InfiniteGalaxiezz05

DUPLICATE:Show UNLOCKED Egg Sprites In Cave

So recently I saw a suggestion for showing all egg sprites in the cave. It got rejected, but I think there should still be a way to see them if you've unlocked the egg. This can prevent people from getting duplicates/misclicks when completing their scrolls. It can also go the other way, helping people get unlocked eggs, for lineages.  It will also keep the fun of "mystery eggs", because it only shows the ones you've already unlocked anyways.  Just to clarify, I am suggesting that the eggs sprites be shown only if its is UNLOCKED IN THE ENCYCLOPEDIA.  For the altable eggs: Show it only if it's one that you've unlocked? Like for ridgewings, let's say for example you've only unlocked the purple ones.  So if the egg is purple, it will show, and if it's tan, it will be the question mark egg. Also, This can be a setting that will be toggle-able for the people who like everything to be unknown.

Edited by InfiniteGalaxiezz05

The descriptions are almost all unique. Sorry but I don't support this at all.

I'd be cool with this, actually. Seems fairer and a nice QOL update imo

What do you propose to do about the alts, for instance ? ridgies, dorsals., sun/moonstones.

Take a look at the other thread for some of the reasoning here. 

I think misclicks are part of the game, and not a problem that we should be trying to get rid of altogether. I like needing a moment to process a description, I like the risk of picking up something I might not want, and I'm a little concerned that getting rid of those two things would make it even harder for people who don't have great connections, or people who aren't interested in getting 1 of each egg. I don't like the idea of new players needing to compete with people who know the descriptions and are able to see the eggs.

34 minutes ago, Dew said:

I don't like the idea of new players needing to compete with people who know the descriptions and are able to see the eggs.

I think this is the biggest problem for me. I feel like making a divide like this only widens the gap between new players and old players, and for what? I feel like seeing the sprites while hunting won't add much at all. I too see misclicks as part of the game (and you can absolutely misclick with pictures too in the hype of the moment). I feel like showing egg pictures will remove the last mini difficulty/challenge we have in this simple game. It just feels unnecessary.

39 minutes ago, Dew said:

I think misclicks are part of the game, and not a problem that we should be trying to get rid of altogether. I like needing a moment to process a description, I like the risk of picking up something I might not want, and I'm a little concerned that getting rid of those two things would make it even harder for people who don't have great connections, or people who aren't interested in getting 1 of each egg. I don't like the idea of new players needing to compete with people who know the descriptions and are able to see the eggs.

This, very much.

As I've mentioned before in an older thread, a lot of Suggestions here seem to be sold as 'helping players' in some way, but would they *actually* be helping a large number of players? Probably not. There are multiple reasons why this suggestion would help only a select portion of users and/or greatly hinder other users, not least of which is the newbie vs older players. If you have to have the eggs unlocked to see them, that puts newer players who haven't unlocked stuff at a distinct disadvantage. It also disadvantages anyone who hasn't memorized what every single egg looks like, which I'm sure is a *lot* of people, not just newbies. The emphasis on descriptions in the biomes up to this point means it's very likely that people will simply get confused and hesitate when seeing the eggs themselves. 

Also, the issue of alts is *still* an issue, regardless of the 'unlocking' requirement. Of course I'm not TJ, but I'm pretty darn sure there are *reasons* we don't know if dorsals/etc are regular or alt until we pick them up. Same with breeds that share a description, actually. Those things were not done on accident, it's *supposed* to be like that, and being able to see the eggs before we grab them would completely defeat that.

I don't see how this suggestion is any better than the other and frankly your revisions did NOT solve all the issues. Most older players have all the egg sprites unlocked. So this DOES give them an advantage over newer players that don't.

Yes, I get frustrated when it takes me an instant to identify that Zyu definition (or forget which biome I am in, so don't know if that's the one I need) and so miss clicking fast enough or misclick on one I don't need. But that is just a part of the game and I think it makes things more interesting and challenging. I don't see this improving the game at all and it would make it less fair than it is now.

3 hours ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

For the altable eggs: Show it only if it's one that you've unlocked? Like for ridgewings, let's say for example you've only unlocked the purple ones.  So if the egg is purple, it will show, and if it's tan, it will be the question mark egg. Also, This can be a setting that will be toggle-able for the people who like everything to be unknown.

Nope. It gives people who already HAVE tans and reds an unfair advantage.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Also, the issue of alts is *still* an issue, regardless of the 'unlocking' requirement. Of course I'm not TJ, but I'm pretty darn sure there are *reasons* we don't know if dorsals/etc are regular or alt until we pick them up. Same with breeds that share a description, actually. Those things were not done on accident, it's *supposed* to be like that, and being able to see the eggs before we grab them would completely defeat that.

This is a really good point. I also think similar descriptions (so not even the exact same one) are done on purpose. I think that's part of the game. Otherwise there'd be zero challenge in this already quite simple game XD

I agree with @Cinspawn. I said it in the other thread, and I will say it again here. At its heart this is a very easy game to play. Its few little quirks like the mystery eggs keep it more interesting.

I'm gonna reject the idea, but I did put some thought into it. Initially I did think its a neat idea...

For example, the only possible benefit I could see with having all the eggs exposed, is if the description is axed with it. So you see the egg, but no cute description (Hey I love the descriptions) the benefit I speak of is script users (rare incidence) may have a harder time pinpointing target eggs - particularly if the image of the egg is using the code of the egg. I am sure there is a work around, there always is.

This idea starts to fall flat if the unlocked eggs show and the alts of that breed are not revealed, in essence, you can still figure out who is who by the description and whether or not its revealed or not.

As others have said, this is an easy game to play. Miss clicks are a part of the game and for a game to remain fun, there should be some level of challenge to it - this does add that level of challenge.

Please:

• Use the search feature before creating a new topic to make sure you are not recreating an already created topic.
  • Look for the correct section to place a topic in before creating your topic.
  • Read the pinned topics to make sure that any questions you have are not already answered.

If you do not understand why this topic has been closed in this manner, feel free to contact me.