Keileon

Spinel breeding is bugged again

So, I know that for a long time when purebreeding Spinels, it was only possible to get green Spinels from them (barring a bug just after release when they were only producing red). I also know that the artist intended purebred Spinels to produce either red or green.

The "only breeding green" bug appears to have been fixed as of the VDay breeding week, as that was the first time we'd seen two CB Spinels produce a red. PB greens are also producing red on occasion, as well as green. But CBs are only producing red now.

I was willing to believe that it was just a ratio thing at first and that the reds needed to catch up to the greens, but I'm now consistently getting greens out of my green Spinels and still haven't gotten any out of my CBs. I just bred over 32 CB Spinel pairs to the AP and every single egg was red. Asking around, nobody else has gotten 2G PB greens either. This seems like a bug.

To recap:

Green Spinel x green Spinel is producing both red and green Spinels.

Red Spinel x red Spinel seems to only produce reds.

Huh, according to the spriter, green spinels should never produce red spinels unless that's what their mate is...

And, yes, can confirm the PB breeding bug.

47 minutes ago, olympe said:

Huh, according to the spriter, green spinels should never produce red spinels unless that's what their mate is...

And, yes, can confirm the PB breeding bug.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/V1sVM

Two greens made this red. Bug? 

Yes. According to this dialogue between TCA and me:

TCA: Green Spinels breeding true with other breeds is intentional, purebreds being only green and never red is (at least from my end) not.

Me: So, in other words, there's no chance of green Spinels ever having red offspring? (Unless, once this PB = green bug is taken care of, it's a red Spinel x green Spinel pairing?)

TCA: That is correct on both counts.

Can be found here, at the very bottom: 

Well that's odd. Pity, too. It looks really neat. 

Well, either it was fixed literal minutes ago or the ratios hardcore had to play catch-up.

iIwpzzM.png