High Lord November

Crystalize Eggs BSA

The TOS did say that, and supposedly some scrolls were lost to that.  It was taken out when the kill limit of five was implemented.  And zombies originally permanently took a kill slot so you could never make more than 5.  So yes, many things change over time.

3 hours ago, olympe said:

Plus, most people won't be on a schedule to freeze again ASAP, so egg-freezings will spread out within a relative short amount of time.

And, while all possible ideas are nice and all, I personally think simple is best. Regular action with the same limits as freezing hatchlings, keeping the stage the egg is frozen at. 

And, especially since we got so many different Zombies to collect, I think it'd be rather hypocritical of TJ to allow and even encourage killing of adults and hatchlings, but not allowing killing of eggs for keeps on grounds of morality. 

I also think that most players who stay long-term go through different phases. Personally, I not only had a no-kill phase (that got ended when I tried to make more vamps), but also a no-abandon-my-own-eggs phase. It's possible the same is true for TJ, too. Wasn't it in the very old ToS (way back when I joined in '09) that scrolls could get burned if too many dragons were killed?

Agree completely with this.

Egg-freezing really doesn't have to be such a huge deal. We already have freezing mechanics in place, I honestly don't see a reason to make egg-freezing so complicated and confusing when we *already have* perfectly good freezing capabilities in the game. Why can't we just use the same mechanics? Okay, so some people don't like the thought of a fetus being 'trapped' in a frozen egg forever.... They don't *have* to freeze their eggs. If anyone objects to egg-freezing on a moral ground, they can simply not use it. Same goes for killing adult dragons, smashing eggs, etc etc. Frankly it seems a little strange to try to use that argument when the game *already* allows you to outright kill your dragons. Human morals shouldn't enter into what a pixel dragon game does and doesn't allow. 

Just make it simple: A normal 'freeze' action on the eggs, the exact same way hatchlings have, with the exact same freeze limits as hatchlings have. That means that even a Platinum trophy player can only freeze 18 eggs every 2 weeks, that is not enough to make a huge difference in the AP, in ratios, in *anything*.

Even simply add the eggs to the freeze mechanic we have now - Platinum can freeze 18 things every two weeks.

4 hours ago, olympe said:

And, while all possible ideas are nice and all, I personally think simple is best. Regular action with the same limits as freezing hatchlings, keeping the stage the egg is frozen at. 

I totally agree.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Even simply add the eggs to the freeze mechanic we have now - Platinum can freeze 18 things every two weeks.

Personally I would prefer 18 eggs and 18 hatchlings instead because I have so many of both to freeze!

5 hours ago, High Lord November said:

Personally I would prefer 18 eggs and 18 hatchlings instead because I have so many of both to freeze!

I'm sure you would :lol: . But... Restraint never hurt anyone :)

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh god no, please don't add eggs to the hatchie freezing limit. Restraint is all well and good but the main thing I have left to complete my sets are hatchlings, which means I often end up sitting around and twiddling my thumbs waiting while my slots come back, which is REALLY fun. If eggs got added to the total freeze slots it'll just be more of  'play for a few days, then go sit in the corner and wait till you can play again!'

(and yes, I try and pass the time by collecting odds and ends, but that bores me to tears within a day. Being able to tick off sets is where the fun is for me!)

15 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Agree completely with this.

Egg-freezing really doesn't have to be such a huge deal. We already have freezing mechanics in place, I honestly don't see a reason to make egg-freezing so complicated and confusing when we *already have* perfectly good freezing capabilities in the game. Why can't we just use the same mechanics? Okay, so some people don't like the thought of a fetus being 'trapped' in a frozen egg forever.... They don't *have* to freeze their eggs. If anyone objects to egg-freezing on a moral ground, they can simply not use it. Same goes for killing adult dragons, smashing eggs, etc etc. Frankly it seems a little strange to try to use that argument when the game *already* allows you to outright kill your dragons. Human morals shouldn't enter into what a pixel dragon game does and doesn't allow.

Just make it simple: A normal 'freeze' action on the eggs, the exact same way hatchlings have, with the exact same freeze limits as hatchlings have. That means that even a Platinum trophy player can only freeze 18 eggs every 2 weeks, that is not enough to make a huge difference in the AP, in ratios, in *anything*.

