Shirubia

Eggs and Treats of previous years.

Sorry if this has been discussed any time before, but I wasn't able to find anything, so please don’t yell at me for making dumb suggestions.

Was seeing that there were some other people that had missed some of the Easter eggs this year and some previous ones.... So I was wondering, if Halloween/Christmas/Valentines dragons got a special biome to obtain them CB, why couldn’t treats/eggs be the same? Collect all the available treats/eggs for the year and if there is still some time left before the event ends you can get some of the treats/eggs of previous years if you missed them. It could help the people that missed one year due to X or Y reasons or new players that started later than 2010.

Just a small thought that came to my head. Thank you for reading, and my apologies if it is too dumb or useless of a suggestion. 

EDIT: Aaaaand once again I wasnt able to log in for two days, so Im down to the last day of the 2020 egg hunt

Edited by Shirubia

I have nothing against this despite having collected every egg and treat since the beginning.  But I also don't see it happening giving that there is no in game purpose. 

The only in game pourpose i can see is to perfectly collect everything, including badges that are part of the collecting game we play.

Support from me, even I collected every single little thing except Treats of Halloween 2011.

I would personally find a way to do this collecting of old eggs and Treats as a fun actvity during some other major event.

Examples:

- For DC Birthday there could be a small game where you can select a specfic year and festivity ( example: Easter 2013) and all the collectables of that event start dropping on your account. This can be redone every year, until you get everything you missed.

- During Halloween and Easter events make the old Treats and Eggs drop in a specific biome. Only the ones you havent collected yet will appear.

- Make a buyable bag on the market. A bag for Easter 2013, a bag for Halloween 2015 and so on. They cost something like 5000 shards each but they contain all treats of that event.

- Implement a system to give views and unique views inside the game. Expcially helpful to new players who don't know they have to use an external sites to make eggs hatch and grow (Like the allure of neglecting dragons for example). Every TOT growing  dragons you click on a small egg or treat drops in your account for you to collect.

These are just examples of how i would implement it.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I would really like this. I think being able to collect them after gathering all the current year's eggs or treats would be the best way to handle it. I'm not a fan of making it cost shards.

Support from me. My Seeker eggs like to be with their friends - I see no harm in it.

Personally, I'm in favor. And all I'm missing is one year's complete set of easter eggs. Nothing major.

I think the best way to implement this is that *during the event* (ToT, egghunt), once you've collected all the eggs/treats of the current year, the game goes back the the year before that - until all eggs/treats are collected, then to the year before that - until either the event ends or you have collected everything. This way, you'd have to spend the same amount of effort as someone who was there when the original release happened, yet gives you the option to complete your collection. Just buying a whole set from the market - even for an exorbitant price - cheapens the accomplishment needlessly.

Oh I love it! Holidays can be pretty busy for people, so people often miss out on getting all the eggs. Plus it would be really nice to have the full collection even if you started late.

Full support, as someone who was on hiatus multiple times during FoE in past years.

I would rather they just start dropping after collecting all of a given year's eggs and treats, possibly working backwards in years (so getting the full set of the original one, if you missed it, is still somewhat special). So for example, after collecting 2020's eggs, you'd start getting 2019, then 2018, etc etc.

Would definitely appreciate this. The timing of those events is very limited(fery short window + too long intervals) and not always doable for adult people with an adult life, and not only to them but to any people busy with various real life matters they can't give up.
I myself would gladly take part in anything related to collectibles and even badges if given an opportunity.

Edited by VixenDra

Full support and I like @Keileon's idea.

I collected all the eggs this year, but I was absent for a few years and it'd be cool to see those eggs in my basket as well.

I fortunately have all the eggs but I fully support this for those who have missed eggs or past years.

Ooooh definite support. I'm always too busy at easter to be able to collect all the eggs- I'd love a chance to be able to get missed eggs again.

I'm definitely in support of this. I'm a completist, and have been collecting eggs since the very first Festival. My life has changed a lot over that period of time. Until 2016, I always had enough time to get all of the eggs, but then my life radically changed as I began my PhD work, and a lot of formerly free time evaporated. I was in the middle of assembling my reading lists and exam questions when the 2016 Festival of Eggs occurred, and forgot it was even going on until the third day because I was just that frazzled.  In 2017 I just barely managed to grab all of the eggs (my housemate wasn't quite so lucky), but I was in the middle of packing for a move in 2018 and had very little time to grab eggs, and I think I got less than half. This year, I've been sick, and spent an ungodly number of hours sleeping my misery away and then stressing over egg catching; I got all but one of them. Even just the thought, "if I don't catch them all now, maybe next year I'll have time to get some of the older ones" would have upped my enjoyment of the game, because at the end I was just frantic and frustrated and, tbh, cursing at the screen and wondering why I considered this a recreational activity. I collected the second-to-last egg at 11:45 and watched with growing horror as no new egg appeared after every refresh, as the clock inched closer and closer to midnight and finally struck it and that last egg was lost forever.

This game has already backtracked on a lot of things being "lost forever," so what we're asking for is definitely in keeping with the spirit of the game. Frills and Arias are back. It used to be that if you missed out on a CB Holiday/Halloween/Valentine's Day dragon, that was it; you would only ever own a bred one. That has changed. Even before that change, it used to be that once you had two of a specific Holiday or Valentine dragon, CB or bred, you couldn't get any more, but that limit was lifted as well. These were choices made to keep the game fun and inclusive for all of the players, and this would do the same.

