TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

On another note, when one goes to your badges it says ”Earned by particpating in a Festival of Eggs event

Don’t know if you’re aware of the error in the word ‘participating” already 

12 minutes ago, jostensminyard said:

On another note, when one goes to your badges it says ”Earned by particpating in a Festival of Eggs event

Don’t know if you’re aware of the error in the word ‘participating” already 

guess the Bunny was in such a hare-ing hurry ... he got typo yolk on his message  :snicker:

btw ... good catch ... I wonder how long THAT was there  :hmm: :wink: :tongue:

I know I'm getting old when every year I understand less and less of the pop culture reference eggs 😅

14 minutes ago, orphaned said:

guess the Bunny was in such a hare-ing hurry ... he got typo yolk on his message  :snicker:

For quite a while I think - but I hadn't noticed the typo.

16 minutes ago, orphaned said:

I love you, bless your puns ❤️ they’re much needed

In all honesty, I only noticed it when I went to click on my basket

Loving the eggs.  I especially like the Stargate one which is very cleverly done.  Love that film and TV series. 

First egg I was able to find was a cherry blossom one, I believe. ^-^; I hope to find more! Thanks for the event! 😄

I got Egg Party as my first. I thought it was part of the ads at first.

Happy Easter!

1 hour ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Can I make a request? If the number of eggs goes up more and more as time goes by- granted the previous years never reached 60 but this year exceeds that with 62. If we see an increase of the number of FoE released can we get 5 days instead of 3? Some of us work and this is the first time in a 2 years that I'm unsure if I'm going to get all the eggs this year- I and a lot of people have to work over the course of the next 3 days (if we're including today) and that barely gives us enough time to be on DC, let alone trying to collect Easter eggs. Just a suggestion- take it or leave it as is *shrugs*

Actually previous years HAVE hit 62 before now. In 2015. 2016 was 60.

But I've got half of them already today, without even trying very hard.

Is anyone having the problem of a ridiculously long gap between eggs? I swear it's like 30 minutes now for me between them...

7 hours ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

Is sunglasses pineapple a reference to something?  Could swear I've seen something like that before, but I don't know where...

I wondered if it was a reference to Apple Dave, which is a fairly niche reference. It's apparently a character from a series called Weebl & Bob, basically an apple head on a human body with sunglasses and ruffled hair.

Edited by Ashywolf

@White FoxWell it isn't, honest ! It's about 10 minutes. I have a single adult page on 1 minute refreshes so I don't have to strain myself - and they are showing up quite regularly,.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Does the egg with legs make anyone else uncomfortable at all? ^^; My friend and I are creeped out by it!

Really well done sprite buuut creepy!

21 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Actually previous years HAVE hit 62 before now. In 2015. 2016 was 60.

But I've got half of them already today, without even trying very hard.

Oh, but even then, I'm busy at work, I barely have time to check my eggs let alone trying to collect Easter eggs because I work for Walmart and I've been working.nonstop in Easter, I work the next two days. I realize it's effortless collecting these eggs but one is busy half the time, one tends to forget about this and when we realise that it is going on, it's already over. I just want it extended for others and myself who barely have time during the next three days. I agree with the other person, extend it from Friday or make it just a day or longer

3 hours ago, blackmoonflower said:

Got my first one...guess you could say I found a legg? XD

It was my first one too! 😂

Edited by sage19

Ive always managed to get all of mine, but I'm also wondering if this will be the first year I don't.  More time would help many people.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't get much - but Ghibli - YES :)

(Is there a kittenbus ?)

OMG now I want a kittenbus as well, or the forest spirits (kodama?) 😱

I don't get most of the references either, except for Pokemon :P

Also, the legs are unsettling!

@Dalek RaptorUsually, the last day the eggs spawn more frequently than every 10 min (more like every 5 min or even less), if that helps a little. Still, I wouldn't mind extending the event.

Edited by Chococat0815

I am loving this event! I already have 18 crazy eggs and hope to get as many as possible before time runs out. I wish I understood more of the references though 😔

26 minutes ago, Chococat0815 said:

@Dalek RaptorUsually, the last day the eggs spawn more frequently than every 10 min (more like every 5 min or even less), if that helps a little. Still, I wouldn't mind extending the event.

? Are you sure about that.  Ive never noticed any such thing.  There are always people asking if the time can be reduced, but I'm not aware that it has ever happened.

I'm with fuzz, I hardly ever get the references but I love the eggs anyways.... I *think* I just got a Portal 'egg', but I could be totally wrong about that. Found two very pretty plain purple eggs so far, purple is my favorite color so I'm totally in love with those. 

re extending the Festival of Eggs... I've always been able to get them all (though it came close a few times), but I know I'm able to be on a lot more then many people. I definitely get why 62 eggs in 3 days can be difficult for some people... On the other hand, the time is consistent with V-day and Christmas drops, and honestly there will *always* be some people who don't have the time, or forget, or dawdle, or whatever, no matter how long it goes.