Unless you are also suggesting lifting GoN limits to go with it, freezing eggs excludes an entire breed. There's no way to breed GoNs like you can with holidays, and the current limit means that one of each sprite fills their limit as-is. (this isn't an argument against either a raised/removed GoN limit or freezing eggs, btw, just pointing out that there's no workaround if it's implemented as-is)

We'd need a different method for getting all egg sprites unless that's accounted for.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

hatchlings are the only thing Im missing from my scroll goals and I have nearly a hundred still to do, plus new breeds being added all the time.  while I agree the limits should probably go together, I would hope more sprites = more slots.  please and thank you.

I care a lot more about the rule than the exceptions. GoNs might never be able to have their eggs frozen - being total guardians and forces of nature, I could see how they might have resistance to spells or something. Or it could be an April Fools thing, where we're able to buy GoN eggs for super cheap in the shop, but it turns out they're just painted stones. Or pick them up from the cave and they turn out to just be painted!

I always liked the painted stones thing best.

5 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Unless you are also suggesting lifting GoN limits to go with it, freezing eggs excludes an entire breed. There's no way to breed GoNs like you can with holidays, and the current limit means that one of each sprite fills their limit as-is. (this isn't an argument against either a raised/removed GoN limit or freezing eggs, btw, just pointing out that there's no workaround if it's implemented as-is)

We'd need a different method for getting all egg sprites unless that's accounted for.

The way I see it, if someone wants to freeze a GoN egg they can. Technically, they can. The limit on GoNs does mean that they'd have to prioritize between, say, having a frozen hatchling or a frozen egg, but it's not like it's *impossible* to freeze a GoN egg. I honestly don't see GoNs as a huge argument against egg-freezing being a simple freeze action... People have to prioritize and figure out exactly what they do and don't want with many different things in this game already, there is no reason they can't do that with GoN eggs as well. 

16 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

I care a lot more about the rule than the exceptions. GoNs might never be able to have their eggs frozen - being total guardians and forces of nature, I could see how they might have resistance to spells or something. Or it could be an April Fools thing, where we're able to buy GoN eggs for super cheap in the shop, but it turns out they're just painted stones. Or pick them up from the cave and they turn out to just be painted!

I also agree with this. Having *one* breed where egg-freezing might be an issue should not be a reason for not allowing egg-freezing for all other breeds.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:45 AM, Guillotine said:

GoN's and GoNs alone shouldn't be used to hold back over 200 breeds, it's ONE egg out of hundreds. I get that completion is a common goal and I totally think there should be some form of accommodation like a 4th GoN or whatever, but scrapping a perfectly good system because a single dragon that most people already won't be freezing that often is kind of dumb. GoN hatchies also take up slots, there's still room for one adult but you can't get your M/F breeders if you freeze one so the two most common goals come into conflict and a player has to choose which one to fold and which one to fulfill; sometimes goals just can't be fulfilled. 

Edited by blockEdragon

On 3/7/2019 at 9:00 AM, BrazenChase said:

Yikes... The hostility isn't necessary. 

Some eggs like Witchlights have really fascinating cracking stages, so I can see why people might be interested in that. 

Would complicate my text idea, though. Only really checks out for a whole shell. 

OR the Arcanas. AND some of the whole and intact eggs we have are GORGEOUS ( Thank you, spriters!) so I can totally imagine why people would want to permanently collect them!

THOUGH that being said, I don't freeze many hatchies, even, personally... though I am ALL for people having the option.

IMHO the same applies to this suggestion.

LIKE, probably not a thing I would use often if at all. AT said, again, that doesn't mean I am opposed to the option. After all as  @PhoenixEterna  and others have said.... we allow people to give their eggs to a vampire to bite ( QUITE possibly killing the egg rather than turning it) OR neglecting it ( AGAIN, quite possibly killing the egg rather than succoring in the experiment to make a neglected.) EVEN if none of those options existed there is still the possibility of the egg being raised improperly and dieing do to not hatching in time, for instance. Being a dragon egg isn't and never WILL be fully safe. Bottom line... any number of unpleasant things can happen to a pixel egg already. AND , really, freezing the egg so that it can't hatch is probably one of the tamer ones.

Just because the option exists doesn't mean that I personally am required to use it.

My opinion... give us the option and let us decide whether or not we want to freeze eggies, just like we decide whether or not to freeze hatchies.

AS for limits... I would prefer a separate Freezing limit for eggies. Hatchies have a limit, and eggies would , too... but eggies wouldn't count towards the hatchling freezing limit and nor would hatchies count towards the eggs. SO... if someone had frozen their limit of hatchies for whatever the cooldown is, they could still freeze EGGS provided that they had NOT also met their limit for them.

SO overall... I vote "Yay," to this idea, even IF I am unsure if I would use it.

Edited by JavaTigress

I fully support this feature, especially with so many beautiful egg designs on this game. However, I believe that eggs shouldn't be able to be frozen right away, and should have a five-hour period where you cannot freeze it if you get the egg from the cave or from the AP, similar to how you cannot just abandon an egg you don't like if you capture one from the cave. If you could just freeze an egg as soon as you get it from the cave or the AP, I feel that people would use this feature just to clear through the cave or AP to get eggs that they want. Eggs that you bred or get in a trade, however, should be able to be frozen right away if you want to.

11 minutes ago, Tyranto said:

I fully support this feature, especially with so many beautiful egg designs on this game. However, I believe that eggs shouldn't be able to be frozen right away, and should have a five-hour period where you cannot freeze it if you get the egg from the cave or from the AP, similar to how you cannot just abandon an egg you don't like if you capture one from the cave. If you could just freeze an egg as soon as you get it from the cave or the AP, I feel that people would use this feature just to clear through the cave or AP to get eggs that they want. Eggs that you bred or get in a trade, however, should be able to be frozen right away if you want to.

If there's a limit to how many times you can freeze an egg per two weeks, I don't think the cooldown on the AP eggs is necessary. The cooldown on the CB eggs is necessary though.

Or maybe we need a complete overhaul of the freezing mechanic? (Just hear me out, please.)

Right now, we have strict limits on freezing - 2 times your egg limit + 2 every two weeks.

What if, instead, you could freeze as many hatchlings (and eggs) as you want - but they'll count towards your scroll limits until their timer has gone down to 4 days left?

For hatchlings, this would mean you can freeze as many as you could raise - at the cost of not getting any adults when you do. On the downside, you wouldn't be able to use freezing to avoid being scroll-locked any more. What it boils down to is more freedom.

The same kind of thing would work for eggs, too. If you freeze an egg, it counts towards your limits until it hits 4 days left. Since the egg doesn't actually hatch, it won't ever count as a hatchling, though.

4 hours ago, olympe said:

Or maybe we need a complete overhaul of the freezing mechanic? (Just hear me out, please.)

Right now, we have strict limits on freezing - 2 times your egg limit + 2 every two weeks.

What if, instead, you could freeze as many hatchlings (and eggs) as you want - but they'll count towards your scroll limits until their timer has gone down to 4 days left?

For hatchlings, this would mean you can freeze as many as you could raise - at the cost of not getting any adults when you do. On the downside, you wouldn't be able to use freezing to avoid being scroll-locked any more. What it boils down to is more freedom.

The same kind of thing would work for eggs, too. If you freeze an egg, it counts towards your limits until it hits 4 days left. Since the egg doesn't actually hatch, it won't ever count as a hatchling, though.

Oh my goodness please no. That would be horrible! Freezing would be soooo much harder and more complicated that way, waiting for timers to go down, interfering with scroll/egg limits, I really can't imagine anyone wanting *that* over the very simple limits we already have.

5 hours ago, Tyranto said:

As I've already pointed out multiple times in this thread, egg-freezing will no doubt have some sort of limit similar to hatchling-freezing, which is a maximum of 18 hatchlings frozen every 2 weeks with a Platinum trophy. Even if egg-freezing has a higher limit for some reason, there is really *no* situation where people could 'clear the AP' just by freezing. It's really just not possible, given how huge the AP backlog normally is and the relatively-small probable freezing limits. I agree with a 5-hour wait on eggs picked up from the cave, since we already *have* that 5-hour wait for them so it makes perfect sense to keep that. AP eggs don't need a cooldown when we'll already have some type of overall limit.

