and then wait a couple of weeks.

In addition to the breed not having any feature that relates to this suggestion, I am opposed to a workaround for that game mechanic.

1 minute ago, Pixxelation said:

In addition to the breed not having any feature that relates to this suggestion, I am opposed to a workaround for that game mechanic.

oh ok, I thought of it because I believed they could, thanks to their huge power, phisically remove the egg. Which one would you see more fit then? :)

9 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

oh ok, I thought of it because I believed they could, thanks to their huge power, phisically remove the egg. Which one would you see more fit then? :)

I don't think there would be any breed that it really would fit. As far as I'm aware, there's no physical barrier; it's simply a game mechanic.

I'm down for Time Loop on the Vremyas, so long as some sort of fail rate is included (considering they don't have actual control over what they do with their time loops, I imagine you won't always be successful in getting the Vremya to focus on the object). Or it fails because the Vremya pitched it forward in time instead of backward. 

1 hour ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Geminae Dragons could allow you to send a small message to another scroll, like a "telepathic sentence". Of course with the introduction of a BSA like this everyone should be allowed in their private account options to enable the option to not receive messages at all if they want to.

There will never be interscroll communication; TJ  has made this very clear; it has to do with his job and so will never happen.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There will never be interscroll communication; TJ  has made this very clear; it has to do with his job and so will never happen.

Geminaes could add a "want" field to public teleports... ;)

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

Geminaes could add a "want" field to public teleports... ;)

:lol:

Closing per request of the OP. Please look at individual BSA suggestion threads to continue discussion.