I'm in favor of this. I was sick last year and only caught 2. My sister was also sick and managed to get only 10. This year we both managed to catch everything, but last years collection looks rather sad in our baskets.

15 hours ago, Keileon said:

Full support, as someone who was on hiatus multiple times during FoE in past years.

I would rather they just start dropping after collecting all of a given year's eggs and treats, possibly working backwards in years (so getting the full set of the original one, if you missed it, is still somewhat special). So for example, after collecting 2020's eggs, you'd start getting 2019, then 2018, etc etc.

Would love it if they implemented it like this.

It would also make it less disappointing if one Easter you can't catch all eggs because of life circumstances - because you know you can catch up next year.

That would be nice but... how would it work, especially with Easter where one only gets three days?

Edited by Whirlaway

If this is going to be implemented, then how we catch the treats/eggs has gotta change, especially if you are adding older eggs on top of the 50-60 treats/eggs from the current event.

There just won't be enough time if you missed a significant amount of eggs, especially multiple sets of eggs. 

I know I haven't collected half the eggs for some of the Festival events.

The current drop time for Festivals is around 10-15 minutes in my experience. That would give you 60 eggs in 10 hours at max or about 12.5 hours at minimum with variation due to the randomness of the drops, and unless you got the time to farm it all in one day, you'll have to find time to grab them in between normal daily activities and often special events (as these DC events often fall on or around real world holidays.) 

So, yeah. If you want this to happen, you need to also define how to give us enough time to get the older eggs.

Extending the event to a week long? Reducing drop times? A treats biome? 

idk

100% support this, I've got an entire year missing from this slipping my mind entirely and miscalculated on this last one and missed about half or more.

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

Extending the event to a week long? Reducing drop times? A treats biome? 

idk

I'd think reducing the time between drops would be the easiest and most widely beneficial. That would help people who don't need previous years but struggle to get them all in time because of the long drop rates, as well as helping the people who need past years too. I know some people strongly want more time in general, so I wouldn't mind extending the event longer than 3 days, but if that were to happen I'd still hope the drop times would change as well. 

I would think five minutes between eggs would be nice... 

6 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

I would think five minutes between eggs would be nice... 

Agreed. I don't know how often I refreshed the page after 14 minutes and was still waiting for an egg... (And, yes, I know it sometimes helps to refresh again, or even do a hard refresh if the last thing you had open on DC was the treat page.)

I'm definitely in favor of shorter time between drops (5 minutes sounds perfect) and extending the length of the event. If it has to be one or the other (why?) I'm fine with either. But I think Easter Sunday through the following Saturday or Sunday seems reasonable, and the same length of time for the Halloween drop. We get a week for holiday breeding and most of the other holiday events, so why not a week for egg/treat collecting?

1 hour ago, GhostMouse said:

I'm definitely in favor of shorter time between drops (5 minutes sounds perfect) and extending the length of the event. If it has to be one or the other (why?) I'm fine with either. But I think Easter Sunday through the following Saturday or Sunday seems reasonable, and the same length of time for the Halloween drop. We get a week for holiday breeding and most of the other holiday events, so why not a week for egg/treat collecting?

Yes. I support this suggestion ( I beleive I have missed a few eggs and treats over the years.

AT said, I DO think IF an opportunity to collect the extra eggs/treats were implemented SOMETHIGN would need to be changed to allow people enough time to collect both the NEW eggs and any that were missed from previous years ( WHICH might be full sets as some have pointed out). I liek GhostMouse's idea of decreasing the time between drops ( Which was an annoyance for me, collecting, anyway)... AND extending the time allotted for the hunt THOUGH as Ghost Mouse also said... either ONE by itself would be beneficial IF we can ONLY have one or the other.

Thinking about what people said in later posts... It could be done with something like this (just imo, TJ is the one with the last word after all), compromising with what we already have:  

- Eggs/treats have a respawn timer of 5-10 minutes, down from 5-15 minutes. If we average at 53 eggs/treats per year, you would be needing 4.4-8.8 hours in total for all the eggs/treats of a given year. 5 minutes per egg/treat would be the best, but it would get rid of the “hunting factor” and we would just be logging every 5 mins like a machine.

- Easter its extended two extra days for a total of five days to help with the previous years. Halloween unchanged. 

- Once you have collected all the eggs/treats for the current year, you obtain eggs/treats from previous years in order (2019, 2018, etc). If you have all the eggs/treats of X year you skip to the next possible year you are missing from.

Im missing something?

12 minutes ago, Shirubia said:

Thinking about what people said in later posts... It could be done with something like this (just imo, TJ is the one with the last word after all), compromising with what we already have:  

- Eggs/treats have a respawn timer of 5-10 minutes, down from 5-15 minutes. If we average at 53 eggs/treats per year, you would be needing 4.4-8.8 hours in total for all the eggs/treats of a given year. 5 minutes per egg/treat would be the best, but it would get rid of the “hunting factor” and we would just be logging every 5 mins like a machine.

- Easter its extended two extra days for a total of five days to help with the previous years. Halloween unchanged. 

- Once you have collected all the eggs/treats for the current year, you obtain eggs/treats from previous years in order (2019, 2018, etc). If you have all the eggs/treats of X year you skip to the next possible year you are missing from.

Im missing something?

Actually.... This sounds like a rather nice way of handling it. Of course, as you say, TJ gets the last word on it, BUT.... I like it.