Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Firstborn Dragon

Can't sort via ungrouped suddenly

Recommended Posts

Just started tonight.  I've been grabbing eggs for the holly contest, as well as a few others I collect.  I went to see which ones I haven't moved to groups yet, and when I try to sort by ungrouped nothing happens.  I can sort by  BSA, unamed, ready to breed, basically any other sort but ungrouped.  Whenever I try, the game just keeps me on the current sort method and doesn't do anything.

 

Never had this problem before not sure what's up.

Share this post


Link to post

Works okay for me. Are you making sure each pages loads fully before trying to sort to a different filter? I often have trouble going to different filters if the page doesn't load all the way.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Yes I have, and I've tried resetting too. 

 

I'll try opening the page again maybe that will fix it.  But I've tired 5 or 6 times and nothing.

 

Edit: I shut the page down and reopened it.  The moment I tried to sort by ungrouped firefox shot back this error at me:

 

Quote

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to dragcave.net.

    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

 

Edited by Firstborn Dragon

Share this post


Link to post

If you have lots of groups: try lowering "Number of dragons per-page" in your account settings. I had to set it to 200 to make the "Ungrouped" filter work again.

 

(The error message doesn't really look like that's the reason in your case, but you never know...)

Share this post


Link to post

Works for me @500 to the page  - but I don't have as many groups as some - about 30 I think....

Share this post


Link to post

Okay lowering it to 200 works.  Funny how there wasn't any problem before now, but who knows what FF is complaining about.

Share this post


Link to post

I suspect when a user reaches a certain number of groups, there is too much "which dragon is in which groups" data to be transferred, and somehow that breaks the connection or... something.

"Number of groups the user has" x "number of dragons on the requested page" = oh no!

And then the only way to reduce the data without deleting groups is reduce the number of dragons per page.

 

(I don't know the technical background of course, but at least this theory explains why the ungrouped filter problem only affects a handful of users, and why changing the number of dragons per page makes a difference.)

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.