purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge - We have WINNERS!

Ack, bred my starting pair but got the wrong type of egg! Will be trying again next week.

3 hours ago, Justie said:

I am still waiting for my first one to grow up. :( Another 24 hours. How did that happen?

Forgot to incubate?

(I lost only about 2 hours because I added mine to hatcheries too late, so the first bred egg will be a Day Glory instead of the intended Night - no biggie though)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

41 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Forgot to incubate?

(I lost only about 2 hours because I added mine to hatcheries too late, so the first bred egg will be a Day Glory instead of the intended Night - no biggie though)

Haha! Nope! I temporarily lost the power to count! 😄 My Aether is ready for the big day!

Edited by Justie

6 minutes ago, Justie said:

Haha! Nope! I temporarily lost the power to count! 😄 My Aether is ready for the big day!

45 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Forgot to incubate?

WAH!! I am heart-broken! I bred my babies and they were good little ones and gave me the egg I wanted, which I auto-abandoned because I forgot I was still egg locked! WAH!

Not an auspicious start, but it can only go up from here! :rolleyes:

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): OVwxo

What Gen are you on now?: 2

Today's Date: 5/6/2019

Forum Name: Mochi

Scroll Link (optional):

Challenge Group Link (required): Water Noodles

Grabbed my starters the day of but didn't want to post them up until they grew. I did add them to the group though.

I had a question from Justie by PM about changing the starting pair since the first egg was auto-abandoned. If anyone else wants to do that it is not too late, as long as you have another qualifying dragon (with "stolen on" date of May 1 or later) to use. This first breeding is the last time that would really be useful, I think, so I don't see any harm in it.

First I've named my starter dragon Sunset Stays, so you can change that portion of my Members/Standings profile ^^
I also was able to get my Gen2! So excited about this lineage, I've wanted to do it for a while!

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): (Mo5YK)

Today's Date: 05/06/2019

Forum Name: chandelotic

Scroll Link (optional): Scroll

Challenge Group Link (required): Group

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Ickle bitty eggy

Today's Date: May 6 2019

Forum Name: Fuzzbucket

Scroll Link: Scroll

Challenge Group Link (required): 20 weeks of pygmies

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I had a question from Justie by PM about changing the starting pair since the first egg was auto-abandoned. If anyone else wants to do that it is not too late, as long as you have another qualifying dragon (with "stolen on" date of May 1 or later) to use. This first breeding is the last time that would really be useful, I think, so I don't see any harm in it.

If that's the case, I would like to change my starting pair to Echoes in the Future (May 1) and Ghost of a Heart. My group still uses the same link. 

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage):(HLgKf)

Today's Date: 06/05/2019

Forum Name: scalesofgrey

Scroll Link (optional): scalesofgrey

Challenge Group Link (required): Group

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): ksCmK

Today's Date: May 6th, 2019

Forum Name: Haki

Challenge Group Link (required): 20WBC

Edited by Haki

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): 1EQwW

Today's Date: May 7, 2019

Forum Name: kirby

Scroll Link (optional): scroll

Challenge Group Link (required): group

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage):  Egg

What Gen are you on now?:  2nd

Today's Date:  9th Mayb 2019

Forum Name:  Tigerkralle

Scroll Link (optional):

Challenge Group Link (required):  Creative group name

Edited by Tigerkralle

I updated all the standings to here, just for fun. They really don't mean much of anything this early on in the Challenge. Everyone still has a chance to pull ahead -- even the few who have not yet reported their first breeding ( @Kigyptnee, @Kurokosworth, @Shibunari ). Even someone who hasn't even signed up yet! XD

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I updated all the standings to here, just for fun. They really don't mean much of anything this early on in the Challenge. Everyone still has a chance to pull ahead -- even the few who have not yet reported their first breeding ( @Kigyptnee, @Kurokosworth, @Shibunari ). Even someone who hasn't even signed up yet! XD

I did!

I edited the first post with the link https://dragcave.net/lineage/vzOev and date :)

35 minutes ago, Shibunari said:

I did!

I edited the first post with the link https://dragcave.net/lineage/vzOev and date :)

Please post your new dragons with the right form. I can't go back to check all your posts to see if they've been edited.

45 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Please post your new dragons with the right form. I can't go back to check all your posts to see if they've been edited.

Oh, I missed that we have a form!

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof:https://dragcave.net/lineage/vzOev

What Gen are you on now?: 2g

Today's Date: 05/06/19

Forum Name: Shibunari

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/Shibunari

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/89116

OK, in Today's Date should it be the breeding date 05/06/19 or actually Today's Date 09/05/19 ???

I use ISO notation, 2019-05-09. The American mm/dd/yyyy format confuses me to no end and makes no sense whatsoever.

So far, purplehaze hasn't told me otherwise XD Not sure why it's needed at all since it's not visible in the ranking?

13 minutes ago, Shibunari said:

OK, in Today's Date should it be the breeding date 05/06/19 or actually Today's Date 09/05/19 ???

Well, it should be the breeding date. But it should be posted on the same day you breed anyway, because I am going to determine rankings by when things are posted, not by when they are bred. Otherwise it would be too hard for me to determine what is bred first when there are many dragons bred on the same date.