Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solaries

Hello, Everyone

I'm Solaries, or Sol for short.

I joined Dragon Cave on March 18th and am new to these forums. I'm just starting out my dragon list and reading up on all the different dragons on the Wiki page made me wonder if I'll ever obtain a "rare" dragon on my own. Yesterday, I did acquire a rare egg from the caves and was very fortunate to have "stolen" it. I thought it wouldn't ever happen, but it did - which gave me hope to keep searching. It just goes to show that patience is a virtue, lol. I'm still learning about all these different types of lineages and how some lineages may appear "messy" to me may not appear messy at all to others. There are some cases when I get an egg from the AP that have "arrowhead" lineages. I'm wondering if I should breed my dragon or not to continue the pattern or just retire them altogether. I have opted for the latter as I don't want to mess up the lineage (and work) the previous owner has put in.

Other than that, I'm slowly (attempting) to put my own lineages, breeding, collecting, etc. It's also nice to see a raffle on the site as it gives others a chance (even newbies) to get a very rare dragon. I do occasionally look at the trading page to see if there are any I can fulfill. So far, there's none, lol. But, that's probably because I've only just begun. Then there's the whole market aspect to the site which I'm still unsure if it's frowned upon to breed a dragon that came from the market. If someone could answer that for me, that would be much appreciated. I've been hesitant to purchase any eggs from the market because I'm not sure what the "rules" are for that section and the interactions with other dragons. Also, please be patient with me - still learning all the terminology of Dragon Cave, lol.

Thanks for your time and hopefully this introduction didn't waste too much of your time! 🙃

Hello and welcome to the forum :D

Market eggs are essentially the same as caveborn eggs - they just note on their page they came from the market. There's no difference in lineages. They function the same for breeding purposes!

21 hours ago, Kaini said:

Hello and welcome to the forum :D

Market eggs are essentially the same as caveborn eggs - they just note on their page they came from the market. There's no difference in lineages. They function the same for breeding purposes!

Thank you for the welcome and answering my question. It's much appreciated!

16 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

Welcome to DC!

We were all newbie once, good luck! XD 

Thank you! Yes, that's true. Appreciate it!

Welcome to DC, @Solaries! You remind me of me when I started; I had lots of questions. (I still do; haha!)

I got myself a mentor and it was a real help to me. You can check out The Mentoring Project here:

Good luck and enjoy DC! ^_^ :nyan:

@missy_ sorry for the late response! I think as time goes on, I have even more questions. I try to Google all my answers, but sometimes there's no answer for such a specific question. I also don't want to ask it here since it might be a repeated question, so I just go with the flow, basically, lol.

Thank you very much for the link and offer! I will definitely check it out. 😊

@Solaries The mentors here are great; having one helped me get a lot more enjoyment out of DC. ^_^ There is no one right way to “play” as everyone wants different things, and everyone has different questions. There is no stupid question, and my mentor had the patience of a saint LOL as I had many questions :lol: You’re right; there is no way to google all the info and even the wiki can’t answer everything. I am one of those super detail oriented people that needs answers LOL I probably had a longer period before “graduating” and even then, (there is no test, don’t worry LOL) your mentor is always there if you get stuck. After awhile I was flying on my own power. Good luck and I hope you give it a shot! You can either PM a mentor directly to request they mentor you (see post 2 in that thread; the ones that have their name underlined can be PM’d about being your mentor) or just post in the thread and someone will respond. :nyan: Good luck whatever you decide! 

@missy_ Aw, that’s great that your mentor really helped you out! It’s great to see a site helping each other be successful. I’ll most likely post in the thread as soon as finals are over, lol. Thank you again! You’ve been super helpful (and friendly, too)! 😊