Jump to content
TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

 

I want to hug you and your words if it's possible. I couldn't say it better.

Finally someone who doesnt say "I managed, lol, it was perfectly doable, you sure havent invested time and planned your holiday perfectly as I did"

Haha, aw :D I just try to be a reasonable person.

Incidentally, you quoted me pre-edit, before I realized the event really only encompassed one weekend day...I think...I get days of the week mixed up all the time because of my wacky schedule (I work nightshift too so I practically exist in a whole different dimension of time lol)

Share this post


Link to post

I am also a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to collect all the eggs again this year.  I did my best but like many, real life got in the way from being able to spend the needed hours sitting at my computer.  Yesterday was basically totally lost since I work a 12 hour day on Tuesdays.  With the addition of more eggs to catch, I do think that additional time to catch them should also be provided.

Share this post


Link to post

I was here a lot, refreshed a lot, as was hunting in ap as well as looking specifically for the eggs,  have to say they did not show up every 15 minutes like clockwork for me, dont know if its my connection or what but only managed to find about 40 and i actually was trying. Didnt realize it was over already, came in early to hunt more thinking we had one more day, my time sense is all out of whack lol But yeah another day would be great!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

I just barely got 62 before midnight last night. I love them all and really pushed myself to get them. Thank you TJ for the event and to all who submitted the amazing eggs!

 

At 10 min between drops, we get 6 eggs/hour if right on top of it (anyone else set a timer as a reminder?), which means it was over 10 hours monitoring the cave to get them all, on average over 3 hours/day for all three days. That is a serious time commitment!

 

It would be really nice if the time required per day in order to get them all was reduced. Could the time between finding eggs be only 5 min, same as time between cave egg drops, instead of 10 min? Otherwise, more time for that many eggs would be much appreciated.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

Share this post


Link to post

I managed to get all the eggs but it sure was a crunch. I was grateful for the decrease to 10 minute drops yesterday, wouldn't have gotten them all otherwise.

 

Like a lot of other people on here, I'm not allowed to have my phone out at work (plus the site is blocked on work computers) so I only have a tiny window in the morning and in the evening after I've cooked/cleaned up dinner to play online. Easter is always a no go because I come from a bit of an old school family that frowns upon playing on your phone when guests are over. (Which isn't a bad thing)

 

Lots of people on here have the same or similar situation as myself with a small window to get on and collect easter eggs. With the larger number of eggs we've had the past few years, I don't see why we can't get an extra day to collet. Maybe start on Saturday instead of Sunday.

 

Since there's no prize, other than the sense of completion, and everyone gets the same eggs, I don't see why anyone would be opposed to having a longer drop window to be honest. 

 

 

TL;DR everyone needs to have a bit of empathy and realize not everyone can devote 10+ hours of their time to dragon cave over three days. Please let us have four day drops in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post

3 days for the event does seem pretty arbitrary--there's no true reason for it.  It would still feel like a special event at 5 or 7 days.  20 eggs a day plus two more at the end is a big number.  Maybe set it at 12 eggs a day?  That would be 5 days.

Share this post


Link to post

To those that felt an increase/decrease of the rate at which easter eggs appear, that is probably coincidental, or merely due to perception. For a reference, I will point to this post from 2011, according to which "[the eggs] show up at a random time, at around 5-15 minute intervals."

Share this post


Link to post

Bummer I couldn't get all of the eggs, but it's not gonna ruin my day. I've missed eggs before. I legit thought I almost had it, but then I realized I needed like 10 more when the event ended. (I got too distracted playing other games, haha!)

Share this post


Link to post

Since for some people who missed out on collecting all the eggs the problem was one of miscalculation as to when it was ending, would it be possible to add a countdown clock to the event?

Share this post


Link to post

Many beautiful eggs! The references all went over my head as per usual but I don't mind that. 

 

I didn't even get half of them. It would've been possible, sure, but I prioritized spending time with my family over pixel hunting. I wish the event just was a week long because this is the one low stakes, slow paced event we have and I just don't see the harm in letting it go on a bit longer. But eh, I'm not losing sleep over it.

Share this post


Link to post

I missed the event entirely. whoops 😧

Share this post


Link to post

Managed to get all the eggs with only an hour or so left. It would be awesome to have a chance to grab the past years missed eggs and maybe a day or two longer for the event itself. I was one of those people who worked all weekend + the Monday, and the time zone doesn't help much either. 

 

Either way I loved all the eggs. The walking bunny is by far my fav.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SickThing said:

I worked on all days (weekend and Easter Monday) and I got 55. The only thing I'm sad about is the fact that the Stargate egg isn't among those.

I agree that 1 day more to hunt would have been nice, though. ;)

 

Thing is - if we get one more day, people will still say they missed out, can they have one more day ?

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

 

Thing is - if we get one more day, people will still say they missed out, can they have one more day ?

