TJ09

2019-03-10 - March Dragon Release

27 minutes ago, Kovia said:

What's the egg desc for the two-headed? I managed two of the coast one but no signs of the other yet.

This egg is dark with light speckles...or maybe it’s light with dark speckles?

This spreads over two lines, I think the line breaks just behind the ellipsis.

This is how is shows up for me.  It's pretty easy to recognize 

This egg is dark with light

speckles...or maybe it’s light with

dark speckles?

I wonder is the coast dragon gonna look the same whether it be male or female.

21 minutes ago, dommybomb said:

I wonder is the coast dragon gonna look the same whether it be male or female.

TJ has three of them. This means there's only one set of hatchling sprites, but there are two adult sprites--usually, a separate male and female.

5 minutes ago, TCA said:

TJ has three of them. This means there's only one set of hatchling sprites, but there are two adult sprites--usually, a separate male and female.

Well I can't wait to see it's final form! Everyone is going for the light/dark one though 😂

I'm really excited for both, but I feel like the blue one will be something special! A good mix with Waters I hope

7 hours ago, bluesonic1 said:

I think it does too, which would explain why the wiki had it listed as Western, but we received a strong request to change this by the spriter themselves. It's not unheard of that the site has small errors of this kind that spriters correct using the wiki though in my experience these have been credit errors that was then later fixed. Either way, seeing as Odeen was the one that made them and she says they're Easterns, I take it that TJ just hasn't gotten around to updating the encyclopedia, but you're welcome to continue the discussion with her.

i thought one of the criteria for Eastern was no wings o.0 and wings meant western. 

i've never actually seen an Eastern dragon that also included wings, myself xD

4 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i thought one of the criteria for Eastern was no wings o.0 and wings meant western. 

i've never actually seen an Eastern dragon that also included wings, myself xD

Radiant Angels

Whoa, CB Zyumorph, where did you come from? O_o

(jk, I know where it came from...just surprised I was able to grab one, heh)

Must be everyone concentrating on the new eggs. :P

Now I have to wait 16 hrs though, to catch another new coast to complete my 3rd pair.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

11 hours ago, bluesonic1 said:

I think it does too, which would explain why the wiki had it listed as Western, but we received a strong request to change this by the spriter themselves. It's not unheard of that the site has small errors of this kind that spriters correct using the wiki though in my experience these have been credit errors that was then later fixed. Either way, seeing as Odeen was the one that made them and she says they're Easterns, I take it that TJ just hasn't gotten around to updating the encyclopedia, but you're welcome to continue the discussion with her.

The same applies to Radiant Angels. Infinis says they are Eastern (I asked her at one pint, as their morphology was an issue in the Bingo game !) and the wiki reflects this - but the encyclopaedia says Western.

This is a very interesting discussion, but as far as I'm aware: Eastern dragons, by definition do not have wings.  Because they fly by magic.  Westerns have wings. The site has already caused confusion by changing the standard idea of drakes to suit one artist.  So I'd rather the game not change more definitions just because the artists say so.  I believe the usual definition of an elongated body + wings is "winged serpent".  They are a mix of Eastern and Western body types. 

16 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

That may be true, but I believe the site actually counts it as a Western. Baikalas and Two-Headed Lindwyrms, for instance, each have their body type listed in parentheses after 'two-headed dragon' in the official Encyclopedia, and all the Western two-heads, including the Bloodscale, don't.  (Except for the Bauta, which for some reason does actually show 'Western' after the two-head designation...) 

(Anyone have a Bloodscale zombie for confirmation?)

Bloodscale zombie hatchling, she has the same body type and sprite as this Duotone zombie hatchling.

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

This is a very interesting discussion, but as far as I'm aware: Eastern dragons, by definition do not have wings.  Because they fly by magic.  Westerns have wings. The site has already caused confusion by changing the standard idea of drakes to suit one artist.  So I'd rather the game not change more definitions just because the artists say so.  I believe the usual definition of an elongated body + wings is "winged serpent".  They are a mix of Eastern and Western body types. 

Eastern dragons usually don't have wings, but that doesn't mean they always don't have them:

Spoiler

%25C0%25C0%25B7%25E6.png&type=sc960_832hokusai-1mwa-DSC_2248.jpg&type=sc960_832

The first one is a depiction of dragons that served the chinese emperors, described as having bat-like wings and three fingers. The second one is traditional japanese art of a feathery winged dragon. There are also legends that say a dragon that has lived 500~1000 years will sprout wings, which is why they are so rare.

Aside from that, as far as dragon cave is concerned, if a western can not have wings, I think a eastern can have wings. It makes for more creativity and interesting designs. Their long, serpentine body is their distinguishing feature imo and the current winged easterns in the cave being grouped with stouter, compact western bodies feels out of place for me.

49 minutes ago, Thaliel said:

didn't even see the speckled ones yet😞

Try to get them on the five minute drops, or they'll all be taken. Look in Desert, Forest and/or Volcano, respectively.

TJ's hatchlings are sick... hope they won't die. I need to see those adults asap :D

11 hours ago, Dracaena said:

Radiant Angels

which are also described as 'westerns' In the encyclopedia =P

29 minutes ago, nordana said:

TJ's hatchlings are sick... hope they won't die. I need to see those adults asap :D

Don't worry, TJ's new releases are always sick from so many people viewing them. They never die, he protects them.

On 3/10/2019 at 10:51 AM, Cinspawn said:

Yaay! I'm excited :D Especially to the drab one 👀 I hope they go well with Waterwalkers, hehe.

Happy birthday!

Thank you! :)

1 hour ago, olympe said:

Try to get them on the five minute drops, or they'll all be taken. Look in Desert, Forest and/or Volcano, respectively.

nothing on 5 minute drops either, not even a trace

42 minutes ago, Thaliel said:

sttill nothing, I'm afraid I'll completely miss out on the speckled ones

They never go away. It'll take time since they're new plus a new two head. Those go like hot cakes