antichey

ANSWERED:about CB, lineages, etc

Hey! So I've been on the site for a few years, but haven't really interacted much with the community during my time. With that said, I noticed in Trading, a lot of people ask for cave born dragons, dragons with clean lineages, etc. I was wondering, what is the appeal of where a dragon originated from to the user and also what constitutes a clean/nice lineage? Thank you!

Hi! CB dragons are valuable because they are a 'clean slate' - you can start your own lineage with them, without having to worry about parent names, parent breeds, etc. You can always use them in breedings as-is and you know there won't be anything else 'added' to the lineage (because it has no family). 

Perhaps this makes more sense if you look at this thread:

Some popular lineage types are listed there. You can't make those types without at least a few CB dragons :) because otherwise the parents of the dragon or extended family will mess up the shape of the lineage. 

The popular lineages and CB dragons are good for trading, but in my opinion if you like to do something else then go ahead and do that! If you don't care about lineages that's perfectly fine too, or if you prefer a not so common lineage type. It just might be harder to trade. 

About the clean lineage thing, I'd say a clean lineage is not too long, has no unnamed dragons*, and has a distinct shape. But this is my definition and it's not really set in stone anywhere. 

*some people don't name their dragons at all, some leave the dragon unnamed if they have a funny code, some people give silly names, other very serious ones, etc... It's all preference! 

Because lineage looks cool when it was designated good. You can use a lineage to write lyric of a song,poem etc... or create a family line from ancestors down to descendants with and name them according to a concept of choice, or simply make something that looks cool, like a checker board or a stair.

This wikipedia page may answer your question better than me: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Lineages

That is for lineage dragons, and to make lineage, you need CB, that's why people looking for them.

There is apparently more reasons that I don't know

This is my idea of a pretty lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/9M1XA

I made it all by myself, with all my dragons. Meaning I started with a 'clean slate' with CBs of the two types of dragons in the lineage. That's why some people want CBs. Sadly, this pairing/lineage is NOT popular and I can't find a way to trade for a mate for the above baby. CB Golds are by far the most wanted, but there are still people who will trade nicely for clean lineaged Golds. It can depend on the rarity of a line, too, especially with prizes. For instance, a 2G tinsel from a random holiday mate isn't as desirable as a 2G tinsel from, say, a Xenowyrm, because holidays always produce a prize if the prize gives an egg, but the prize has a 50/50 chance of producing a fail if mated with a non-holiday like a Xenowyrm. Some REALLY rare lineages I've only seen once or twice are prizes from Frostbites or Falconiforms, because these guys almost ALWAYS breed true for some reason.

Actually that's beautiful. I will gladly try and breed up a mate for it. Give me a couple of weeks.... (... months. THREE no interest and one egg so far...)

Back to topic - a lineage can be long and beautiful too: https://dragcave.net/lineage/cMe3t

I have longer ones but am too lazy to look...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Oh wow! I feel like that clarifies things up for me a LOT. I find it interesting because I used to name my dragons all the time, but I don't anymore because there's just so many and I didn't think anyone cared either way but I've learned now they do! Thank you all so much for the help, I really appreciate it.