Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

salijackt

Rawr!

Hello! I'm new and tired of boring "Hello, I'm new!" introduction posts.  Not that this is much better.  Because I still don't know what to say 🙂

Um, I joined Dragon Cave a few days ago and have three dragons all grown up and a small collection of hatchlings and eggs.  My favorite so far is the common pygmy and I'm hoping to find some more of the pygmy species!  They are so tiny and cute, I just love the little hatchling pygmies! 🤩

I do have one question - all of my dragons but one are female?  Is there something I am supposed to do or something to influence gender or something I'm doing wrong?  Or have I just flipped the coin to the female side too many times!  I'm happy that I do have a male Bleeding Moon AND a female so I'm waiting for him to grow up (currently a winged hatchling) so that I can maybe have some little babies!

Hello and welcome!

The male/female thing is just luck. It'll balance out as you get more dragons :)

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

Hello and welcome!

The male/female thing is just luck. It'll balance out as you get more dragons :)

Cool, that is what I figured, it just seemed like I had a LOT of female-ness :D  I wanted to be sure that there wasn't anything based on real life reptiles or anything where "temperature" affected gender and there was something I should be doing in game to affect it.

Welcome to DC forum! Hope you enjoy!

Try to get Pink Dragons. You can influence their gender with them :) 

16 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

Welcome to DC forum! Hope you enjoy!

Try to get Pink Dragons. You can influence their gender with them :) 

Ooo!  I'm not a huge fan of the color pink, but that is definitely worth it!  For some reason I thought it was purple dragons and just picked up a purple egg this morning, oops :P

Welcome to the forums and to DC! I wish you good luck collecting pygmies, they're particularly cute, aren't they? :D

Hi and welcome, salijackt! :)

I had a mentor when I was new to DC and they were very helpful in teaching me the game. :)

ETA: Purples are very handy, too, as they help prevent dragons rejecting each other (if they reject, they can never mate with each other again). Pinks are a staple as well. I have heard various things about the male/female ratio; now your question has me curious again!

Enjoy DC! :nyan: