Moonlight_Eevee

ANSWERED:Dragon Cave Raffle- Increase the Pool of Winners

Support. I would really love to see this happen. I know a lot of people want something to be done about the raffle, and I think increasing the pool of winners is the simplest way to do that something. :)

+1 to @osean's post. To be honest...it does seem like there is a bit of prejudice against winners that surfaces in discussions like these. I'm not sure if that's due to lingering bitterness over the "elitism" that supposedly existed during the early holiday raffles or just jealousy. I feel like a portion of non-winners think that having a CB Prize is more special than it really is. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for my Silver Tinsel, but not because I can trade her babies for rares (spoiler alert: she rarely even pops out shiny eggs anyway). I do trade about half of her offspring, but most of my trades have been for fairly low prices so that less fortunate players can have an easier time getting 2Gs--something I really struggled with before I won. The rest are raffled or glomp gifted. I could just only breed her for myself and cut that stress out of my life, but I don't because I enjoy making others happy. I don't know, it just kind of stings to be referred to as selfish when so many of us actually want to share our shiny babies with the rest of the community. I can't name very many winners that actually care about preserving trade value.

I agree that the distribution of CB Prizes could be improved, but I don't think tackling that issue with a personal argument is the solution (ex. others shouldn't win more than once because you haven't won at all). Everyone deserves a chance to win their favorite Prize variant. The odds are fair. It just comes down to luck. That's why adding Prizes to the Market would be great, but I don't imagine that TJ will be doing that any time soon. So I guess all we can ask for right now is more Prizes in each raffle.

+1 to 'adding more winners per raffle' from me!

Admittedly that is MAINLY from the purely selfish motivation of 'more winners being picked means more chances for yours truly to be selected as one'.

On the other HAND I can see the benefits of having more prizes around over all, too. AND as for 'value' I think  prizes BEING so overvalued was, for a while, a HUGE problem, actually.

The situation has improved, slowly but surely and this would move it further in the right direction. 

38 minutes ago, osean said:

As a past winner, I don’t give a fig bar about the value. If I had my way I would pull an Oprah and give everyone a prize. The value for me is to have as many little prize babies as I can on my scroll no matter the lineage. I love seeing new winners lineages and would love to see many more. 

Right on. And the more people who can enjoy doing that, the better, in my book.

19 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Absolutely agreed. Though I would also state that IF I were a winner, I wouldn't be above making a few beneficial trades with my prize babs to get me closer to my goals for my scroll.

A little hard to blame others if they do the same.

At said, i would like to think i would gift some also.

Edited by JavaTigress

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Exactly this. 

I've admitted before, I don't really care about getting a CB Prize, because CBs aren't 'special' to me in the first place. My fighting for more winners, or Prizes in the Market, or whatever, is not for *me* at all. It's for DC in general. It's for the userbase as a whole. I personally don't believe that having ridiculously-rare CBs that only a tiny portion of users are able to get is good for DC in general. I see how excited people are when they *do* win (see the raffle thread in Site Discussion) and I see how many people get disappointed every month. I would love to see *more* people getting excited, and getting that 'special' thing that they really want. I personally don't like 'elitism' in any form when it comes to games, especially 'elitism' that's made purely by chance with absolutely no way to influence your chances or work towards what you want. I want to see more users get CB Prizes because it will help alleviate some of that inequality, it will make a lot of people very happy (even by the extension of simply having more 2nd-gen opportunities), etc.

13 hours ago, Husky51 said:

However that being said and regardless of my one win, I feel that to increase the number of winners each month IMO lessens the personal worth and/or value to the winners.

Strongly disagree. I was really excited when I won my Prize, and I still value her as special. That value wouldn't decrease for me at all if there were more people who won. I still have the excitement of winning, and I still have a pretty sprite who looks good next to her mate on lineages. I still get to look at her progeny and see pretty checkers and stairs that have been built by people I traded with. None of that goes away if more people win prizes. On the contrary, more prizes out there means my dragon's offspring will have more opportunities to mate and form nice lineages to look at.

The only way the value is lessened is in the sense of how much the eggs are worth on the Trading Hub. Now, I'll admit it is nice to have valuable eggs that I can offer on things I want, but to keep winner numbers low for that reason just seems greedy.

I did manage to win, once, but I still want to see this for others.  Though with as few prize eggs as mine produces, I'm certainly not getting much "value"; not that I'm trying....I traded exactly one shiny egg for the one dragon I couldn't get on my own.  all the others have been gifted. 

Another point to consider: if the number of winners is upped, everyone has a higher chance at the prize varieties they really want, previous winners or not. And prize winners will have more fellow winners to trade and make lineages with. Upping the prize pool will benefit more people than it will detract from no matter how many are added.

47 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Another point to consider: if the number of winners is upped, everyone has a higher chance at the prize varieties they really want, previous winners or not. And prize winners will have more fellow winners to trade and make lineages with. Upping the prize pool will benefit more people than it will detract from no matter how many are added.

Very good point. Given the number of '2nd-gen swaps only' trades I *still* see, increasing the number of people who actually have the ability to offer on those trades can only be a good thing right?? 

With 8 years of entering raffles and getting absolutely nothing I genuinely don't know why I bother trying to enter anymore. With such a track record it feels like not entering gives me the same odds as actually going through with it. And I'll be honest! It makes me incredibly jealous of those who win twice and those who win in their first year of DC! It really feels like it just hammers home how I'm never getting a CB. All the raffle does is cause divide in the community. Either the prize pool needs to be upped by quite a bit or there needs to be some alternative way of getting Prizes other than hoping RNG won't screw you over for almost a decade. That's utterly ridiculous to ask of your players.

With the new announcement, this can be closed now