olympe

Stop Password Verification for Harmless BSAs

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I would PM TJ - that really doesn't sound right. Unless you zombied it ?

I did try to revive him immediately after his death (hoping for a living revival), but he disintegrated. He is not a zombie. This is the dragon to which I am referring.

Edited by Tecca

Posted (edited)

I'm SURE he shouldn't still count. Weird. Do ask TJ. It can't hurt.

ETA what does your breed limit say ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

ETA what does your breed limit say ?

https://dragcave.net/help/limits does not seem to list holiday breed limits except during holiday season? I only see limits for GoN and Leetle Tree.

Edit: @Ruby Eyes answered my question in TLQ about the issue at the time. Apparently dead adult dragons are still associated with your scroll. Perhaps it is different for hatchlings. I simply accepted it, and did not make a thread as she suggested. I do have one living CB Winter Magi now, and as I said I am not really doing WM lineages any more.

Back on topic: This thread's suggestion might help to prevent similar tragedies in the future. I would appreciate having a different verification action for harmful actions than non-harmful ones. Many other sites and apps give an "are you sure?" prompt only when doing something like a deletion. It helps to call attention to the drastic nature of a proposed action. Having such a reminder on everything fails to single out the truly harmful actions.

Edited by Tecca

I am very much for this, especially when I play on mobile.  It is a royal pain in the rear to do ANYTHING with my dragons when I have to use my password for every little action.  It honestly makes me not want to play at all on mobile except when necessary(i.e. release/event and I am away from home).

I am another in a household by myself.  I don't need or want protection from meddling siblings/housemates.

In a way it also encourages people to keep their passwords simple, as who would want to type in a long, complicated password for every action(if they don't save it)?  Which is its own problem in and of itself.

On 3/17/2019 at 8:10 AM, Tecca said:

Apparently dead adult dragons are still associated with your scroll.

I do believe this has been changed recently, at least for limited dragons like the GoN and holidays as I recall TJ saying he had or would have changed it in a help thread in the last year or so. Perhaps you can try again next Xmas?

Anyway I'm all for getting rid of password verification on harmless things if it means less clicks to go through for mass BSA usage. I can't open up 8 tabs simultaneously on mobile like I can on desktop, so it's a lot longer of a process if I just want to incubate and influence (not to mention precogs).