Svataben

Question about amount of clicks needed now.

Hey there!

I've been gone for years, came back, and grabbed some eggs.

I posted them to a click site, and they got clicks.

I thought all was well.

They ALL died. 😕 I have 7 dead eggs on my scroll...

Is the amount of clicks needed grown? And if so, to how much?

(I did try the search feature, but didn't get lucky.)

I'd recommend using a view site (like most of the hatcheries listed in the fan sites section) as opposed to (or in addition to) a click site - as far as I know most people don't try to hatch based on clicks, instead we rely on larger amounts of views. Dragons can hatch as soon as they're 3 days old*, so to be safe (and efficient) most people aim to hatch by then. If they didn't hatch by seven days they were probably quite a long way off that since the number needed goes down the older they get.As a very very rough estimate, I find that 500 unique views and 1800 views will hatch most breeds at around 3 days old.

I always take the slightly paranoid approach that all isn't well until they're safely hatched XD

(* incubate allows hatching at 2 days)

Looking at the other dragons on your scroll though you were definitely going for views and not clicks last time - if you assume those numbers were about half while they were eggs and half while they were hatchlings you were actually getting more views before your hiatus than I'm suggesting for a lot of dragons, and hardly any clicks at all.

edit: actually allowing for breed perhaps my estimate was a bit over, but nonetheless I don't think numbers have actually changed considering what your older dragons have.

Edited by FiveSix

I've definitely noticed that the amount of views my hatchlings need to gender has gone up at some point in the last few months. I need to use five different fansites just to get them enough views that my hatchlings grow their wings at the time I'm used to (at around 5d 14~15h time left for non-Prizes, Zyus or Guardian Avatars). :blink:

Some players even make it a point to have their things grow up with 0 clicks - only views and unique views.

I'm totally fine with 4 sites and some micromanagement.

Add to ValleySherwood, AoND and Evina's when eggs are about a day old.

Add to Silvi's if it's a stubborn breed or if hatcheries are slow due to lower viewer traffic (e.g. in summer).

Add to AoND's and Evina's ER when at 4 days and not yet hatched (they don't auto-ER). Usually only happens with Zyus, Avatars, Prizes, Nhiostrifes and Luminae ...

Remove from all but ValleySherwood when gendered (usually around 5 and a half days).

Personally, I'm quite fine with 3 hatcheries. Right now, I tend to add my eggs ASAP to Valley Sherwood, since it's rather low-traffic and gives my eggs just the amount of views/UVs they can stomach when still young. After around 12-24 hours, I'll also add them to Silvi's and after around 24 hours to AoND. I usually have to use the ERs on all sites when I incubate, but it doesn't really take more than an extra hour to hatch my stuff.