Vaatzes

Hidden dragons/groups

Hey there, it's a fairly simple idea so I'll keep it short. I'd like to see a way implemented to hide specific dragons from your public scroll. I'm fine with a message being displayed like "And 37 other hidden dragons". One way to do this would be to enable groups to hide dragons in that group.

I keep a public scroll for trading and communicating purposes. I like showing my adult dragons as they follow a theme, however I would like to hide dragons that don't follow that theme. Furthermore, I can imagine this feature is handy for people that like to offer to breed specific dragons from their scroll, but hide dragons they don't want to breed. Also, perhaps you'd want to hide undead or neglected dragons. If you don't like it you won't have to use it, but given the fact that you can already hide ALL your dragons I think this'd just offer everyone a little bit more control.

Let me know what you think, thanks!

Actually it isn't terribly needed... You can put all the dragons you want to be shown in a public group (maybe called For public viewing !) and then hide your scroll; post the link to the group in your sig - and that group IS visible, even on a hidden scroll (Just tested this and it is so !)

Huh that's a good point actually. It's a bit of a weird workaround and not exactly the same thing as what I'm requesting, but I can live with it. Thanks for that!

Still I don't find this an unreasonable request, though maybe not the highest priority one.

Your last sentence says it all for me. I am holding out for being able to "breed within a group", for instance ! I just thought it could specifically help you - so :) and that !

We should make an "overview of small, quality of life requests" thread

Like "fog/unfog all"....

Like (PLEASE, @TJ09 ) "Hide growing things on scroll" - just as we can "hide adults".

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Actually it isn't terribly needed... You can put all the dragons you want to be shown in a public group (maybe called For public viewing !) and then hide your scroll; post the link to the group in your sig - and that group IS visible, even on a hidden scroll (Just tested this and it is so !)

That's quite annoying for using fansites, because you have to unhide your scroll every time you want to do something with your growing things on them.

Plus, the amount of dragons I don't mind people seeing is basically the majority of my scroll, I'd want to keep only a few out of sight. Your workaround would mean maintaining an awfully large group of several thousand dragons, in my case.

I'd really love an option to keep all members of a specific group out of public sight.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That's quite annoying for using fansites, because you have to unhide your scroll every time you want to do something with your growing things on them.

Plus, the amount of dragons I don't mind people seeing is basically the majority of my scroll, I'd want to keep only a few out of sight. Your workaround would mean maintaining an awfully large group of several thousand dragons, in my case.

I'd really love an option to keep all members of a specific group out of public sight.

Totally agree with this.

I think this is actually a very good suggestion, and a work-around that includes constantly hiding and unhiding your scroll every single time you need to use a hatchery is not exactly the best work-around imo. I personally don't mind showing my scroll in pretty much every situation (I do have it linked in my sig...) but there are a few in-progress lineage dragons that I would love to be able to hide from public view simply because they look 'unfinished' right now and I don't like that. 

There's also an option to hide all your mature dragons without hiding your scroll (not to diss my own thread but just to be fair). But thanks for the support guys, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Edited by Zalom

Yes - that's what's so annoying. I am FAR more likely to want to hide my growing things than my adults.

This could SO be useful in various different ways. I wouldn't have to hide my entire scroll to avoid "BREED DIS!!!" PMs or viewbombers if we could just hide all growing dragons/eggs and a few specific dragons that are reserved for IOUs (REALLY helpful if you have IOU lists...and make dumb accidental clicks like me and breed it with the wrong thing...yeah, I'm dumb...). I do NOT like my scroll name, but I really would like people to be able to look at my scroll and choose dragons they wanted me to breed for them, without me having to say "sorry, there's a list for her" or "oh, he only mates with one other dragon" like a few of mine. I have a silver metallic that ONLY ever mates with a CB Holly and only ever WILL mate with that (due to their names and story), and I wouldn't want requests for them. I wouldn't mind if someone wanted a child from the pair, if they accepted that the silver's mate would ALWAYS and ONLY be that single CB Holly.

exactly. Usually there's simply just a few dragons that are yours for whatever purpose and you don't need everyone else to see, while you'd like to be able to share the rest of the scroll publicly.

A "hide growing things" option, and the ability to either show only or hide a subset of your dragons, does seem like a fix for annoying requests to breed things (not viewbombing, though).

I think the problem with the "hiding the growing things" option is that it would function like fogging it or hiding the scroll, making it impossible to add them anywhere without undoing it.

So, I don't think that can happen. 

I'm fine with this concept though! 

It has potential for abuse though, where people pretend they don't have a certain dragon (like golds, rares, or prizes) in order to get more from like giveaways or traders. Or people hiding broken eggs to get around requirements for trading, breeding, or giveaway threads.

Not much you can do about it though. 

10 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

It has potential for abuse though, where people pretend they don't have a certain dragon (like golds, rares, or prizes) in order to get more from like giveaways or traders. Or people hiding broken eggs to get around requirements for trading, breeding, or giveaway threads.

Not much you can do about it though. 

If "And XX other hidden dragons" or anything similar is implemented, all a giveaway has to do is update rules so people have to show hidden dragons temporarily, like how you can't enter for some with hidden scrolls.

2 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I think the problem with the "hiding the growing things" option is that it would function like fogging it or hiding the scroll, making it impossible to add them anywhere without undoing it.

So, I don't think that can happen. 

There are hatcheries that will give views to hidden scrolls, as long as you know how to set it up....