RinaDasler

Red dragons

What is an ideal number of Red Dragons to have on platinum scroll to be able to incubate non stop?

I'm sure someone already did the math on this.

Thx!

I have 109. I have never run out.

I think I've heard 120 as the magic number a couple times, but... even with ~80 you should be good for most of the year (maybe not during the holidays depending on your "hoarding behaviour") :P

I repeat - at 109, I have NEVER run out - even during holidays.

With ~80 I have never run out of incubates either, and I hoard pretty extensively during holidays. The actual required number might be even lower now that the holiday AP gets low-time so fast.

Okay, let's see. With a platinum trophy, you can raise 8 hatchlings every 3 days to adulthood. That's (almost) 40 in two weeks. Well, two weeks and one day. Plus, you can freeze an additional 18. So, minimum would have to be 58. Add two times your egg limit to be on the safe side, so 72. Plus it never hurts to have some extra - just in case the AP has eggs at an incu-hatchable stage and you like to trade your hatchies for rarer eggs.

Edited by olympe

Plus, you can gift hatchies infinitely ;)

It all really depends on your playstyle.

Assume you've an unlimited supply of non-incubated 5-day ready-to-hatch egg.  That is, these eggs has enough clicks / views and they will hatch the instance being incubate.

We know Incubate has 14 days cool down.

On Day 1, you'll need 24 Reds (Patch #1) to incubate 24 eggs.  Once hatched, you'll be scroll lock for 4 days until the hatchlings grow up.  

On Day 4, you'll need 24 Reds (Patch #2) to incubate 24 eggs.  Red Patch #1 still has 11 days cool down.

On Day 7, you'll need 24 Reds (Patch #3) to incubate 24 eggs.  Red Patch #1 still has 8 days cool down.

On Day 10, you'll need 24 Reds (Patch #4) to incubate 24 eggs.  Red Patch #1 still has 5 days cool down.

On Day 13, you'll need 24 Reds (Patch #5) to incubate 24 eggs.  Red Patch #1 still has 2 days cool down.

On Day 15, Red Patch #1 is off cool down but you're still scroll lock with 24 hatchlings.

On Day 16, your scroll is free (24 slots) and Red Patch #1 is ready to go.

With the above assumption, you need 24x 5 =120 reds

As olympe pointed out, you can freeze 18 hatchling every 2 weeks, that's another 18 Reds you'll need

So 120 + 18 = 138

If you gift generously like Ruby Eyes suggested, you'll need a lot more than that.

Edited by QVic

11 minutes ago, QVic said:

Once hatched, you'll be scroll lock for 4 days until the hatchlings grow up.

3 days.

This is good to know, I was just wondering this myself. Looks like I've got 122 reds, 4 growing currently. Thing is, I'll probably trade them all. Reds are always good trade fodder

At its simplest, you need to multiply number of eggs you can have by itself..so 8 x 8 is 64.   That is for all eggs being 7 days when you get them and all being incubated.  If you take into account getting eggs at various lesser amounts of time,  you obvioulsy need more.  The more low time eggs you get, the more you need, but I'd say 120 is certainly enough and then some.

On 3/21/2019 at 6:21 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

I repeat - at 109, I have NEVER run out - even during holidays.

And I have run out with 107 on more than one occasion.

If you keep all the hatchies it should be enough.

But if you trade hatchies for eggs or gift them, then this is a game changer and even 120 might not be enough.

So the ideal number of reds will eventually depend on your game play habits.

I have only 57 and I'm usually able to incubate everything. Of course, i'm often hatchie locked from trades meaning I'm usually only holding about 5 eggs instead of the max. I have 1 red growing right now, and 1 egg. So...uhm...if I don't trade, I'll have 59. I haven't run out in months. I ran out at Halloween when I was hoarding as many Halloween babies as possible, but that's it. I was hatching and freezing all the messy AP halloween babies I didn't already have, so my reds got used up quick. 

I REALLY want some dragon to get a darn BSA that makes hatchies grow faster. Doesn't even have to take away a day. Six hours would even be fine!