borntobefree

ANSWERED:Stolen trade

I breed my bronze shimmer prize and got a prize egg I had set up a one way trade with someone. She has not been on since April 30th, so the link I sent her was never claimed by her, and someone now has claimed the prize with that link, but their scroll is blocked so i can not see who owns it, this is the link to the little guy someone hasn't been on since the 30th and the only place that link is posted  is in her messages, which shows she hasn't accessed it. Unless there is another way to access that, I think someone stole her egg. Ig she managed to get it somehow without accessing her messages I am sorry for the confusion, in which case the message system isn't working, because its not showing she accessed it. If I saw she accessed it I'd know it was her, and she's really busy right now, but I am afraid someone else has taken her egg, she didn't need to send me an email to let me know, because the message sysem would have shown she read it and I would have know that means she took it. 

If she has email notifications set up she can read the message through her email and claim the egg and I don't believe that that shows in the forum PM system. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong!)

But I don't know of any way that anyone else could claim the egg if the only place the link was posted was in a private message to her.

So she could have it then? hmmm the link has been up almost two weeks, was getting nervous she'd miss it. Is there any way to know the right person has it?

25 minutes ago, borntobefree said:

So she could have it then? hmmm the link has been up almost two weeks, was getting nervous she'd miss it. Is there any way to know the right person has it?

Message her and ask for her to confirm that she got it. But I think purplehaze is right in that she probably claimed it via her email.

Yes, you can open PMs in your email and the forum won't show it as read. If the link wasn't posted anywhere else, it's likely your intended person got it.

I did message her, he email and even her profile show she hasn't been on since the 30th, if she doesn't have notifications set to on. Then someone else has her egg, which should be impossible. I'm hoping its as Purple said, and she got the link from her email, and since she hasn't been here in the site she wasn't able to tell me she got it

ok Thanks Kaini, the fact it wasn't being shown as read and her not having been on the forums site got me scared someone script broke the trade link

30 minutes ago, borntobefree said:

even her profile show she hasn't been on since the 30th,

That doesn't actually mean a lot, since logging on with the "Sign in anonymously" option checked does not change that date. Compare my profile to this post date ;)

Thank You all, I was just so nervous that she didn't get it. That explains a lot.  Did not know signing in anonymously doesn't register a date.