hedy

Midsummer Massbreed-week

On 22nd of June the day is the longest on the northern hemisphere, marking the day of Summer Solstice! Also known as Midsummer, this day is celebrated widely around the world, so why wouldn’t we celebrate it here on Dragon Cave as well? And what better way to honor summer and sun than Color Week!

This idea was last implemented in this thread and I absolutely loved it back then. Breeding by color allows some variance so it’s not just one specific breed blocking the whole AP!

-----------------------------------------------------

Duration: 7 days (17th - 23rd of June) 

Theme: Colors                                      

-----------------------------------------------------

Day 1 (Monday 17th of June): Red & Pink

For example: Red, Royal Crimson, Black Tea, Crimson Flare, Hooktalon, Aeon, Balloon, Valentines, Pyrope, Almadine...

Day 2 (Tuesday 18th of June): Brown & Orange & Yellow

For example: Imps, Yellow Zuy, Pygmy, Ochredrake, Honey Drake, Pillow, Harvest, Shallow Water, Gold, Golden Wyvern, Leodon...

Day 3 (Wednesday 19th of June): Green

For example: Terrae, BBW, Tangar, Anagallis, Almerald, Olive, Magelight, Greater Spotted, Summer, Vine, Gaia, Mint, Fever, Frill...

Day 4 (Thursday 20th of June): Blue

For example: Waterhorse, Water, Split, Kyanite, Morphodrake, Royal Blue, Coastal Waverunner, Moonstone, Tetra, Razorcrest, Thunder, Ice...

Day 5 (Friday 21st of June): Purple

For example: Nhio, Brute, Purple Dorsal, Purple Ridgewing, Purple Neb, Horse, Soulstone, Witchlight, Sakuhana, Purple Floret...

Day 6 (Saturday 22nd of June): Black & White & Grey

For example: White, Black, Monarch, Albino, Grave, Turpentine, Marrow, Desipis, Falconiform, Ember, Frostbite, Ash, Stone, Boreal, Pipio, Dark Myst, Magma...

Day 7 (Sunday 23rd of June): Catch-up/All of the rest -Day!

Breed colors for any day you missed or for any day you had too many dragons and didn't finish breeding. This is a good day to breed those breeds that don’t seem to fit in any of the color categories.

--------------------------------------------------

The examples are just examples, there’s obviously more dragons in these colors than the ones listed, and you can interpret the colors anyway you like. Differently colored pairs and lineages can be be bred on the day of your own choosing. This can also be a LOT of breeding, so feel free to join in in anyway you like! You can breed as much or as little as you want, and only participate on the days you want to. The focus is on nice lineages: even gens, 2nd gens, checkers, spirals, stairs, arrows etc.

If you want to sign up for reminders for the start of the massbreed and every individual day, please post it on this thread! I’m hoping we could do some raffles for the participants of the massbreed, so keep your eyes open for that!

Users signed up for reminders:

relaks

Sazandora

Kaityn

Kurokosworth

HeatherMarie

Reykur

Terces

dustpuppy

Jazeki

Aqub

Natayah

Suzumiya

Rememberdrgns

------------------------------------------

Active raffles:

Kick-Off Raffle ~

Edited by hedy

Where I live we always celebrate "Sant Joan", the night of the 23rd and it's one of my favorite nights of the year! It's usually celebrated with friends on the street, where there's party everywhere and people are allowed to light firecracker. There are big (and controlled) bonfires on the street where people burn their old, unused things  as a symbol that marks new beginnings. It's great! So yay, I'm all for celebrating here in DC too!

Mark me up for a reminder at the start of the massbreed though, please, because I'll be deep in my last week of final exams and will probably forget!

Hmm, sure. I don't think I'll have a lot to do at around that time, except maybe if I'm away from home. I could use a reminder, though. But in any case -- I'm in! :)

I'll definitely try to join in, though I have a limited number of clean/low-gens. It would be awesome to see some color-walls in the AP! I'd like a reminder, too.

You've all been added to the remainder list! Great to hear that you're interested in the massbreed ^_^ 

@relaks That sounds like a great celebration! Here in Finland we celebrate Juhannus on Midsummer and it's probably the biggest annual holiday after Christmas. People usually go to summer cottages etc, eat barbecue food and also light bonfires! 

Really like the idea! Looking forward to color walls in the AP, and with the breed variation it's definitly going to be interesting rather than annoying!

pls put me down for a reminder aswell :D

Edited by Reykur

I'd like a reminder, please. :D I really love this idea, especially because it will allow for some variety after a massbreed, and since it includes many breeds, I'll be able to contribute a lot more than usual!

Edited by Aqub

I want a reminder, I want to help promote and support, and I want to get people to kick their bums over here cuz I know they will love participating cuz they are always so much fun! So feel free to post reminders if I forget in the Player Events & Activities Thread, especially a week before, and a few days before, so people don't forget because.... people do. Even if they sign up for reminders! Some of us are ..... well life. Life is the focus, then we remember to log in and go, oh yah that thing.... But I love it and I wanted to do it!!! At least this is a full week so anyone late to the party can have plenty of time to have fun and make up time and effort and do as much or at little as they like! Fun so much color!

Two days until we begin! Thank you @pinkgothic for the Lunar Herald tip, let's keep that in mind! Reminders have been sent (sorry for being a bit late with this) and then again on Monday morning. Keep your eye on this thread, there might be a raffle coming up 👀

I remember when we did this before. I will be trying to breed at least a few each day. The AP times are nice and low and this could help keep them that way! :D

Oh yeah. This'll be fun. I have so many Black Teas...prepare for a Black Tea wave in the cave! I'd like a reminder.

For people breeding reds and pinks, if they're CB...could you breed them with each other? I need some 2G reds and pinks from Red fathers/pink mothers! XD

Midsummer Colorweek Massbreed starts TOMORROW! To kick things off, I’m hosting a raffle for a 2G Prize hatchling from female Bronze Shimmer and Green Copper. The hatchling will (unfortunately) gender male. The winner will be drawn and announced on 17th of June at 3AM Cave time, and the winner will have 24 hours to pick the hatchling up. Everyone can participate in this raffle even if you're not participating in the massbreed!

raffle.png.8dc291355e3a7cdbf29f1e22534a2740.png

PARTICIPATE HERE - Good luck everyone! ^_^ 

edit. Raffle closed! The winner has been contacted, thank you everyone for participating :) 

Edited by hedy

Sounds like fun! I'll see what I can contribute. :)

And that's a wrap for day 1. Whew, had 12 pages of dragons to sort through. I tried rainbow sorting at first to se which dragons I should breed today, but I'm too used to breed sort when looking at the breeding list so I had to resort to guesswork. I spent around two whole hours breeding stuff, tried lots of new pairings and bred some old pairs as well. Sent a huge army of 2Gs, a tiny handful of 3Gs and one 4G straight to the AP. And plenty of messy Reds and Pinks thrown in, too. Who could've guessed that mindlessly pairing up messy dragons could be so fun? :D

Question: do Siyats count as brown-colored dragons, or green/blue/purple based on their variations?

1 hour ago, Sazandora said:

Question: do Siyats count as brown-colored dragons, or green/blue/purple based on their variations?

I would say green, blue, purple, as that's how people ask for them in trades.