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh my goodness please no. That would be horrible! Freezing would be soooo much harder and more complicated that way, waiting for timers to go down, interfering with scroll/egg limits, I really can't imagine anyone wanting *that* over the very simple limits we already have.

Imagine the AP at the end of a holiday event, though... And even during normal times with low-time AP eggs, egg-freezing could happen rather quickly.

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 3:16 PM, blockEdragon said:

GoN's and GoNs alone shouldn't be used to hold back over 200 breeds, it's ONE egg out of hundreds. I get that completion is a common goal and I totally think there should be some form of accommodation like a 4th GoN or whatever, but scrapping a perfectly good system because a single dragon that most people already won't be freezing that often is kind of dumb. GoN hatchies also take up slots, there's still room for one adult but you can't get your M/F breeders if you freeze one so the two most common goals come into conflict and a player has to choose which one to fold and which one to fulfill, sometimes goals just can't be fulfilled.

It's still something that should be taken into account. The current GoN limit is far too restrictive for precisely the reasons of not being able to have a breeding pair and there are threads pushing for an expanded or lifted limit; adding another possible sprite to it adds more pressure to an already overstressed limit.

Either come up with a GoN expection (which TJ would likely not take) or come up with a method to get egg sprites unrelated to grabbing them normally.

Personally, I'd be okay with GoNs staying limited as-is even with egg freezing. Lorewise it makes sense for them to be unfreezable as an egg (too strong magic). And, also, there are neither hatchlings nor eggs for Sinomorphs - yet I don't see anyone asking to forbid freezing because there are not Sinomorph hatchlings to freeze.

While I agree that a way to also get GoN eggs frozen would be preferable, I don't think it would break the game if we only found a way to freeze eggs of all other breeds. One breed does not rule the game.

41 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

It's still something that should be taken into account. The current GoN limit is far too restrictive for precisely the reasons of not being able to have a breeding pair and there are threads pushing for an expanded or lifted limit; adding another possible sprite to it adds more pressure to an already overstressed limit.

Why "should" it be ? We already live with exceptions for them - they cannot breed true, and we can never have an even number. Big deal. If people want a frozen GoN egg, they can make that choice - just as people used to for holiday dragons; just as we do for a frozen GoN hatchling.

Either come up with a GoN expection (which TJ would likely not take) or come up with a method to get egg sprites unrelated to grabbing them normally.

Or leave it as an exception - that we have to make a tough choice.

ETA cross posted. I totally agree with olympe. It really isn't THAT important in the ultimate scheme of things.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Why "should" it be ? We already live with exceptions for them - they cannot breed true, and we can never have an even number. Big deal. If people want a frozen GoN egg, they can make that choice - just as people used to for holiday dragons; just as we do for a frozen GoN hatchling.

Or leave it as an exception - that we have to make a tough choice.

ETA cross posted. I totally agree with olympe. It really isn't THAT important in the ultimate scheme of things.

Agreed. 

I'm not necessarily against a raised GoN limit, but honestly the whole 'GoNs are too limited' issue is very different from this topic. This topic is about being able to (somehow) keep egg sprites, in general, on our scrolls permanently. One breed out of hundreds should not interfere with that, and if anyone is really concerned about GoN limits in regards to this topic they should probably push for a limit-raise instead of pushing for a totally different suggestion to not happen simply because GoNs would be an exception. (Also, yeah, Sinos don't even *have* eggs or hatchlings, but that shouldn't stand in the way of egg-freezing either!)

I honestly don't even understand why GONs keep coming up as an argument.  Lets work on THIS suggestion then we can talk about possible exceptions. It doesn't make any sense what so ever to do so in the opposite order. 

How about if the "you attempt to breed the dragons, but no egg is produced" message were replaced with "you attempt to breed the dragons, but only an infertile egg is produced"? That way, no viable egg would have been produced anyhow, but you get the option of keeping the empty shell.