Moonlight_Eevee

Pokémon Sword and Shield

Nintendo has released the new games on the Nintendo Direct along with the new three starter Pokémon

HYPE

Edited by Dalek Raptor

41 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

I'm literally SO excited. But I'm gonna be so annoyed if Scorbunny is another Fire/Fighting T.T

I'd personally love them if they make Scorbunny Fire/Steel or Fire/Ground

Edit: going with Sobble because it's adorable as fudge

Edited by Dalek Raptor

1 hour ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

I'm literally SO excited. But I'm gonna be so annoyed if Scorbunny is another Fire/Fighting T.T

Fire/Fairy, please! Only because we don't have anything with that type combination yet. Bunnies make good tricksters, right? Fairy could be appropriate for one.

2 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Why do I think you're going to be annoyed? 

Shut up and take my money, Nintendo!

I think this describes the mood perfectly for Scorbunny

ce5c2d21-4faf-48b6-ab56-970bcb2a223e.jpg

It said it has a lot of energy, i'm hoping for the energizer bunny and they make it Fire/Electric... though I doubt it, fire fighting seems like a guarantee.

Monkey boy is my starter of choice!

I'm excited! Galar seems to be based on the UK, looking forward to that picturesque countryside! Hopefully we'll also be able to take a train through the tunnel to Kalos (which I learned is based on France, never played Gen 5) and play a second region like in G/S/HG/SS (one can dream, right :P ).

Usually, I pick the grass starter as well but this time I'll probably have to make an exception for Sobble.

Why does everyone like sobble so much, he seemed quite average to me, like a discount mudkip x treeko.

A 2nd region would be pretty cool... I was kinda hoping they were gonna announce "Pokemon World" where you can travel between ALL the regions.

1/8 Fairy - sounds like good odds to me.

PLEASE don't let that be a fightin' bandage on its nose.

Sobble has potential, but I'll have to see its evolutions. Scorbunny is very cute but we're ALL hoping it's not Fire/Fighting. Fire/Electric or Fire/Fairy would be really cool, Fire/Ground or Fire/Steel would be fine too.

Sobble looks interesting, I hope it keeps the chameleon trend as it evolves

Very wary of scorbunny...if it's not fire/fighting I'll probably go with scorbunny. 

I need to get me a switch :T let the saving begin 

The names are... well I wait until they release Stripe and Point edition. xD

But I like the pictures so far and let's see how it will be in the end.

Sobble is the best. Though I did really like Popplio at first but ended up not liking Brionne or Primarina so hopefully I'll like Sobble's evolutions.

For now I prefer Sobble the most, though I'll have to see their final evolutions(Incineroar was a great letdown personally). We already have several anthropomorphic bunnies and a monkey starter(+the triple element monkeys and many others) so the rest are eh. Hoping at least one of the legendaries is a wolf based on the sword/shield art.

Just want pokemon following you around

following poekmon

pls

I like the designs of all three starters, but I agree with the majority. I'm NOT looking to another fire fighter. It seems like they've all been the same dang typing since Blaziken. Why wasn't Emboar Fire/Steel? Why wasn't Incinaroar Fire/Dark? Just ugh! Such wasted potential. 

I'm torn between choosing Sobble and Grookey. They're both pretty cute, which says a lot because I'm not a big fan of monkey pokemon. I need to see the final evos before I decide. 

I also want to see the two legendaries. 

4 hours ago, Syiren said:

I like the designs of all three starters, but I agree with the majority. I'm NOT looking to another fire fighter. It seems like they've all been the same dang typing since Blaziken. Why wasn't Emboar Fire/Steel? Why wasn't Incinaroar Fire/Dark? Just ugh! Such wasted potential. 

I'm torn between choosing Sobble and Grookey. They're both pretty cute, which says a lot because I'm not a big fan of monkey pokemon. I need to see the final evos before I decide. 

I also want to see the two legendaries. 

Incineroar was fire/dark but it's based off the heel wrestler so it can easily be mistaken as a fighting type plus it can learn 6 fighting type moves. Emboar apparently was based off a wrestler from somewhere. I just want to know why Nintendo has this thing about where they just make the fire starters into a generic wrestler while the other two don't suffer the same fate. You don't see Blastoise, Feraligatr, and Samurott looking the same even though they're pure water types or Meganium, Sceptile, and Serperior looking very similar in design even though they're pure grass.

It'll be very frustrating if Scorbunny suffers the same fate but at this point, I'm hoping because part of the name has 'scor' in its name, it'll be part steel

As Dalek Raptor said, Incineroar was in fact Fire/Dark, it's just that it's design and the fantasy behind it makes it easily mistaken for a Fighting type.  As for Emboar, while it does have some wrestler DNA in it's design, it's mainly based off of the pig-warrior from Journey to the West (can't remember the character's name), just as Infernape was based off of Son Wu Kong from the same story.

I am in full agreement though that I really hope that Scorbunny's evolutions aren't Fire/Fighting type again.  Though, I'm curious to see what they could make it both if it's not Fighting, and if the theory that their evolved forms are based off of athletes is true.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

I'm so very excited!!!! I'm also wary about Scorbunny for the same reasons as everyone else, but may end up picking it still depending on what the evos look like. I actually really like all three starters roughly an equal amount, so this might be the first game that I try to have all three on my team for my first play through. That would be cool. :D Also since Galar is based on Britain, I'm hoping there's a new horse pokemon!!! A fancy equestrian horse pokemon, or even a new unicorn pokemon to tie in some Scottish heritage into the UK thing going on. Or just more Rapidash running around is cool with me too. I'm also hoping there are more Mega evolutions across the board; I really hope they don't completely forget about them :( I'm really very excited to see what kind of new pokemon we're getting! I wonder if they'll come out with new evolutions for anything :o 

I'm excited for the new games, but I also really love this period before we know the final evos of the starters so everyone is drawing what they think they will end up looking like. I'm not going to make any predictions but I think I like the rabbit best so far. Also if we don't get some fake leaks and drama about them I will be disappointed. Actually probably the funniest possible scenario is what happened with the unova starters where the actual evos were leaked but people thought they were fake for a while and were talking about how that was good because they hated them but then surprise! Real emboar, lol.

Given the title art it looks like we are for sure getting some kind of wolf, which is fun since there is a surprisingly low level of wolves so far. I've seen some people say that they think we might also get a corgi pokemon, which would be excellent. Hopefully we get a lot this time! I liked most of the alola pokemon, so I have high hopes, but I was disappointed by how few there were. I'd also like to see some evos for older pokemon like dunsparce or maybe a steel evo for eeevee.

I'm cautiously excited for the game. The starters are not anything extra-ordinary, my favorite at the moment is the Grass type fella. Scorbunny seems a bit boring and obvious to me, but maybe the evolutions will make it more exciting. I haven't played a new Pokemon RPG in a loooooong while (last one was Black and White, and even that was years after its release), but now that I finally have a new console, I'll definitely have to buy this one!

On 2/28/2019 at 9:32 AM, Marcus Pheonix said:

Why does everyone like sobble so much, he seemed quite average to me, like a discount mudkip x treeko.

Lol I agree with this although it seems to be a very minority opinion! Then again I'm extremely biased as I've never chosen a starter that isn't a Fire type lol (except Snivy bc 😠 I hate Tepig's design)

Idk if it's confirmed that Galar is the UK? Because, being from the UK, I have to say that while watching the trailer nothing struck me as being particularly UK-ish. All the details we've seen so far remind me much more of Germany or Sweden or Switzerland or some other Western European country to be honest. The cavalry theme of the game names is pretty much the only UK giveaway I'm seeing rn?

Still mega excited though

2 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Lol I agree with this although it seems to be a very minority opinion! Then again I'm extremely biased as I've never chosen a starter that isn't a Fire type lol (except Snivy bc 😠 I hate Tepig's design)

It seems like there's a starter that gains massive popularity, like Sobble. I happen to like Sobble as I love chameleons and while I love bunnies and Scorbunny is really cute to me as well, I'm not too hyped over it unless the final evolution will be on all fours and not another wrestler design. As for Grooky(?) I don't like it

For the moment, I prefer Sobble, though really none of them are particularly appealing at this point in time.  I will have to see their evolutions to really decide.

Not too thrilled about it being on Switch, though they may have finally given me an excuse to get one... We will see though.

Never chosen a non fire starter? Geez you missed out.

It makes sense it's on the switch, it's the next console, both handheld and standard.