AislinnSi

Give us Notifications in Regards to Descriptions

It's very very bothersome when I have 50+ pending descriptions to sort through all of them to find which ones have been accepted or to check if any have been rejected. Sorting through an excel sheet or list is not very efficient (though many have resorted to doing this) and I think it'd be much more effective if we could just have it added to the notification system. Of course, not everyone would want this, or perhaps some people would only want to be notified of certain actions in regard to descriptions, so what I'm proposing is give us the option to select the following categories to be notified about:

- When a description gets approved or rejected

- When a description gets an "Accepted", "Abstain", or "Rejected"

- When a description gets a comment

These would be three separate categories and individuals would be able to choose which one they would want. Thoughts? :)

I would only support notifying us of a final decision.

The other two would be FAR to heavy on resources, I think, and would also be a real pain. I have had up to 50 comments/votes on a single description in my time. I absolutely would not want to be told about each one.

13 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The other two would be FAR to heavy on resources, I think, and would also be a real pain. I have had up to 50 comments/votes on a single description in my time. I absolutely would not want to be told about each one.

I see @Fuzzbucket's point here.

I DO think a note when a descrip is definitely finally given a verdict by the mods would be nice, tho...

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I usually only get 1-2 comments, mostly accepts. The whole idea was to give people the option if they wanted to use it, but I could understand if it would be taxing on resources.

I DO think a note when a descrip is definitely finally given a verdict by the mods would be nice, tho..

That's what I would like at least.

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The other two would be FAR to heavy on resources,

I can be the judge of that, but it's possible to rate-limit things (e.g. only do it once per day, and don't send a new notification if you haven't read the previous notification). That said, I think it's not as important as knowing the "final" decision.

Overall, this seems like a great idea that I'll implement at some point.

Fair enough - though I DID say "I think" - I do know I don't know and that you are the judge !

7 hours ago, TJ09 said:

I can be the judge of that, but it's possible to rate-limit things (e.g. only do it once per day, and don't send a new notification if you haven't read the previous notification). That said, I think it's not as important as knowing the "final" decision. 

Overall, this seems like a great idea that I'll implement at some point.

Thank you very much for your input, TJ! 😁

Being notified about comments (sometimes they do contain useful hints) and final decisions would be nice. I don't think empty rejects or accepts have very much notification value.

Gettign notified of |Rejects would be of value I believe, as it would help us to fix/improve our descritpions as soon as possible.

5 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Gettign notified of |Rejects would be of value I believe, as it would help us to fix/improve our descritpions as soon as possible.

If you don't get a comment with them, what would that help you? You wouldn't even know what made that random other player reject your description.

Also it takes you straight back to the back of the queue, if you change anything. And one player rejecting doesn't mean the mod will do so at the end of it all.

50 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Also it takes you straight back to the back of the queue, if you change anything. And one player rejecting doesn't mean the mod will do so at the end of it all.

Please don't be afraid to edit your descriptions! Fix them if you can!!

It doesn't take you to the 'back', there's more than one way to view the queue than chronological.

Also yespls notifications.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:10 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

If you don't get a comment with them, what would that help you? You wouldn't even know what made that random other player reject your description.

well, in my case it would make me reconsider if I didn't make any mistakes, besides, the rejects I remember gettign did contain useful comments

1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

well, in my case it would make me reconsider if I didn't make any mistakes, besides, the rejects I remember gettign did contain useful comments

Well, then you'd already be covered by "being notified about comments" bit. Again, I don't see any use in notifications about EMPTY rejects or accepts.

Agreed. I'd love notifs about comments and accepts and stuff, but only if they AREN'T the blank rejects. Those hold absolutely zero value, imo, so I don't know why anyone would need a notif to those. Because there's...nothing there to ping. It's blank.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:20 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I think that would be the best-  some people write a lot of description and it may end up "spamming htem"

edit, noticed TJ's remark up above about ending a notificaton one per day, great idea!

Edited by Starscream

On 4/17/2019 at 8:10 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

For the rare times I manage to review descriptions, you'll always get a comment from me stating why I rejected them.

Notifs, especially when descriptions are approved, would be wonderful.

5 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

For the rare times I manage to review descriptions, you'll always get a comment from me stating why I rejected them.

I do the same (I only do user reviews, of course). On the other hand, I have gotten rejects without any message whatsoever, so I've attributed them to generic dislike and not something specific to my description. Thus, absolutely not notification-worthy.

I put comments too, as a rule. But I would only want a note when mine were approved.