RupturedRaptor

What is the reason for not allowing scroll name changes?

Hello! I've recently been changing my username on more or less every site I actively use due to personal reasons surrounding my old username. I've changed my forum name here, however when trying to find out how to change my scroll name I found out that this isn't actually possible. I'm curious to know if there's a reason for this, such as something to do with how the site works? I looked through every 'can't change my scroll name' topic I could find but I haven't come across a logical reason. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, I'm simply curious, thats all. ^^

I apologise if this is better suited to other sections of the forum! I wasn't entirely sure where to post this.

Edited by RupturedRaptor

Only TJ09 really knows. 

There was a time when he would change scroll names by pm on a case by case basis, but I don't think he does that now. I think he may be planning on making a change to the site to make it possible for us to change our own scroll names, but if so, it hasn't happened yet. 

If it were to happen, retaining old name history is important - to make sure we can see who we are dealing with in trades - so whoever you don't want to see you possibly still could.

That said - if it were a case of actual stalking or danger of some kind, I imagine TJ could help. AFAIK that was the kind of reason he changed a few in the past.

I guess the reason is that the function to change your own username never got programmed into the site, and thus needs to be done manually by TJ. Since the number of active users has increased considerably since the site went online, heeding every username change request will end up to be overwhelming pretty quickly.