purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge - We have WINNERS!

Everyone has been added to the list up to here!

Added a Day Glory to my group. So now it won't matter which kind of Drake I'll find on May 1st as long as I find one XD

Would a wave lineage (several generations with X male, followed by X female) be acceptable?

26 minutes ago, Justie said:

Would a wave lineage (several generations with X male, followed by X female) be acceptable?

That's a variation of a spiral, I believe, so yes. :)

Thanks @purplehaze! I have been wanting to do a wave for ages. Seems there's always something else that needs doing first.

Now I have my motivation, I just need to decide on breeds! :rolleyes:😂

Updated my original post to include the breeds I had chosen for my project. It was so hard to choose but I decided to go with antareans and pillows. 

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): Link
Forum Name: Haki
Today's Date: April 18th

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : TBD

Challenge Group Link (required): 20WBC

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Purebred spiral. Not sure about breed yet.

This looks fun! Count me in :)

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): kigyptnee
Forum Name: Kigyptnee
Today's Date: 04/18/2019 (in my time zone at least 😄)

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : To be decided

Challenge Group Link (required): Link

Goal (Plan for your lineage): probably a spiral. Not sure what species yet though.

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): scalesofgrey
Forum Name: scalesofgrey
Today's Date: 19/04/2018

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) Black Scion's Ruby

Challenge Group Link (required): Group

Goal (Plan for your lineage): A double step spiral involving Diamondwings, Spinels and Dark Greens. Something like this:

Spoiler

image.png

Edited by scalesofgrey

Updated!

Time is getting closer. Don't forget to leave yourself an egg slot to catch your CB dragon on the 1st!  Of course you can always start later -- there will be plenty of time to catch up -- but the sooner you start the farther ahead you will be.

I decided to forgo with my original plan and tried something else. Updated my post with that and my starter dragon!

On 4/15/2019 at 1:07 PM, Justie said:

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): charlottekay62
Forum Name: Justie
Today's Date: 15th April 2019 (in Australia as well)

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : Not decided

Challenge Group Link (required): Link Group

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Spiral Lineage

UPDATE

Not sure I know how to go about this, I would like to add:

Starter dragon will be Qi Xeno Theo (possible name change to reflect participation in the lineage)

Goal: Wave Lineage with Thalassa x Aether

Edited by Justie
update of information

Just a reminder that the Challenge starts tomorrow!

Everyone will need a dragon with a "stolen on" date of May 1 or later to be a part of their starting pair, so try to catch one as soon as you can after the date turns over!

Once you have determined/caught/named your starter dragon, please post here so I can update the list.

And don't forget to use the form to report your lineage growth with each new egg and add them to your group, so we can all follow your progress! :)

17 minutes ago, Haki said:

OMG this is coming and I still don't know what breed to use yet lol 

Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm not sure either. I know I want to use a dimorphic breed, but it may depend on what I can catch tomorrow. XD I won't have a lot of time for hunting.

35 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I know I want to use a dimorphic breed, but it may depend on what I can catch tomorrow.

Well, you roughly have a 50:50 chance to catch one on first try :lol: Almost half of the breeds on DC are dimorphic, by my estimate.

That was my main reasoning for going with antareans and pillows, they are both dimorphic and fluffy. 😊

Yes! I caught the breed I was really hoping for and less than an hour into the Challenge! So I will be doing a single step spiral with Falconiform Wyverns! I think they are so pretty and I really haven't done much with them on my scroll up to now. My starter dragon will be this fellow who has been on my scroll for just a few days under five years (caught on the date of their release). His mate will be this little one that I just caught. :)

I believe I have updated everything to this point.

The Challenge has officially begun!

It is not too late for new sign-ups, though! We would love to have more participants.

Edited by purplehaze

Can we use eggs bought from the market, if we have no luck with the caves?

Just realize I haven't really seen a Diamondwing spawn before.

Finally caught my egg but it has an awesome code & I can't bring myself to influence it female so I guess I'm gonna need to catch two more now (at least one back up) QAQ

...I just egg-locked myself catching other things out of reflex OTL

Edited by Mochi

I was nervous about catching in the Cave, I rarely do it. So even though Aethers are common, I roped in two of my non-breeder friends to help.

Then caught one myself not 5 minutes later. 😄

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Yes! I caught the breed I was really hoping for and less than an hour into the Challenge! So I will be doing a single step spiral with Falconiform Wyverns! I think they are so pretty and I really haven't done much with them on my scroll up to now. My starter dragon will be this fellow who has been on my scroll for just a few days under five years (caught on the date of their release). His mate will be this little one that I just caught. :)

Huh? Not until I picked up my starter egg that I found out that we are making the same lineage for the same breed. I wonder if it's fine because I really love Falconiform and want to try out spiral.