purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge - We have WINNERS!

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I use ISO notation, 2019-05-09. The American mm/dd/yyyy format confuses me to no end and makes no sense whatsoever.

So far, purplehaze hasn't told me otherwise XD Not sure why it's needed at all since it's not visible in the ranking?

I don't really care what notation you use. I can figure it out.

As to why it is there -- it is a carry-over from the old Challenge. I just copied the same form that they used. I go by the order of posts, not by that date anyway, so it really serves no purpose here.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, it should be the breeding date. But it should be posted on the same day you breed anyway, because I am going to determine rankings by when things are posted, not by when they are bred. Otherwise it would be too hard for me to determine what is bred first when there are many dragons bred on the same date.

wouldn't that be kind of unfair to some of us? thanks to work and time zones?

this way the one with more free time (will probably be the first to post) will win.

14 minutes ago, Shibunari said:

this way the one with more free time (will probably be the first to post) will win.

Not at all. There will be breeding fails, like wrong breed, no egg, no interest, mistakes like no fertility or wrong/no influence used ... also, incubate management.

Basically, there's some strategy involved.

54 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Not at all. There will be breeding fails, like wrong breed, no egg, no interest, mistakes like no fertility or wrong/no influence used ... also, incubate management.

Basically, there's some strategy involved.

Oh, that is true! I forgot that sometimes things go the wrong way XD

Like random italics in quoting me? :blink:

3 hours ago, Shibunari said:

wouldn't that be kind of unfair to some of us? thanks to work and time zones?

Well, like Ruby says there are many other things that could affect how fast a lineage might progress.

And I honestly don't know how to be any fairer.

Edited by purplehaze

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): 4Zb9c

What Gen are you on now?: 3

Today's Date: 5/11/19

Forum Name: Verandi

Scroll Link (optional): Scroll

Challenge Group Link (required): Group

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): (N4HAI)

Today's Date: 05/11/2019

Forum Name: chandelotic

Scroll Link (optional): Scroll

Challenge Group Link (required): Group

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): lwMI8

Today's Date: 11 May 2019

Forum Name: Mochi

Scroll Link (optional):

Challenge Group Link (required): Here

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Egg

Today's Date: 5/11/2019

Forum Name: purplehaze

Scroll Link (optional): Scroll

Challenge Group Link (required): Group

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): F9m4J

Today's Date: 5/12/2019

Forum Name: Haki

Challenge Group Link (required): 20WBC

I don't believe it! I auto-abandoned AGAIN! Near tears, I feel like such a fool. I will never win now. :blush::(

But I am still gonna try, and will report and record my progress, should I ever have any, and I will finish this lineage, which I love so much. :wub:

Congratz to all the other challengers. 

Edited by Justie

1 hour ago, Justie said:

I don't believe it! I auto-abandoned AGAIN! Near tears, I feel like such a fool. I will never win now. :blush::(

But I am still gonna try, and will report and record my progress, should I ever have any, and I will finish this lineage, which I love so much. :wub:

Awww! :( But you are right to keep going. You never know what might happen to others along the way.

Just a reminder to everyone -- please make sure you add all your bred eggs to your group!

17 hours ago, Justie said:

The same thing happened to me this week, so you aren't alone with this! It was the right egg and everything too. Ack! 😣

Sigh. I hit a no interest :(

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Sigh. I hit a no interest :(

I feel your pain! ❤️

Lots of bad luck going around here this week! :(

On 5/12/2019 at 7:07 PM, Justie said:

Remember this plaintive cry? Well, I am crying with joy now! Thanks so much @Ruby Eyes for telling @Ruffledfeathers about my lost baby, and thanks so much to RuffedFeathers for sending it back.

Two awesome people! ❤️