Spiteful_Crow

Fool Mint giveaway

Happy April Fool's Day, everyone! :P I'm holding an annual Fool Mint giveaway.

What is a "Fool Mint"? Since 2017, we've had the "Dragon's Dilemma" event on April First, during which you had the chance to win, among other things, a special, upside-down Mint egg. These would then hatch into upside-down Mints, which I call "Fool Mints". As it turns out, not everyone could get one of these during the event. That's why I decided to collect as many Fool Mint lineages as I could all year long so that I could have a giveaway on the anniversary today, to help spread the love silliness and share with people who weren't able to get any Fools of their own, or just people who might be interested in general. The event seems to be an annual tradition now! Try your luck and do your best to avoid becoming lunch!

I don't like threads with a lot of complicated rules, so here's how this is going to work. I have just a few basic ones to follow.

RULES:

1. Please, NO BAD ACTIONS! In other words, please do not Kill, Bite, Neglect, or try to turn these Mints into a Zombie. And I would also strongly prefer that you not Freeze them either. I would like them to go to people who might also breed and share them some day, but failing that, just raise the Mints to adulthood and love them.

2. Do not trade them. You MAY gift them, but I would prefer that you tell me first.

3. Please don't be greedy. There are no limits this year, but I want as many people as possible to have a chance to get these, so if you've taken three or more, please consider taking a break for a while and letting someone else have a chance to get some.

4. If you want to give away Fool Mint lineages of your own in this thread too, you're more than welcome to do so. I only ask that the "no trade" rule apply. Also, try to make sure that there is at least one upside-down Mint somewhere in the lineage. "Cave Mint" Fools (rightside-up Mints that were given during the event and have "cave" listed as their biome) are fine too, but try to mix them in with upside-down ones. Fool Mint kin that are not Mints are also allowed, but preferably from special pairings (like metals/prizes/alts/holiday checkers), since this thread is primarily for Mints.

Old post is here:

Spoiler

Happy April Fool's Day, everyone! :P

For the past three years now, we've had the "Dragon's Dilemma" event, during which you had the chance to win, among other things, a special, upside-down Mint egg. These would then hatch into upside-down Mints, which I call "Fool Mints". As it turns out, not everyone could get one of these during the event. That's why I decided to collect as many Fool Mint lineages as I could all year long so that I could have a giveaway on the anniversary today, to help spread the love silliness and share with people who weren't able to get any Fools of their own, or just people who might be interested in general.

[Rules]

So that's pretty much it. I'll be trying to gift these randomly throughout the day, but I may be online at sporadic times. I might get a few friends to help me, but that's kind of up in the air, which is why I'm encouraging anyone else who has Fool Mints to participate in this giveaway as well. Spread the silliness around and remember to have fun! :)

PS: If you have any suggestions for improving this thread, please feel free to let me know.

2023 special edit:

Check out our adorable new mascot!! 💚

image.png

Artwork belongs to @ZontarZon

Used with permission.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow
(update)

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

DO NOT PUT YOUR FOOL MINTS IN HATCHERIES YET! 

Putting eggs in hatcheries before they're at 5/6 days is practically begging for them to get sick. Please take care of your babies!

Older posts:

Spoiler

First batch is here. They're on a two-way teleport just so I can see where they go; do not attempt to trade.

It's a Psy-Duck! O: (Please only take if you intend to keep the code!)

Seems rather Omen-ous...

The sky is shiny! (Please only take if you intend to keep the code!)

More shiny Fools!

[gone!]

[also gone!]

Here's the first batch. I'm going to be breeding these completely at random and giving them to the first person that offers. They'll be on a two-way teleport so that I can see who takes them. Please DO NOT attempt to trade! I'm giving these away for free, and I'll want space to breed more, so just give me a random AP egg I can toss right back. If for some reason you can't offer an egg, you may PM me, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to reply in a timely fashion right now. Any eggs that sit around for too long with no interest (or if I really need space for something) may be abandoned to the AP, but if you find them there, I hope you'll still be nice to them.

Also, if you're interested in getting any of the lineages you see here that you've missed, or you want to arrange a trade or swap later after the giveaway, you can PM me about that too, although I may want to wait a little while until I can devote more time to Dragon Cave again.

One

Two

Three

Four

Edit: Since it came up, I'm considering allowing fails (non Mint offspring from Fool Mints) to be gifted in this thread too, but I'd still prefer to keep this mostly to actual Mints. Maybe limit fails to 2Gs, checkers, or really neat/special lineages.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow
(update/cleanup)

Thank you to everyone participating so far. :)

I hate to leave so soon, but I've got to go now. I'll be back later with more. In the meantime, have fun gifting your own stuff.

Eggs of mine still left, plus a couple more:

Take me home!

And me!

and me?

also me!

Edited by Spiteful_Crow
(update)

1 hour ago, Brekke said:

Got your G2, Brekke! Thank you. :) Edit: And yours too, Sirithiliel. Thanks! (I won't take any more now. XD)

Here are some goodies for the thread:

3rd gen PB with all upside down CBs

3rd gen PB with upside down CB females

4th gen PB with upside down CB females

3rd gen Mint fail stairstep from Joker x upside down Mint (brand new line, first offspring)

Edited by bloodonmyfangs

On 4/1/2019 at 4:37 PM, Amazon_warrior said:

Throwing out some Foolish Mint offspring!

Thanks for participating. :) I'll admit I took the second one, as I need more PBs, but I'm going to try to refrain from taking more eggs from my own giveaway thread. ^^;

Here are the ones I have left:

One

Two

Three

Four

Also, sorry to all the people who offered on that other egg I just gifted, but I could only choose one of you. If you're still interested in that lineage, PM me later.

And thanks for the thread, @Spiteful_Crow!

You're welcome, RDC, enjoy. :)

Edited by Spiteful_Crow
(update)

April Fool's might be officially over, but there are still some eggs left here that were bred on the first.

Including this very special lineage that was gifted to me a while back. I bred it literally at the last minute. Please take good care of it. Enjoy. :)

(Most of the eggs from my previous post are still available too.)

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

10 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Also, sorry to all the people who offered on that other egg I just gifted, but I could only choose one of you. If you're still interested in that lineage, PM me later.

Thank you! :)

Still a few Fools left who need good homes:

One

Two

Three

All gone.

Since I wasn't able to breed as many as I wanted on the first, I was also considering breeding some more on the fourth (four for the fourth month, April). But since this thread didn't get a whole lot of interest, maybe I should just abandon to the AP instead? What do the rest of you think? Do dates matter to you?

Maybe next year I'll be more organized.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow
(update)

15 minutes ago, Herk said:

(although only one is upside-down ;) )

That's fine, only one upside-down Mint in a lineage is required for this thread. Thanks for participating. :)

Bump for a new year!

I'll be breeding a few Fools to the AP, then setting up a few here for the night, and will be back sometime in the morning/afternoon to gift more. Please feel free to gift your own lineages too. :)