 

I guess the fact that a high number of people didn’t manage to collect all the eggs kinda begs for an additional day. Tbh I wouldn’t mind up to a week of casually collecting. 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

I... definitely thought I'd already missed the event when I logged on early Saturday. Logged on again today and whoops looks like I missed it for real this time. ^^; Maybe I'll get lucky and the cry for the event to be extended a day will succeed, but considering I managed to log on the two days surrounding the event but not on the event itself I doubt it XD

Edited by Sylph264

Share this post


Link to post

I'm on the 'week long event' train like, if you want to push yourself to get all the eggs asap go for it, be the first completion, but we can't all get them that fast. Heck, even when I was watching it closely it was taking more like 20min for most of the eggs. We shouldn't need to be watching a page like a hawk for hours for what's supposed to be a fun event with lots of nice sprites. It shouldn't be so stressful, but it is.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

I'm on the 'week long event' train like, if you want to push yourself to get all the eggs asap go for it, be the first completion, but we can't all get them that fast. Heck, even when I was watching it closely it was taking more like 20min for most of the eggs. We shouldn't need to be watching a page like a hawk for hours for what's supposed to be a fun event with lots of nice sprites. It shouldn't be so stressful, but it is.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post

I've collected all of them :D. This is also the first time I've managed to achieved that. :D

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, AtomicSquid said:

Well, here's my opinion. I was able to collect all the eggs with plenty of time to spare (and btw I have a full-time job, I work weekends - this last one being no exception, and I had a family gathering to attend on Monday for the holiday...but hey, everyone's situation is different and I'm just lucky I have a job where I can goof off haha) but having said that, I'm sympathetic to everyone who wasn't able to find the time to collect all these eggs. As a completionist, I know the pain of having an incomplete collection. I especially feel for the spriter who said they weren't even able to collect their own egg, gosh, that's brutal. :(

 

I think the obvious solution is to extend the time allowed for these events. Three days, when one day is a holiday and one or two of those days are the weekend (again, some of us work weekends! And some of us work holidays! Those aren't guaranteed free days in the real world), is cutting it pretty close for a lot of people. It doesn't leave enough of a cushion in case any of those days don't work for us for some reason. Those of us who are lucky enough to be in a position to catch them all are just that: lucky. I don't think we need to lecture people about the unfairness of the world just because they don't have the advantages we have. Games should be fun, not stressful, especially one like DC which is mostly a pretty relaxed collecting game.

 

I don't support reducing the number of eggs though. Extend the event, decrease waiting times, but please let us have as many eggs as possible!

 

I think this puts it perfectly -- I've been able to collect all the eggs for the last 9 years because I was lucky, but this year, I had some personal stuff that meant I didn't have the time or access to log in frequently enough, and I'm stuck at 52 this year. As someone who has played continuously since I started playing in late November of 2009, through college and marriage and jobs, missing this event just sucks.

 

I'm not trying to be whiny, and I know that other people were able to manage just fine, but I'm really sad right now. I've been here through a lot of events in DC and I love the game, I've donated to the site before... I just wish there was a way to allow a little room for error, for life to get in the way. If it was within my power, that's what I would want to do.

 

Anyway. Happy Festival of Eggs, y'all.

Share this post


Link to post

Sugar Honey Ice Tea!

 

I forgot the event! 😅  Oops!

 

Is there a way to see the past eggs?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, theonewhoseeks said:

Sugar Honey Ice Tea!

 

I forgot the event! 😅  Oops!

 

Is there a way to see the past eggs?

I hope so, looks like a lot of people didn't get all 62 eggs. You can see my basket if you want to see them all now though, it's on the bottom for this year:

https://dragcave.net/easter/KenKazaki2

Share this post


Link to post

unfortunate! =_= in this year i do not succeed complete the collection eggs

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, AtomicSquid said:

Well, here's my opinion. I was able to collect all the eggs with plenty of time to spare (and btw I have a full-time job, I work weekends - this last one being no exception, and I had a family gathering to attend on Monday for the holiday...but hey, everyone's situation is different and I'm just lucky I have a job where I can goof off haha) but having said that, I'm sympathetic to everyone who wasn't able to find the time to collect all these eggs. As a completionist, I know the pain of having an incomplete collection. I especially feel for the spriter who said they weren't even able to collect their own egg, gosh, that's brutal. :(

 

I think the obvious solution is to extend the time allowed for these events. Three days, when one day is a holiday and one or two of those days are the weekend (again, some of us work weekends! And some of us work holidays! Those aren't guaranteed free days in the real world), is cutting it pretty close for a lot of people. It doesn't leave enough of a cushion in case any of those days don't work for us for some reason. Those of us who are lucky enough to be in a position to catch them all are just that: lucky. I don't think we need to lecture people about the unfairness of the world just because they don't have the advantages we have. Games should be fun, not stressful, especially one like DC which is mostly a pretty relaxed collecting game.

 

I don't support reducing the number of eggs though. Extend the event, decrease waiting times, but please let us have as many eggs as possible!

I agree with decreasing the waiting times to not vary so much, 5-10 minutes should be good, 5-15 is a bit much, personally.

Yeah, it really sucks that one spriter wasn't able to get their own egg. :(

And yeah, I think a week should be allowed for any quantity of eggs, actually, I think 2 weekends should be good for people with jobs since it's two full days for them (well, unless they work on weekends too which is brutal oof.)

Well, either the wait times between eggs should be less or the time frame of collecting eggs should be longer. Good point, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, KenKazaki2 said:

I hope so, looks like a lot of people didn't get all 62 eggs. You can see my basket if you want to see them all now though, it's on the bottom for this year:

https://dragcave.net/easter/KenKazaki2

 

The panda is cute and Totoro!! 😍

I'm such a scatterbrain. I remember when I started the site crashed and I had to start over. I didn't notice, so missed a lot. Ever since then I only missed a few  on one occasion. Oh, well. Next time I'll be alert. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.