Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerepasaurus

I'm revived. lol

Hey, I'm Jere. 

I originally joined DC back mid 2008, played a lot for about a year with some enthusiastic petsite friends.
Had some stuff happen in life that kept my internet access unavailable for about 6 months, and when I finally came back, found about 130+ of my dragons names had been wiped. 
Seeing as I'd been very keen on a number of complex and long original names, some of which were barely pronounceable--which my much younger and less tech savvy self had not considered writing down elsewhere in a full list--I was so... disheartened... to put it mildly, that I quit the site and tried to forget it for a long time.

A newer friend I game with more recently popped up and asked me if I played, and I relived the old moment none too well. lol
It took me a few days, thinking on it more, logged back in, salted some more with same friend, realized people had stolen a couple of unique names from my one and only special breeding project.
And I'm talking unique names like... "Zephran'dillant Augustir'veld", to give a random example of my needlessly elaborate nonsense. 😎 (I streamline more and get sillier now.)

So, things have been renamed on my scroll, mostly. Some things are sillier and simpler, but at playing again for a few weeks, searching for information on the DC wikia, looking for if name-wipes were still a thing, I found my way to the forums and decided to log in and drops some input and 2-cents on alternative methods of the whole name-taking business. Plus a bunch of other questions I have that the wikia doesn't really cover, or might be less time consuming to just ask directly of steady players.

Definitely not my most shiny and enthusiastic greeting, but I'm generally harmless. lol I've been living on discord like a hermit the last year, reserving my energy for other forms of dragoning, and this became a recent new slightly revived interest with a really sweet friend.
Also, sorry this was rather long and moody. Long day. 😅 lol

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I don't believe names get wiped anymore. They used to after I think six months of inactivity.

Thank you, and thanks for that info! That's a relief. lol

@Kaini Sorry to be a bother, but odd question; is it okay if I delete my intro? I know its a chunk of salt and not the best greeting when I don't feel great. xD

@sh20000sh Thank you! lol  
And yeah, I'm looking for more info I can't readily find on the wikia. Been digging around for details on efficient methods of play and stuff. A number of things have changed since I was here years ago. 

Hi Jerepasaurus.  Not knowing what your other questions might be there are a couple places you can look for help.  If you have lots of questions https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/57591-the-mentoring-project/  may be helpful.  Just the occasional it doesn't fit in any other catagory question https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/169995-tiny-little-questions/ might be what you need.

Welcome back!

Thanks so much, @Dracaena. :D
Sorry I didn't actually post my other questions; I have a random assortment at any given time, and depression gives me some nasty brain fog some days, so they're not easy to make a list for. :')

Hi Jere and welcome to DC! ^_^

Sorry your names got wiped. Especially since they sound so unique! I remember when they used to do that ... don't think they do that anymore.

If you have loads of questions (I still have loads), I found The Mentoring Project to be very helpful. I am not really a linear thinker at all and my questions came spilling out at my mentor in a messy, nonlinear-thinking sort of a way. XD Luckily my mentor was very cool (they all are, great people) and patiently answered my questions while I got the feel for things. 

It helped me greatly; and eventually I didn't have nearly as many questions.  I occasionally stop in to Tiny Little Questions (where I never fail to learn a good many things, as it is hard to remember everything on this site). 

Anyway, should you choose to want a mentor (they are great with lineage questions and all sorts of odd questions; I had many), you can find one here: 

Enjoy your time on DC! :nyan: