Starscream

Forum Skin Request: Night Mode.

Yes please. Paint it all black or dark blue or whatever, I don't care as long as it's a dark color. No migrane issues here but I sure love a good dark mode, it's a lot easier for my eyes.

I would like to add my support to this, yes please, a darker option would be wonderful.

I'm pretty sure I already voiced support for this, but the layout update isn't the best for my eyes. Please add a night/dark mode.

I definitely support this. I often find myself to avoid browsing the forums too much due to its light skin, because it's just too bright compared to any other application that I have. It's almost a priority in any site that I go to to have the Dark/Night Mode. Especially unpleasant when I have been reading something with dark background and hearing notification alerting me to new posts in thread... and then I just squeak and squint my eyes for a moment due to brightness of the forums just to read what there is.

i do hate how limited the options are for forum skins, theres only the default and then .. invision blue? which IMO makes it kinda worse when you're sensitive to bright lights LOL. i'm sure theres a dark mode supported on forum platforms to be able to select, i don't imagine that this request would be THAT hard to implement, especially when its literally painful for some people to look at. that kinda really sucks imo. we NEED a dark mode here, i use the portal 2 skin for dragon cave itself because the default skin is a bit too bright for me even there XD 

I'd love a totally basic grey and nothing much else skin, myself.... I am told (ages ago) that the blue is invision's default vanilla theme. I don't see it as very vanilla-ish, myself.

I'd love a vanilla-coloured theme XD

But yes, I also work on the black screen with light text on it, and checking this forum in between is harsh ...

Support entirely. Eyestrain from bright white websites sucks, and there are others out there who have it even worse than I do, and while extensions are great, it's even better to have an option native to the site.

I think when I posted my topic (sorry about that btw. one should not internet while half asleep) in the help section I totally didn't see this topic started here, but I 100% support this.

I also suffer migraines and even the dimmest light sometimes feels like it wants to burn my eyes. hence why any site I frequent that has a night mode is used and set. 

At risk of sounding desperate- please; I need this! A lot of the time my screen dimmer is simply not enough.

I support this, but I feel like this might be better in the "Forum Feedback" topic rather than on it's own.

EDIT: IGNORE THAT. I'm a little dumb tonight. Anyway, I support it.

Edited by PokeCat

Support this would help a lot of people's eyes, including my own.

Mabe also on mobile would be nice :) great idea.

I've posted here before and am still in total support of a dark theme, but I'd like to mention:

Those of you who are at least on firefox (it might be on other browsers, I don't know) can use the addon DarkReader until we get a real dark theme. Unfortunately, while it worked flawlessly before, the forum update broke parts of it so that there's some white parts DarkReader can't affect (notification/PM menus, a white box around Quick Reply) but in a pinch it's been good.

Support!

I've made adjustments in my phone to try and minimize the eye strain but alternative skins would be a big help. 

+1 support for this. I use night mode on basically every site that has one available. 🤣

Support! I always use Night/Dark mode on everything possible, I'd definitely use it on the forums here.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:40 AM, Starscream said:

I was hoping that it would be possible to create a night mode for Dragoncave forums. The site itself is fine.

As as a person who suffers frequent migraine attack, (and has one right now) the white in the text area is searingly bright (photo sensitivity during attacks). And nightmode skins really ease the pain resulting from the brightness. There are days I feel like the vampires i collect. sensitive to light, and about to turn into a pillar of salt - which incidentally is an enticing idea.

As someone who gets migraine, as frequently as I do, its difficult to simply avoid using computers for the duration (except for the most severe of them, which this current one might become) - so please don't suggest that.

twitter, twitch and a few other sites have a night  mode option, and its positively delightful.

Please TJ ❤️

Strongly support. I also have debilitating migraines. Why. HASN’T this been implemented yet? It shouldn’t even take a special suggestion to do this.