Starscream

Forum Skin Request: Night Mode.

I was hoping that it would be possible to create a night mode for Dragoncave forums. The site itself is fine.

As as a person who suffers frequent migraine attack, (and has one right now) the white in the text area is searingly bright (photo sensitivity during attacks). And nightmode skins really ease the pain resulting from the brightness. There are days I feel like the vampires i collect. sensitive to light, and about to turn into a pillar of salt - which incidentally is an enticing idea.

As someone who gets migraine, as frequently as I do, its difficult to simply avoid using computers for the duration (except for the most severe of them, which this current one might become) - so please don't suggest that.

twitter, twitch and a few other sites have a night  mode option, and its positively delightful.

Please TJ ❤️

Edited by Starscream

As someone who also has periods of extreme light sensitivity I would love this!

Supporting this, just as someone who uses their laptop a lot in the dark.

A nightly theme would be really easy on the eyes so I fully support this idea. Especially if the white background color could be changed into some kind of a pleasant shade of dark blue.

Yes please, i am scrolling the page every day when i am in my bed. At this time its too bright for my eyes. 

A bright site needs more energy of ur tablet or smartphone.

I'd love this for the mobile version too.

Yes please. I'm also photosensitive due to head problems (not migraines in my case) and a darker forum skin would help so much.

Support, as someone who just generally prefers night mode, and for the reasons stated above by those who need it.

This would be awesome, I often browse the forums in the dark :)

As long as it's optional. Not least because TIMEZONES ! But there ARE very good addons where you can modify things - fLux is one such.

https://justgetflux.com

(OMG does it EVER have exciting options. I just terrified myself with darkroom mode...)

49 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As long as it's optional.

The skin selection menu is at the bottom of every forum page. It's your own decision what you do with that.

But firstly, a dark skin needs to be installed to the forum, in order to be selectable here.

I thought the idea was to have a night mode for our existing skins. But fLux does it all :)

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As long as it's optional. Not least because TIMEZONES ! But there ARE very good addons where you can modify things - fLux is one such.

https://justgetflux.com

(OMG does it EVER have exciting options. I just terrified myself with darkroom mode...)

yeah, it would have to be. Night mode is generally a dark skin selection you can keep on night or day - I leave night mode on on most sites because of photo sensitivity. It would have to be optional.

I'd like just a single night mode option. Yesterday's migraine was really rough,I had to go find total darkness.

Edited by Starscream

I would like this! Night mode is much easier on the eyes in the dark.

Definite support on this! Even sitting here now, my eyes are burning from the brightness of my screen.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:13 AM, Starscream said:

yeah, it would have to be. Night mode is generally a dark skin selection you can keep on night or day - I leave night mode on on most sites because of photo sensitivity. It would have to be optional.

I'd like just a single night mode option. Yesterday's migraine was really rough,I had to go find total darkness.

Yeah... I would envision this acting like that 'blue-light' mode on my my pad which I can turn on and off at will. Not the colors it produces necessarily but that one could toggle it on or off.

As to the idea itself... I see no issue with it. :) 

I don't suffer from migraines myself but for those that do I see how it could be helpful, and for those that don't... at night it still might be useful?

Edited by JavaTigress

I would like this. I do have flux and my phone adjusts for night time on its own, but a dark skin would be wonderful.