RavenSaint

Warding an egg from sickness not working?

I got the Inverted Mint egg today, warded it against sickness, but it died. Not sure how it died, as it was warded. Other warded eggs have not died like this. I have 1 other egg warded and it has not died, gotten the same time warded before the inverted mint egg.

Has anyone else have their inverted mint die this year after warding it against sickness?

Ward only protects eggs for 6 hours.  Best thing to do is to hide fresh your eggs.

It really isn't rocket science. When you get an egg, fog it and wait til it's at 4 days (er status). Then unfog it, throw it into 4-5 hatcheries, making sure to click BOTH the regular and er buttons, if they have them. Boom! Your egg will hatch within a day. Then fog it again til it reaches 4 days. Unfog, throw it into the same hatcheries, then boom again! It will mature, and grow up within a day. I do that with all my eggs, and have not lost one EVER!! Seriously, NEVER!

I see so many people recommending that method, but I would find that totally unsatisfying. I hate looking at little fog balls on my scroll. It is also pretty much unnecessary to be that cautious. Just wait until your eggs are at least a day old before putting them on any hatcheries and then you are pretty much free and clear.  No need to fog them unless you are under attack by a view-bomber. If you want another level of security, hide your scroll or don't show your name on your dragons. But of course, to each his own! There are many ways to safely raise dragons.

I have taken to fogging everything when offline, that way I get to see things grow but can feel safe they wont get hurt while Im gone. 

The hidden eggs died this morning. I usually wait 24 hours before adding the eggs to click forums and sites. This time the eggs got sick, I hid 3, the mint died before I could hide it, the other three, which were Zyu, died this morning even though they were hidden. Makes me think the warded eggs, even though they were hidden when they got sick just up and died. 

It is fine. I'll just hope for an inverted female mint next year. The Zyu, I can breed up or hunt for in the caves at least. It is just frustrating that they died that fast and even while hidden. Life will go on. Its just a game that sometimes just gets frustrating as heck. This was just the first time I lost 4 eggs that fast and after the 24 hour waiting period before warding and setting up for clicks.

I hope everyone else had a fun April Fools day and got their Invertimints.

Stalk the AP. Sometimes people abandon their April Fool's Mints, it's how I got a few last year.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I see so many people recommending that method, but I would find that totally unsatisfying. I hate looking at little fog balls on my scroll. It is also pretty much unnecessary to be that cautious. Just wait until your eggs are at least a day old before putting them on any hatcheries and then you are pretty much free and clear.  No need to fog them unless you are under attack by a view-bomber. If you want another level of security, hide your scroll or don't show your name on your dragons. But of course, to each his own! There are many ways to safely raise dragons.

I'm with PH.

1 hour ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I have taken to fogging everything when offline, that way I get to see things grow but can feel safe they wont get hurt while Im gone. 

This, rather, too. But of course, with a special event people are all over the hatcheries.

I just thought about something. This happened before. Where there are people who "help" others to get clicks the same day of the event. Thus putting people's eggs up before the person is ready to put them up. I'll have to remember to fog event eggs, forgot I had lost some Christmas holiday eggs the same way. There is always next year to get another April Fools sprite.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I didn't know the warding only lasts 6 hours. That is good to know.